ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers watching Trey Patterson

Of course would need to take him if he wanted to come to RU, however, I have not been impressed, at all, after watching him multiple times his first 2 years of HS.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Of course would need to take him if he wanted to come to RU, however, I have not been impressed, at all, after watching him multiple times his first 2 years of HS.

I agree. His hype has far exceeded his production. Needs a lot of polish these next two years.

Reactions: Vegas pj
"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

Kid is getting stronger, body maturing and his skills are improving. Patterson has a HIGH upside.

Oh, I’m not questioning his physical attributes, at all. It’s the intensity, effort, and mental aspects I’m not sold on. Like I said, if he wants to come, you have to take him. But to date, haven’t been impressed. I could be totally wrong (-: .

Oh, I’m not questioning his physical attributes, at all. It’s the intensity, effort, and mental aspects I’m not sold on. Like I said, if he wants to come, you have to take him. But to date, haven’t been impressed. I could be totally wrong (-: .
As strange as this may sound some kids don't realize how good they are right away. They might think they're good but don't really believe it and that often leads to poor motor/effort and questionable decision making. While at the same time they give you glimpses of what they can be.

I had this conversation just last night with a travel team coach after watching one of his players at a work out at his high school team. This particular kid is in the class of 2022 and I told the travel team codes set the kid was playing with a level of confidence I never seen before. I think he has realized that he is really good at basketball.

Patterson's upside is high though.

Yeah ... 5-star juniors aren’t very good ... such an easy ranking.

Every single year there are 5-stars who don't meet the hype. IMO Patterson fits this mold. That can change in the next two years before he gets to college, we'll see.

Gee maybe it would've been a good idea to hire the assistant ASU did who's close with multiple NJ prospects.

Russ, I know all kids are different, but between what high school years do you think most kids have the most improvement? Is it freshman to sophomore, sophomore to junior, or junior to senior?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT