ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-Northwestern Game Thread

fatlady.jpg

Holy sh*t. Pike is a genius for sitting Freeman. Best message he could ever send. See we can win without you.

Last edited:
We deserved this. We've lost so many close ones, it was nice to finally win one. Great hustle and heart, as usual, and we finally made some shots late and stepped up the D. Kept saying this one was winnable.

Sanders has been great in every big win we’ve had. Thiam helped down the stretch tonight but everyone compliments Corey. He had the eye in this one. Praying he comes back.

Great win. I also hope that some posters can stop the “move on from Corey” nonsense. RU doesn’t win this game without him. I feel great for the team !
Yes, he's inconsistent at times, but he was and is our best player and it's not even close. Never understood all the venom for Corey. Great game.

Reactions: FrankZ
We deserved this. We've lost so many close ones, it was nice to finally win one. Great hustle and heart, as usual, and we finally made some shots late and stepped up the D. Kept saying this one was winnable.
Plus they didn't make any shots and we got the rebounds. Makes such a big difference at the end.

Wonder game for the heart and soul and leader of this team, Corey Sanders!!!

Corey is the player of the game, no doubt about it. But Thiam was awesome down the stretch, Sa with strong defense, Omoruyi with hustle and a big drive to the bucket in OT... the whole team stepped up down the stretch to win it.

Thiam with 8 boards tonight, two steals, one block, 10 pts. Great line.

Only 8 turnovers for the team tonight, with 8 steals and 5 blocks. Defense!

Reactions: KevH and AD888
Appears Rutgers made their 3 pointers as soon after I was criticizing them. Ha.

Great game though. Electric atmosphere towards the end.

Corey is the player of the game, no doubt about it. But Thiam was awesome down the stretch, Sa with strong defense, Omoruyi with hustle and a big drive to the bucket in OT... the whole team stepped up down the stretch to win it.

Thiam with 8 boards tonight, two steals, one block, 10 pts. Great line.

Only 8 turnovers for the team tonight, with 8 steals and 5 blocks. Defense!

I admit I stopped listening when we went down 6 (from down 1) with less than 1 min to go. I checked ESPN a few min later and saw it was in OT and was like... WHAT???

Lol, heard every point we scored in OT. Great come back. Sanders has GOT to come back. With some more scoring help and more a seasoned Gene, Geo, and Duke a long with Sanders as a senior, we can win some damn games next year and shoot for the NIT.

I admit I stopped listening when we went down 6 (from down 1) with less than 1 min to go. I checked ESPN a few min later and saw it was in OT and was like... WHAT???

Lol, heard every point we scored in OT. Great come back. Sanders has GOT to come back. With some more scoring help and more a seasoned Gene, Geo, and Duke a long with Sanders as a senior, we can win some damn games next year and shoot for the NIT.

Droves of "fans" left down 6 with a minute left

Hope they enjoyed giving up the evening to go to a game only to have to listen to the win on the radio on the way home.

But at least they beat traffic...

Where did that guy Jimmy Jack go? Ever notice how some posters are all over the place when there's a lot to crap on but then quiet in terms of giving praise or credit.

Of course. And I'm the opposite. I usually only come to the board when we win, play well, or in the off season. I just hate reading the anger and sadness.

Reactions: PaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT