ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers vs Fairfield Exhibition Game Thread

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
“Rutgers basketball just announced it will host an exhibition game against Fairfield at Jersey Mike's Arena at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 30. All net proceeds from the game will go to support Team LeGrand of the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. Founded by Rutgers football legend Eric LeGrand, the mission of Team LeGrand is "to help individuals living with spinal cord injury and their families by supporting quality of life initiatives and emerging therapies."

Tickets will go on sale to the public on Thursday, Sept. 22 on a 1st-come, 1st-serve basis. Courtside seats will cost $52, 100 level seating will be $20, GA will be $5.”

I'm a season ticket holder. I signed into my account and the exhibition game was available. I think maybe they aren't available to the public until Sept 22.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I'm a season ticketholder but when I try to buy by clicking the "Exhibition Game" button I get the "no events available" message.

What steps did you follow that allowed you to purchase now?

Logged into my account, at scarletknights.com I chose Sports, Mens Basketball. Saw list of ticket options listed where "Exhibition Game" was one of them, clicked that. Then it showed "Fairfield" and the "Find Tickets" button, which brought up the RAC seating chart where you could pick out your seats to buy.

Sorry it's not working for you yet. There were lots of seats available so if you can't get to it online you might want to call the ticket office tomorrow morning.

Got an email this morning that contained a link. Was able to select my exact seats courtside and purchase with no problems at all. Happy to watch RU hoops with a great cause supported in the process, as well as catch up with our friends on the Fairfield side of things !

I signed into my season ticket account and tried the link, but it said no events under the exhibition game.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Use the link in the email. They are only available to season ticket holders until 9/22. I paid 20/ticket to sit in row A.

I tried that,still nothing. It says "the form is currently closed". I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Scarlet Knights app. I guess I'll call my ticket rep Monday

Last edited:
Does anyone know if people will still have to show proof of vaccination for this game. I have no problem with this but I know some still might not be able to attend. Will tickets be sold in person on 9/22 if I go to the ticket office ?I am a season ticket holder for well over 30 years but I like to get the hard copy tickets in person. Any help is appreciated.

Got an email this morning that contained a link. Was able to select my exact seats courtside and purchase with no problems at all. Happy to watch RU hoops with a great cause supported in the process, as well as catch up with our friends on the Fairfield side of things!
That’s what I said on the Round Table…figured because of the connection that’s why Fairfield was picked.

Don't even know who my rep is. No one ever answers when you call the main number

Don't even know who my rep is. No one ever answers when you call the main number
Did you have opportunity to leave a message? I got a recording when I called but left my number and got a call back an hour or so later from ticket rep.

Thanks will try again. Why not just let us do it online though

Does anyone know if people will still have to show proof of vaccination for this game. I have no problem with this but I know some still might not be able to attend. Will tickets be sold in person on 9/22 if I go to the ticket office ?I am a season ticket holder for well over 30 years but I like to get the hard copy tickets in person. Any help is appreciated.
My ticket rep said it’s very likely the policy for vaccines and testing could change before this game. For now it’s still vaccine or negative pcr

That's awesome news. I wasn't expecting this game to be televised
Me neither but I remembered some exhibitions last year were on there so I checked on a lark. They have a bunch this year but Rutgers is the only D1 vs. D1

Oct 23 Nebraska vs. Chadron State
Oct 28 Quincy vs. Illinois
Oct 29 Marian vs. Indiana
Oct 30 Wisconsin vs. UW-Eau Claire
Oct 30 Rutgers vs. Fairfield
Oct 31 Iowa vs. Truman State
Nov 1 Ohio State vs. Chaminade
Nov 1 Michigan State vs. Grand Valley State
Nov 2 Purdue vs. Truman State
Nov 2 Minnesota vs. St. Olaf College
Nov 2 Northwestern vs. Quincy
Nov 3 Indiana vs. St. Francis (IN)