ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers transfers from last year

mugrat86

All American
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2014
Just looked at Stats of all of our transfers from last year. It looks like Mathis was the only one where a change of scenery has helped him. Even his ft% is 66% lol. Based on his stats, I think Myles made a real bad decision to leave. Hopefully his graduate studies will enhance that decision.

Just looked at Stats of all of our transfers from last year. It looks like Mathis was the only one where a change of scenery has helped him. Even his ft% is 66% lol. Based on his stats, I think Myles made a real bad decision to leave. Hopefully his graduate studies will enhance that decision.
Myles went home and is in a great grad program. Basketball isn't the only thing going on in his life.

I celebrate all of our players that earned degrees while at Rutgers, as they are graduates just like you and I. Myles Johnson is a proud Rutgers alum and still cheers on his classmates (see his Twitter) and he continues to make great life choices with his personal goals in his higher education. Without Jacob Young we most likely would not have been dancing last year and he gave us some great moments as well, and also has a Rutgers degree as a fellow alumni.

Myles went home and is in a great grad program. Basketball isn't the only thing going on in his life.
I said that hopefully his graduate studies make his basketball decision look good

As for Mathis, he was averaging 14 ppg last year after about our first 10 or 12 games. Later he was not playing as well and his minutes were reduced. At. St. John's so far he has 111 points in his first 11 games for at 10.1 ppg average. He is starting but I don't see where his numbers are much different from what he had at RU. He had 3 years at RU and he moved on. I wish him well but it was his decision to leave. I have not checked his stats from their loss today.

As for Mathis, he was averaging 14 ppg last year after about our first 10 or 12 games. Later he was not playing as well and his minutes were reduced. At. St. John's so far he has 111 points in his first 11 games for at 10.1 ppg average. He is starting but I don't see where his numbers are much different from what he had at RU. He had 3 years at RU and he moved on. I wish him well but it was his decision to leave. I have not checked his stats from their loss today.
26 min
2/8 FG
4 pts
4 reb

He is the same exact players. Has great games and then disappers.

Reactions: jonS
I have enough trouble following RU. I love what they did for us, wish them every success, but they moved on. So should we.

Reactions: hoquat63
If they were here, we’d be included in discussion about the top teams. Hard to exclude them. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Not sure why anyone is thinking Miles is having problems. He's the first guy off the bench for the #5 team in the nation.

JY is starting and playing major minutes for Oregon. Sure, the Ducks are down this year, but they have every chance to be the Pac 12's #4 team and get a NCAA bid.

I still root for the guys who transfer out. As long as they don't diss the RU program (cough-Eugene-cough), I'll remain a fan. Each of these three players gave me some great memories.

Reactions: Dpgru and jonS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT