ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Maryland / Game Thread

And hey, you never know, it may have been a no-call because Ash exploded on them earlier for that awful missed call.
Deservedly so--refs blew many MD holding calls, the targeting on Washington's drop, borderline late hit on a Gio run and of course that brutal offsides against us.

We did not have a penalty called on us since the no call, the whole game changed on not calling that the tight end moved

Well Ash has taken down two of the board favorites who some were so envious of in Brohm and now Durkin.

This doesn't mean he's head and shoulders above them and they aren't solid coaches but it means don't be so envious of other guys so early in their tenures.

But is Ash better than our last HC? If so, then we're improving and that's all that matters.

DVR'd this game except when I went to watch it was just the directv hologram floating around the screen, was able to watch the 4th qtr live. Anyone know what that was?

Once Ash said “F**K THAT!!!” To the refs, they started behaving.

Would have been stunned to see a PI on that fourth down pass. The receiver pushed off to get open; the jersey-grabbing didn't seem to have any effect. Great win for Rutgers. Am so glad this game was played here rather than at Yankee Stadium; I don't know how big the crowd was, but it sure seemed loud. And I think that *terrible* offside call fired up the team.

But is Ash better than our last HC? If so, then we're improving and that's all that matters.
Yes improvement is what matters for now. My point was that there was no need to be envious of other guys like Fleck, Brohm, Durkin 2 of which I think were solid choices for their schools when they haven't done anything yet. Same for Ash. It's too early.

My comparison isn't Flood or even these others guys. It's more about getting to our potential which to me is first a winning team and then a ranked team. That's what I judge, right now none of them have done anything whether there's improvement or not. We seem to be moving in the right directions so that's good and I leave it at that.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Great win and we won 3 of our last 4 games. Lets get to the middle of the conference, get some more good recruits and see what happens. if Northwestern can do it so can we.

Reactions: RUsince52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT