ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-Wisconsin game

Laney cant make anything...finally Scaife with a bucket after like 6 tries...love the hustle and stick to-itiveness of RU there

Copper going to line, RU up 9...Copper hits 1000 for career...congrats to her....makes 2nd and RU up 11...come on pour it on now...beat these badgers senseless....60-49....8:05...Laney steals and bucket and RU goes up 62-49....timeout

Don't know anything about Hernandez. Shooting guard? Freshman? Where from? Height? Thanks.

Originally posted by bac2therac:

Laney cant make anything...finally Scaife with a bucket after like 6 tries...love the hustle and stick to-itiveness of RU there

Sign of a great player: not Laney's best game, but she still notched a double-double.

Congrats to Kahleah on reaching 1000 points!

Originally posted by RUONTHERISE:
Don't know anything about Hernandez. Shooting guard? Freshman? Where from? Height? Thanks.
JUCO 3 point sharp shooter

got the big lead now need to close this out.....damn blew that transition now Wisky going to line, they make both and cut lead to 10 63-53 with a bit over 5 to go after leading by 14.

Scaife just 5-17....combine that with the last game and those are some brutal numbers....she will just have to shoot herself out of this slump

Too many turnovers and bad fouls again. This team needs to practice ball control they just cant seem to hang on to the ball and they make too many mistakes.

They certainly make most games interesting, if they can learn to limit mistakes and keep their head up they may actually beat teams like Iowa, Tennessee and Maryland. They definitely have the talent but too many mistakes and when they get down the steam goes out of them.

I know they use the home team's radio announcers on BTNplus but this guy is the biggest homer and crybaby we've heard yet.

Hollivay going to line.....65-57 2:14 left, please make these.....and she makes one of 2...RU up 9...make a stop here and get out with a win

Originally posted by knight82:
I know they use the home team's radio announcers on BTNplus but this guy is the biggest homer and crybaby we've heard yet.
I was able to sync the WCTC broadcast with the BTN feed. It's been great. Danny doing his usual great job.

Refs keeping it too interesting...couple of ticky-tack calls, but we're coming out with the W!!!

and this one is over

RUTGERS 73 Wisconsin 63

not pretty but its win and to get that with Scaife struggling yet again, can't argue with that. The emergence of Hernandez is huge. CVS can trust her in these games. Just like she did vs Indy, she basically clinched the game for RU

All those 3s made me absolutely giddy. Just keep that going for another game and maybe it will be contagious.

I was out for the game (happening to me a lot lately), so I'm a bit late to the party. I'll take a double digit win on the road any time, and Cynthia really stepped up in a big way.

Watched entire game on BTNPlus and video feed was excellent but I should have done what 67 did and sync in the CTC broadcast for audio from Danny. Will do next time. The announcer was too much of a homer for me especially when he was trying to jinx Kahleah at the foul line when he said RU was shooting 9-9.

Cynthia Hernandez was simply awesome and kept the momentum on our side! This is why you go get a 3-point shooter and how you use her....play her, play her, play her!!! She keeps this up and eventually opponents will back off their zones or collapse less and this will open things up where our athleticism can become a real asset. But congrats to her teammates for some quick passing to get her open! Good job!

Not a great shooting day at only 38% but single digit turnovers, with double digit assists and steals. Still need to cut down on non-shooting fouls where Wisconsin probably put up about 8 points of their 16 FTs. Hope Tyler can snap out of the shooting slump, bet she will! Sure is nice to have Bri Canty back, makes all the difference in the world. Rachel off to a slow start but finished strong with 11 pts on 5-6 shooting. Congrats to Naj for yet another double double...and...CONGRATULATIONS to Kahleah for 1,000 points!

Hopefully this good road win propels us to a strong game against a pretty good Minnesota team coming to the RAC next Sunday! Go RU !!!

This post was edited on 1/18 5:39 PM by manfrer

Originally posted by bac2therac:

and this one is over

RUTGERS 73 Wisconsin 63

not pretty but its win and to get that with Scaife struggling yet again, can't argue with that. The emergence of Hernandez is huge. CVS can trust her in these games. Just like she did vs Indy, she basically clinched the game for RU
I have been rooting for Hernandez and hope she gets more PT. I have noticed she is becoming more comfortable in the offense and not as much a liability on the defense.

If you watch Cynthia plays very hard on defense. Earlier in the year, she seemed a bit lost on D, but never stopped hustling.

Originally posted by knight82:
If you watch Cynthia plays very hard on defense. Earlier in the year, she seemed a bit lost on D, but never stopped hustling.
That's why shes cracking the lineup now. As good as she can shoot, we just cant have a liability out there on d. THat's why I am against the mantra "recruit 3 point shooters" we need to recruit basketball players and scorers who can hit the three

I doesn't help a defensive-minded team like Rutgers to have someone out there putting up threes but then gives up an easy three on the other end. I try to focus on what Cynthia is doing on the defensive side of the ball and I like what I see. I also noticed that many of the open threes that we surrender is because Tyler doesn't get to the open shooter quickly enough; in fact, late in the Maryland game the announcer commented on one particular play and it was obvious. Maybe this is on her mind or point of focus and the reason behind her shooting slump.

For the reasons of defense as well as ball-handling I would like to see some more starters try more threes: Canty, Tyler, Betnijah (also Essie surprises us with one every game.)

As I watched yesterday's game I was thinking that Coach read some of our posts this week
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Finally, I wonder how many more fans would have attended yesterday's game if The Packers weren't playing at 3:00??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT