ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rutgers offers Transfer Portal DT -- Joey Slackman

This is the reason I’m not buying a quick turnaround because of NIL. I get that you can go from bad to ok. But if you want to challenge the blue bloods (B1G East), no chance.
I am thinking that if Rutgers "plays it smart" we could be a program to make that turn. If we become a consistent ok to good team- this area, including NYC becomes a part of a winner. The fringe fan, starts to actually become fans...and that gets the train rolling faster than most other parts of the country.
Imagine a Rice/Leonard or even McCourty Twins in NYC if this was the era of NIL- Heck BL was on Times Square prior to the 06 season. Imagine D & J as twins with their smarts and smiles...
I have said for a long time- Rutgers is the one program in the country that could turn it over night if they could just win.

• Love
Reactions: RUTGERS95 and Kbee3
I am thinking that if Rutgers "plays it smart" we could be a program to make that turn. If we become a consistent ok to good team- this area, including NYC becomes a part of a winner. The fringe fan, starts to actually become fans...and that gets the train rolling faster than most other parts of the country.
Imagine a Rice/Leonard or even McCourty Twins in NYC if this was the era of NIL- Heck BL was on Times Square prior to the 06 season. Imagine D & J as twins with their smarts and smiles...
I have said for a long time- Rutgers is the one program in the country that could turn it over night if they could just win.

3 of those 4 are local. If they could get a pipeline established in the casual fans minds, especially for the North Jersey Catholics players, add in Brooklyn, PA and a few FL players things could get interesting.

As several of my friends (not Rutgers fans) have said all too often...not with THAT schedule.
One actually said that he hoped the league was wearing a condom when they welcomed Rutgers to the Big Ten and gave us that schedule.
edit...I know...it changes starting in 2024.

He does not. He's very happy to dictate to people how to spend their money.

"It's obvious you don't want to win" directed at the father of a multi year starter who went on to the NFL. Brain dead would be an insult to dead brain cells. Totally ****ing clueless.

I’m sure I give more money to Rutgers (Business School) than the vast majority of donors. And then another $900 to football to keep my seats/parking.

With this NIL DONATION stuff, I just don’t get it. Paying for “name, image and likeness” usage is very fair and a good idea. WTF does a monthly donation have to do with their name or image?

I’m sure I give more money to Rutgers (Business School) than the vast majority of donors. And then another $900 to football to keep my seats/parking.

With this NIL DONATION stuff, I just don’t get it. Paying for “name, image and likeness” usage is very fair and a good idea. WTF does a monthly donation have to do with their name or image?
This is my take on it...NIL was never supposed to be something coaches and boosters were supposed to be a part of. The orginal idea, wasn't all that bad- sort of like when R Hart won a class action against the video game makers and players all got a small amount of money because of games like Madden using their NIL.
And then maybe share in on some of those sneaker deals and sales of things like Jersey's that have their NIL. Maybe pick up a few local Car Dealership signings.
Now, it became, what fans or fanbase have the bigger D@@k.
Everything about the current NIL is wrong and I am not going to put any money into it as it is today. If someone wants my money so you can give it to the local car dealership to pay the player to do their advertising- at least get me a free oil change for doing it...

Reactions: Scarlet1984

I think it’s a stop gap until the program can market to potential corporate partners. People have to see benefits from signing the NIL with players.

This is my take on it...NIL was never supposed to be something coaches and boosters were supposed to be a part of. The orginal idea, wasn't all that bad- sort of like when R Hart won a class action against the video game makers and players all got a small amount of money because of games like Madden using their NIL.
And then maybe share in on some of those sneaker deals and sales of things like Jersey's that have their NIL. Maybe pick up a few local Car Dealership signings.
Now, it became, what fans or fanbase have the bigger D@@k.
Everything about the current NIL is wrong and I am not going to put any money into it as it is today. If someone wants my money so you can give it to the local car dealership to pay the player to do their advertising- at least get me a free oil change for doing it...

Yep.

As crazy as something like the Livvy Dunne situation is (I don’t get the influencer thing), a couple of years ago that wouldn’t have been allowed because her income kinda sorta has something to do with her sport. To me, that is fair because she is being paid for the perceived value she generates for product brands.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
"It's obvious you don't want to win" directed at the father of a multi year starter who went on to the NFL. Brain dead would be an insult to dead brain cells. Totally ****ing clueless.
This thread shows that Rutgers fans as a whole are just full of excuses to keep the wallet from opening. NIL gets you football players. Everyone who plays against us is doing it and most are doing it better. If you don’t help you can’t complain but of course that’s what Rutgers fans do the best that and give opinions. Parents of a multi year starter should be the first to open up the wallet. They were here before NIL and should get it 100% how this is the game changer.

This thread shows that Rutgers fans as a whole are just full of excuses to keep the wallet from opening. NIL gets you football players. Everyone who plays against us is doing it and most are doing it better. If you don’t help you can’t complain but of course that’s what Rutgers fans do the best that and give opinions. Parents of a multi year starter should be the first to open up the wallet. They were here before NIL and should get it 100% how this is the game changer.
Eye roll

He does not. He's very happy to dictate to people how to spend their money.
You are a terrible moderator you have cost Richie thousands of dollars from many posters who have decided to not re subscribe to premium. You moderate unfairly because you are very emotional and it shows in your posts. You insult at will without any repercussions like when you called my mom a whore. No one who mattered on the board cared even when I said I had the proof to show the post. You get involved negatively with posters who think differently than you and that’s not how it should be. This is just the truth but hey it’s not my business to run. You def have cost the owner of this site thousands annually because of your inability to be fair to all posters. Watch this post be erased because that’s how you operate.

• Wow
Reactions: BLewis1968
You are a terrible moderator you have cost Richie thousands of dollars from many posters who have decided to not re subscribe to premium. You moderate unfairly because you are very emotional and it shows in your posts. You insult at will without any repercussions like when you called my mom a whore. No one who mattered on the board cared even when I said I had the proof to show the post. You get involved negatively with posters who think differently than you and that’s not how it should be. This is just the truth but hey it’s not my business to run. You def have cost the owner of this site thousands annually because of your inability to be fair to all posters. Watch this post be erased because that’s how you operate.
DJ - 😯 That is a little out of line...
365- most of us just ignore what DJ says anyway. lol

But, I'm still not giving to NIL

Reactions: RUTGERS95
what he said
We certainly don't agree on a lot of things but there are also times we are on lockstep...What I do like about your style is that you are like a guy I could see at a tailgate- go at it about something from 2 directions and then just grab a beer and a burger and walk into the game together.
The way this shit is supposed to be lol

We certainly don't agree on a lot of things but there are also times we are on lockstep...What I do like about your style is that you are like a guy I could see at a tailgate- go at it about something from 2 directions and then just grab a beer and a burger and walk into the game together.
The way this shit is supposed to be lol
amen! 100%

that's definitely my style!!!!! hahahahahaha

How much have you given to RU in the past 5 years, including NIL? You are mighty preachy. And you are generalizing about people keeping the wallet from opening.

If it’s over $100k, you’re welcome to stay on your soap box. Otherwise, as the himbo said to George Costanza, step off.

You def have cost the owner of this site thousands annually because of your inability to be fair to all posters.

"I have the absolute right to grind my axe on a specific subject, beat it to death, hijack other threads and keep stating my opinion over and over ad nauseum. It doesn't matter that other posters complain about me, that threads have to be cleaned up due to my hijacking them, that some threads devolve into such a disaster that the moderator/admin has to lock and/or delete the thread. It's my Constitutional Right of Free Speech to be able to engage in this behavior! Those who abrogate that right should be called out and publicly excoriated for doing so."

"I have the absolute right to grind my axe on a specific subject, beat it to death, hijack other threads and keep stating my opinion over and over ad nauseum. It doesn't matter that other posters complain about me, that threads have to be cleaned up due to my hijacking them, that some threads devolve into such a disaster that the moderator/admin has to lock and/or delete the thread. It's my Constitutional Right of Free Speech to be able to engage in this behavior! Those who abrogate that right should be called out and publicly excoriated for doing so."
all I want to know is this; is that Oban? It's a little dark..................lol

all I want to know is this; is that Oban? It's a little dark..................lol

Auchentoshin 10yo, that's the only one I'll have with a cube or two of ice. Used to love that during the summer, too bad they discontinued the 10yo.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT