ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers' Sprock to Miss 2022 With Injury

Was the returning leading scorer … meaning top 4 last year need to be replaced … sounds like RU loaded up on the transfer portal … time will tell.

Happened on Monday. I actually saw it on a live stream unfortunately.

He’s going to be missed. He was one of our most versatile middies. He was an offensive middie who you didn’t mind if he got caught on D. Really feel bad for the kid. Like all the guys he put in a lot of work. Wouldn’t shock me if he stayed around for another year.

As to this team, it hurts losing his production but other guys are going to have to pick up the slack. The mission remains the same.

Devastating news for Sprock, I feel he was on the cusp of a breakout season. we will need kids like the Kim's Peterson and Aimone to fill his role. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

Happened on Monday. I actually saw it on a live stream unfortunately.

He’s going to be missed. He was one of our most versatile middies. He was an offensive middie who you didn’t mind if he got caught on D. Really feel bad for the kid. Like all the guys he put in a lot of work. Wouldn’t shock me if he stayed around for another year.

As to this team, it hurts losing his production but other guys are going to have to pick up the slack. The mission remains the same.
In the scrimmage or just practice?

Agreed. Always a fine line. Personally I wouldn’t have done it but I see the flip side too. We didn’t scrimmage anyone in the fall by design. Monmouth was completely overmatched. They didn’t offer any resistance. With a new attack you want them to see some decent action. They haven’t seen another jersey. I get both sides. I wouldn’t have played it but I get why they did.

Great kid. Really sucks. If you know kids that have season ending injuries, it’s devastating for the kid. These guys put so much effort in and rehabs are hard, thankless and play games on your mind. I just spent the last nine months with a kid trying to battle back. It’s not easy and comes with many challenges.

David is an elite talent. Big, physical, skilled, fast...he’s gonna be missed but he will be back for this team and do big things

For now, Shane is gonna have more attention...gotta get even better...other guys gotta step up

We will need to be more aggressive in transition and early offense with the shorties/two-ways

It’s gonna be a team effort, needs to come from multiple guys. Time for a few guys that have been waiting to either step up or miss their opportunity. Now or never

This team has guys...as @Caliknight said...mission is the same

My heart breaks for David...but he will be back

Reactions: Caliknight
Why no fall scrimmage?

The team couldn't scrimmage last year because of Covid. One thing that they realized was the new guys were developing faster by scrimmaging each other, which they did every week. Scrimmage's against other guys usually involve playing less guys save maybe a 5th Q of clearing benches. Intrasquad scrimmages you obviously don't have that issue. And not to be arrogant but the program is developing to the point where our intrasquad scrimmages are more competitive than we we are going to see from some of our opponents. I have said it here before- the scrimmage I saw was incredibly competitive. I was shocked how hard they were going at it. And from what I was told, it was always that way.

But the flip side is you don't see another jersey and that has some benefits too. All would have been right had we scrimmaged Umass like always. Unfortunately you second guess it because of the injury but they can obviously happen any time. I can tell you the injury we are talking about was something that kid has probably done 10,000 times in his lifetime. Just a freak thing.

I feel bad for the team but worse for him and the fans. He is really fun to watch.

Last edited:
This is really tough as the kid has played in every game during his entire career and is easily our most experienced midfielder

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT