ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers offers 2026 Aiden Derkack

I saw him say he works out with Geo Baker every day.

That's some family. At least 3 kids: oldest at Rutgers MBB, middle girl starting freshmen year with UMass WBB and youngest ranked top 75 in 2026.

Father played MBB at FIU with ex-NBA player Raja Bell. Mother probably played in college too.

Actually the younger brother of Jordan!
I imagine he will be visiting Jersey Mike’s during the season.

24/7 has him as a 4 star and Rivals has him as a 3 star.
Having seen him live, in what was probably his worst game of the year (state playoff loss), I think the Rivals rating is more accurate at the moment when talking college potential.

Watching him in warmups & the game, not knowing who he was at the time, he definitely can play above the rim based on some of the dunks and other stuff that I saw. Definitely needs to build up his frame, he's a bit slight up top. This should be easily achievable.

Also, needs to work on getting to the rim better against strong defenders/defenses. He really struggled against Ramapo and wasn't a big factor in that game as a result. He probably didn't see a defense that good all year. High major defenses will be even tougher.

Reactions: carmenst
Having seen him live, in what was probably his worst game of the year (state playoff loss), I think the Rivals rating is more accurate at the moment when talking college potential.

Watching him in warmups & the game, not knowing who he was at the time, he definitely can play above the rim based on some of the dunks and other stuff that I saw. Definitely needs to build up his frame, he's a bit slight up top. This should be easily achievable.

Also, needs to work on getting to the rim better against strong defenders/defenses. He really struggled against Ramapo and wasn't a big factor in that game as a result. He probably didn't see a defense that good all year. High major defenses will be even tougher.
Was he a sophomore when you saw him playing against seniors and juniors in HS?

Reactions: TRU2RU
Was he a sophomore when you saw him playing against seniors and juniors in HS?
Yep, which is why I said the potential is there. I've seen plenty of HS freshman/sophomores play well against older players which is why I feel the Rivals ranking is more appropriate.

Saw Keiner Asprilla (2026 7'0" DBP center) play Ramapo twice last year and he's a bit overrated by the services. Kid is extremely raw and is likely a rim protector at best if he goes high major. Will be interesting to see how well he does as a junior without a future NBA player getting all the attention.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Yep, which is why I said the potential is there. I've seen plenty of HS freshman/sophomores play well against older players which is why I feel the Rivals ranking is more appropriate.

Saw Keiner Asprilla (2026 7'0" DBP center) play Ramapo twice last year and he's a bit overrated by the services. Kid is extremely raw and is likely a rim protector at best if he goes high major. Will be interesting to see how well he does as a junior without a future NBA player getting all the attention.
When I was a junior I played against a sophomore named Roy Hinson. Would never have thought he would play major college basketball let alone pro. Played against Aaron Howard, saw his potential more.

I wouldn’t judge a one game performance by a sophomore determine a 3 or 4 star.

He has offers from Rutgers and Villanova already.

Last edited:
When I was a junior I played against a sophomore named Roy Hinson. Would never have thought he would play major college basketball let alone pro. Played against Aaron Howard, saw his potential more.

I wouldn’t judge a one game performance by a sophomore determine a 3 or 4 star.

He has offers from Rutgers and Villanova already.
High majors offer 3* players all the time. Think you're more upset that I didn't agree that he's a 4* than anything.

Which AAU program is he playing for? Would love to see his stats from those games.

Reactions: satnom
High majors offer 3* players all the time. Think you're more upset that I didn't agree that he's a 4* than anything.

Which AAU program is he playing for? Would love to see his stats from those games.
I haven’t seen him play at all. Not upset about anything, just saying it’s tough to judge a sophomore from one game. I’ll take your evaluation. No issues with that. 6’5 160lbs, will be interesting to see his development.

Reactions: Scarlet83

Agree with this
Have seen him play few times
GMC hoops has been pretty weak last couple seasons.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT