ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Recruiting: Waiting Is Hard- Results Are Key!

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Hoping we land some big talented players....the sooner the better. Lewis, Hansard (sp.?)....others. But these two because of the positions they play / their rank in NJ would create a buzz that might help to offset the Partridge in a lead tree that is Michigan- or Suburban Meyer's traveling minstrel show.

Enough with the hyperbole, we're all seeing / hearing about how Ash / company are hitting it hard. But the key is getting the players....at the earliest time (imo) while they can influence a few other talented players who can then create the snowball that wipes out half the eastern conference in the B!G in two years.

Here's hoping.

MO

Reactions: NickyNewark51
got an odd feeling Hansard isnt coming. Im hoping we get Owen Bowles(think this is 100%) and Corey Bolds, and Markquese Bell. Hopefully some good news soon. Was hoping for a few commits post spring game.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
From what I have gathered we are actually doing rather well, no time in our recently history (Schiano and on) have we closed on top targets so early in the game (not counting Sanu since he was relatively lightly recruited as a low 3 star), not even the highly rated class of 2012. Furthermore, reading recruit's reactions (committed or otherwise) almost makes you feel we have an entire staff of Jeff Hafleys, I have not felt more optimistic about our recruiting in a long time if not ever. Good things will continue to come on the recruiting front as long as we can turn the on field perceptions around this year, not so much in wins and losses but in looking organized and competitive with a clear direction.

Reactions: MV9000
Hansard is gonna be tough I feel. Hun are straight up Rutgers haters. Hard to battle that AND the Flood bs....but I think we still got a shot.

We're off to a great start and for some reason I don't consider early commits to Ash in the same light as early commits to the previous regime. My guess is that, like the Schiano regime, Ash is telling the kids not to commit unless they're 100% positive. That doesn't mean there won't be decommits, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to be like what happened the past few years IMHO. I'm pretty sure most of these kids realize that 2016 is going to be a very difficult year for us on the field and are not basing their commitments on 2016's record.

I'm liking where we are, but a few more top NJ kids could really get the ball rolling. This season's results/performance could either attract or turn off some prospects. No blowouts please!

I am watching my 18 year old cat eat key lime pie. Hopefully someday I can watch big Fred do the same.In Piscataway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT