ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Volleyball Wraps Up Season at Michigan State & Michigan

Good news is RU won 2 matches this year (after winning none last year), The bad news is they finished last.

We have a coach. Adding B1G quality athletes is always the challenge. I'm hoping adding USC/UCLA will give us some exposure in that area, where Rutgers has a good academic reputation. $$$$

Reactions: bigmatt718
We have a coach. Adding B1G quality athletes is always the challenge. I'm hoping adding USC/UCLA will give us some exposure in that area, where Rutgers has a good academic reputation. $$$$
I think it will. RU will strongly benefit in sports like volleyball, tennis, golf, baseball, and softball once USC/UCLA enter the B1G which will allow the school to recruit out in Cali.

Reactions: dollarbill
I think it will. RU will strongly benefit in sports like volleyball, tennis, golf, baseball, and softball once USC/UCLA enter the B1G which will allow the school to recruit out in Cali.
Volleyball recruits out west tend to stay out west. They need to hit Illinois, Texas, Nebraska, Kentucky, and Tennessee areas hard. That’s where the Big 10 is getting their talent from. From the Rocky Mountains East has better VB talent now than what California does.

The state of Nebraska actually produces more D-1 players per capita than any other state. They usually have as many as 20 girls sign with schools and a lot of them with Big 10 schools. Midwest and Southern, Southeastern players seem more willing to go away to school than West coast players do now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT