ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year

bluemountain1967

Sophomore
Feb 8, 2020
A poster said, 'Program is in Great shape heading into next season. Add a transfer or 2 and I think we are a Top 5/10 team. Jersey Mikes will be Buzzing all season in 2025 and can't wait till We have a Great NCAA Tournament across the Walt Whitman in Philadelphia!"

I don't know where the optimistic projection for next year is coming from. What is it based on? Scott pumps us up in September and October. Let's not move the timeline forward. If we get over optimistic now, we will really be disappointed next year.

Look at Flo's end of season ratings, the returning kids at all schools, the kids coming off grey and red shirts, and the top 1 and 2 high school freshmen entering college. Unless we get one or two high profile transfers and a true freshman surprises, we will finish around 20th again.

Flo projects us tied for 21st. They don't include kids coming off red and grey shirts and the new freshman. Some kids entering the mat next year include Ruiz who only lost to the national finalist in OT, McEnelly, a world bronze medalist with a 181 and 1 high school record, Gabe Arnold whose only loss this year was to the NCAA finalist, Trumble, the 2023 U23 world champion, and Alirez, the returning 2023 national champ. New freshmen include # 1 Lilledahl at 125. who has beaten nationally ranked college kids, Davino the # 1 kid at 133 whose beaten Davis of Penn State and ended his career with a 136-match winning streak, our friend Anthony Ferrari and Joe Sealey at 165, and other top ranked kids. We know Harer is very good and the #2 ranked at 157lb senior. He could start or spend the year as a redshirt. Is it realistic that he will become an All American as a true freshman?

I don't see us being a top 5/10 team as one poster thinks. We only made the top 10 once when Nick and Anthony won titles. This year the # 10 team scored 58 points. We scored 22.5 points. How does anyone believe we can increase our point total by over 152%? Look at the facts and help me understand. I want to learn what I am missing.

Last edited:
There's a lot of good teams out there. Still need to figure out 157-74 and see what's happening with 84 & 97. Hopefully Turley comes back. If Turley comes back then I would actually prefer to redshirt the incoming group aside from Barbosa.

We’re probably not a top 5-10 team unless the transfers are high quality, but FYI its ok to let the optimistic people be optimistic. Not every positive thought needs to be put down.
He's not putting it down... He's disagreeing with it in a constructive manner... I think he brought up.several valid points that are worth discussion...

Reactions: elvis7
Top 10 this year was 56 points
We had 20 Points in the NCAA's
That is a HUGE jump for one year.

Hey, this is the time for optimism so be you :)

I'd guess we'll be right around 20 at nationals as usual unless we add some high impact transfers. We're nowhere near 5-10 the way our roster is currently constructed.

I'm optimistic that we can and will win more B10 matches. The tournaments are important, but I'd like to see them win when more when I'm at the matches.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
Top 10 is a big jump but top 15 is very achievable, The team returns 3 former AAs for sure. Possibly 4. Other guys are close to that level but had health issues and/or couldn't make mental adjustments but could definitely compete for placement. I don't think the optimism is misplaced and I'd be surprised if Rutgers didn't improve placement relative to the teams in the 10-20 range.

A poster said, 'Program is in Great shape heading into next season. Add a transfer or 2 and I think we are a Top 5/10 team. Jersey Mikes will be Buzzing all season in 2025 and can't wait till We have a Great NCAA Tournament across the Walt Whitman in Philadelphia!"

I don't know where the optimistic projection for next year is coming from. What is it based on? Scott pumps us up in September and October. Let's not move the timeline forward. If we get over optimistic now, we will really be disappointed next year.

Look at Flo's end of season ratings, the returning kids at all schools, the kids coming off grey and red shirts, and the top 1 and 2 high school freshmen entering college. Unless we get one or two high profile transfers and a true freshman surprises, we will finish around 20th again.

Flo projects us tied for 21st. They don't include kids coming off red and grey shirts and the new freshman. Some kids entering the mat next year include Ruiz who only lost to the national finalist in OT, McEnelly, a world bronze medalist with a 181 and 1 high school record, Gabe Arnold whose only loss this year was to the NCAA finalist, Trumble, the 2023 U23 world champion, and Alirez, the returning 2023 national champ. New freshmen include # 1 Lilledahl at 125. who has beaten nationally ranked college kids, Davino the # 1 kid at 133 whose beaten Davis of Penn State and ended his career with a 136-match winning streak, our friend Anthony Ferrari and Joe Sealey at 165, and other top ranked kids. We know Harer is very good and the #2 ranked at 157lb senior. He could start or spend the year as a redshirt. Is it realistic that he will become an All American as a true freshman?

I don't see us being a top 5/10 team as one poster thinks. We only made the top 10 once when Nick and Anthony won titles. This year the # 10 team scored 58 points. We scored 22.5 points. How does anyone believe we can increase our point total by over 152%? Look at the facts and help me understand. I want to learn what I am missing.
Glad I could get you started...We'll see how it plays out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT