ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers to Host Bryant

OOC schedule now looking like USC, SHU, B1G/ACC challenge, Big East Gavitt, UMass, Bryant, room for 4 more, wonder who theyll be

Reactions: Scangg
A quad 4 game. Hopefully only one. I’d guess FDU is back on schedule so 3 games left.... MAAC IVY CUSA hopefully

Only a couple of other schools are out there that people are likely aware of....nothing earth shattering like Canada and South Carolina

Listen, no big deal. Pretty much even the bluebloods play 5-6 quad 4 opponents.

Look at the final 4 teams

UVA- 4-5 quad 4 games
Mich State- 5/6 quad 4 games
Texas Tech- 8 quad 4 games
Auburn- 5 quad 4 games.

Im totally okay if we play 6 quad 4 games
Oh I’m totally fine with some gimmes, just nothing to get excited about.

Providence picked up a commitment from graduate transfer Luwane Pipkins in March. Pipkins will be eligible to play next season and his potential impact was documented here last month.

With Pipkins in the fold next season, Providence will feature four seniors in its rotation (Pipkins, Alpha Diallo, Maliek White, Kalif Young), five if Emmitt Holt is granted a sixth year of eligibility and is healthy enough to contribute. This also assumes Diallo doesn’t jump ship after testing the NBA waters in May.

The paint will be anchored by junior big man Nate Watson, while the development of sophomores AJ Reeves and David Duke very well could determine this team’s outlook come March. Expectations for Reeves will be high, even outside of Providence. Both ESPN and the Athletic’s Sam Vecenie have written about Reeves as a potential 2nd round NBA pick in 2020.

Holt was granted that sixth year, so they'll be a very veteran team with those two high-ceiling sophomores.

http://friarbasketball.com/2019/04/24/ed-cooley-found-transfer-market/

Pipkins gives Prov the guard they were missing, they look like a tough out now

Subject Line had me thinking Kobe was paying the team a visit. I knew it couldn’t be Anita.

Season opens on Tuesday, November 5. Last year with us only playing 10 OOC games we didn't open until Friday, one of the last teams to do so. Let's assume we correct that for this season. Our Nov/Dec schedule will look something like this:

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Kcg88, that is an excellent overview calendar, i would take the 2 annual B1G games and plug those in after Thanksgiving week, one likely on a Tuesday/Wednesday after Thanksgiving and the other B1G game on Friday/Saturday the 29th/30th.

With the potential game at Providence and a game at Toronto with South Carolina in November AND the ACC/B1G in November, that's 5 higher leverage games before we approach the Seton Hall game in mid December.

Anyone complaining about lack of scheduling should be eerily quiet once you factor in how aggressively the B1G has been putting RU behind the 8-ball with the 2 November games.

A hypothetical November/December could look like the following

11-3 NJIT or FDU ???
11-6. UMass
11-10 Niagara
11-12 Bryant
11-16 (Toronto) South Carolina
11-21 @ Providence
11-26 @ Wisconsin
11-29/30 Ohio State
12-3 Clemson/Pitt
12-7 Boston University??
12-14 Seton Hall
12-21 TBD
12-28 TBD
Rest of 18 B1G games January through early March.

Reactions: kcg88 and dkostus
Thanksgiving is the latest it can possibly be this year (the 28th). ACC/B1G challenge always takes place the week after Thanksgiving so it'll be interesting to see how the Big Ten shoehorns in the two early-season conference games. Last year was the first year obviously and Thanksgiving was the 22nd so there was an extra week basically post-holiday to squeeze it in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT