ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers up 16 in USA Poll

This is BS. We came up 16 places but still at 108. That means we were 124 of 128 before. That' s just asinine. So we were 2- 10 last year but in the best conf. in the country.

This
BS Polls

This early in the season the polls mean nothing but pre-conceived notions.

This low in the rankings there's really no value. Anything under 40 doesn't really mean anything.

Not sure why anyone gets miffed at these polls. Every year, they get so much wrong - top 10 teams that finish out of the top 25, poorly ranked teams that finish high, etc. It's a big joke that helps grow interest and bring in ad dollars.

Sounds like the braintrust heard one too many lame ESPN RU jokes and under ranked us, but were we really supposed to skyrocket by losing to an over ranked UW team by two scores?

They and most people don't know anything about us besides 78-0. Even beating Eastern Michigan handily won't raise our rankings much. We need a big win. Nebraska would be an eye opener for the media.

Reactions: BrycesUncle
This is BS. We came up 16 places but still at 108. That means we were 124 of 128 before. That' s just asinine. So we were 2- 10 last year but in the best conf. in the country.

I don't see it as something to be bummed about. Rutgers picked up tons of respect after the Washington game. None of this is fair, but it's a huge move in the right direction and well-deserved...

[thumb2]
They and most people don't know anything about us besides 78-0. Even beating Eastern Michigan handily won't raise our rankings much. We need a big win. Nebraska would be an eye opener for the media.

We will beat Nebraska.....take it to the Bank.
Make your travel plans NOW !!!!

Well we didn't score in half if the league games and consistently gave up 45+ to opponents. We didn't play like a B1G team last year.

We stink until proven otherwise. Haven't beaten a power 5 team since 2015 Lol yet people are complaining about our ranking???!!! JUST WIN.

Reactions: Rufaninga
Behind Tulane and Bowling Green. List is comical, even with our well-earned reputation last year.

Didn't even know Coastal Carolina was FBS, this dude has them 20 spots ahead of us, but if our team played them in their stadium tomorrow we would win by 40

This
BS Polls

The last team we beat was New Mexico a year ago. We haven't beat a P5 team in 2 years. We had games where we threw for under 50 yards last year. I know this year is different and it should be better but we deserve no respect. We played well and moved up in rankings. But losing by 16 points even to a good team isn't the best thing in the world.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
JustWinBaby_Triumph-Books_BP.jpg

Do that and all our problems will be solved.

I would have ranked Rutgers #128 after last year.

The football team hasn't won a game in like a full year, if they have a good season (which hasn't happened yet), then they'll move up accordingly. Don't see any slight. If we're 9-3 and ranked 100, then you can be angry.

Last edited:
Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
Always found it hard to criticize Bruce's social views as he sees the world and is completely aligned with the views of Pope's John Paul II, Benedict and now Francis...and many other similar religious, spiritual and philosophical thinkers and leaders.

Always struck me as a better side to be on than over there with Rush, Trump, Hannity and the rest of that sad little, angry crew.

We're all going to meet our maker someday. I think Bruce will be just fine.

A dominant performance this weekend and we will move a few more spots. I'm really looking forward to the Nebraska game.

And we care because ... ?????

I don't know how many times it has to be said, but until you do something THIS year -- and losing to a good team at home isn't much of something except compared to last year -- all they have to go on is 2-10 and 224-0.

The only numbers I care about our our record and our statistics. And depending on the former I won't even care that much about the latter.

Rutgers is on a 10 game losing streak and we have people here bitching about not getting respect...lmfao
What does that have to do with this year? We have many new faces on the OL and basically an entire new starting offense. Having us rated behind eastern Michigan is crap.

JustWinBaby_Triumph-Books_BP.jpg

Do that and all our problems will be solved.

Yup, that's really the only answer. Funny, Maryland is getting some props for that win, but there are just as many non-props being uttered out there, stuff along the lines of "Texas lost to that dog-crap B1G bottom feeder!"

No use trying to manage an/or get comfortable with public perception. Just win, baby...

There is a uphill battle but this team is up for it. Being the underdog is exciting. Teams will over look us but that's their mistake.

Not sure why anyone even cares at this point. The team I saw on Friday night would have beaten half the teams on this list so WTFC's just saying

BTW- rewatched the first half, the way our team played in that half against a team like Washington was the best I have seen in years.If we had been playing a team with only a half step less speed, we would have been way up in that first half. We had a few nice plays that would have been big plays if it werent for Washington's closing speed.

We could be looking at this type of year...

2003 Rutgers Scarlet Knights – 10-1-1 (90.9%)
Greg Shiano’s stock was in the red and expectations were low for the 2003 Rutgers Scarlet Knights. They would play as underdogs in 11 of their 12 games and finish the year with a 5-7 record straight up. The Scarlet Knights were underdogs of 10 or more points five times. Their only ATS loss came against rival Boston College in a 25-35 game. Rutgers was listed as a 7.5 point underdog and they had a five point lead early in the fourth quarter. That late collapse is the only thing from them being the only team in NCAA football history to not lose a contest against the spread.

We could be looking at this type of year...

2003 Rutgers Scarlet Knights – 10-1-1 (90.9%)
Greg Shiano’s stock was in the red and expectations were low for the 2003 Rutgers Scarlet Knights. They would play as underdogs in 11 of their 12 games and finish the year with a 5-7 record straight up. The Scarlet Knights were underdogs of 10 or more points five times. Their only ATS loss came against rival Boston College in a 25-35 game. Rutgers was listed as a 7.5 point underdog and they had a five point lead early in the fourth quarter. That late collapse is the only thing from them being the only team in NCAA football history to not lose a contest against the spread.

Thanks Carton.

Reactions: angmo and TODDB33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT