ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women’s Soccer Lands Sophomore Transfer Patricia Tsokos

It’s not a solid pick up our recruiting has been awful for the past 3 years and it’s been showing the last 2 years and their play on the field only going to get worse
Why do you say that? Arkansas been pretty good program the last few years. Played in some games so seems like somewhat part of the rotation.

• Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Always keeping things positive.
It’s hard to keep things positive when you’re recruiting the last three years in the big has been basically ranked last and the team has been barely a 500 team the past year and a half with nothing looking positive to me and others but if there’s something positive you see about the upcoming year please share as no one roots as hard for these women to succeed as me and many others on the board

It’s hard to keep things positive when you’re recruiting the last three years in the big has been basically ranked last and the team has been barely a 500 team the past year and a half with nothing looking positive to me and others but if there’s something positive you see about the upcoming year please share as no one roots as hard for these women to succeed as me and many others on the board
Is the problem lazy recruiting or program no longer having juice? Are we in the early stages of CVSism?

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
Is the problem lazy recruiting or program no longer having juice? Are we in the early stages of CVSism?
From what it seems in some of the other threads is lazy recruiting and then it now becomes the chicken or the egg as the program is definitely losing some juice and people will be quick to see we were only in the college cup a few years ago and we made the NCAA’s the last couple of years so what is wrong but when you have the worst recruiting years 3 straight years in the big that’s a major problem and is coach and staff doing the job I think not. When you don’t get 1 girl in the top 100 that’s a big problem and the record the last year and a half has been under 500 and we are a team that didn’t even average 1 goal a game
Then yes there’s a big problem as in any sport doesn’t matter how you coach you win with talent
Look at men’s basketball now Pikell has a great class coming in of course but he really whiffed coming into this year and the men are not that good at this point
As I side previously I root for every Rutgers team to do well and I mean every team and when you see the soccer talent just in Jersey alone there’s no reason to not be a top soccer program every year but just watch the downward trend continue next year unfortunately

• Angry
From what it seems in some of the other threads is lazy recruiting and then it now becomes the chicken or the egg as the program is definitely losing some juice and people will be quick to see we were only in the college cup a few years ago and we made the NCAA’s the last couple of years so what is wrong but when you have the worst recruiting years 3 straight years in the big that’s a major problem and is coach and staff doing the job I think not. When you don’t get 1 girl in the top 100 that’s a big problem and the record the last year and a half has been under 500 and we are a team that didn’t even average 1 goal a game
Then yes there’s a big problem as in any sport doesn’t matter how you coach you win with talent
Look at men’s basketball now Pikell has a great class coming in of course but he really whiffed coming into this year and the men are not that good at this point
As I side previously I root for every Rutgers team to do well and I mean every team and when you see the soccer talent just in Jersey alone there’s no reason to not be a top soccer program every year but just watch the downward trend continue next year unfortunately
“When you don’t get 1 girl in the top 100 that’s a big problem“. Three classes in a row without a HS recruir in the Top 100!!! That follows two classes of 20 & 21 with a half dozen such kids and more from 100-200. All those kids will be gone in 2025. Could be an 0-10 B10 situation.

The transfer portal strike outs in ’22,‘23&’24: Nia Vialva, Jessica Schildkraut, Emily Smith, Hailey Gutkowski, Niahmh Cashin, Gia Vicari, Patricia Tsokos??????????????????????????????????????
Who are these women? Most are all done. Vialva may still have a season at Grambling State?
Oh my Lordy.

• Haha
You are so full of it....

Pikiell whiffed? Haven't been relevant in MBB in years. Not sure how getting to post season tournaments is whiffing.

Much like Women's Soccer making the tournament. You may not be thrilled with some of the results but injuries and disappointing seasons can happen.

You probably believe the final four womens appearance was a major failure.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
You are so full of it....

Pikiell whiffed? Haven't been relevant in MBB in years. Not sure how getting to post season tournaments is whiffing.

Much like Women's Soccer making the tournament. You may not be thrilled with some of the results but injuries and disappointing seasons can happen.

You probably believe the final four womens appearance was a major failure.
You’re delusional did you not read the above post we have not gotten a top 100 girl in 3 years how do you expect to be competitive against top program if you don’t have the players you can’t
And no I have not forgotten the final 4 it was a great season and a great team but the drop off has been significant and will only continue

You’re delusional did you not read the above post we have not gotten a top 100 girl in 3 years how do you expect to be competitive against top program if you don’t have the players you can’t
And no I have not forgotten the final 4 it was a great season and a great team but the drop off has been significant and will only continue
Love how you guys now bring up a Pikiell comparison for whiffing and ignore my response to focus on your disdain for MON.

If I am delusional you are psychotic thinking that that getting invites to postseason tournaments are a sign of failure.

Player rankings do not equate to failure? In addition, when were you a D1 Head Coach and scout?

Teams sometimes are more about talented pieces working together. Rutgers players are still D1 caliber players. Unfortunately, last years team was talented but appeared to have a lot of internal problems mixed with injuries.

By season end some of the younger players were scoring and contributing.

I can tell you my teams were successful when we had synergy. When that is broken and players and parents only worry about themselves the team can struggle.

You downplay the ability of a transfer from Arkansas and blame MON for taking a player with no talent from a good soccer program. I read her Bio and she sounds like a great player and wonderful student athlete. Can we please watch her and the team play a game at RU in 2024 before we jump to conclusions.

I hope I am wrong, but you sound like a parent whose kid now hates the sport because nothing was ever good enough and you probably changed clubs 6 times because you knew everything about soccer development.

I assume you also sat by yourself at games because you complained about every player like you do on this blog even though they are trying their best.

I give you some credit for admitting you you give adulations to the RU parents at the games but are you really going to tell the parent how you really feel. LOL!!

I say a lot of this in Jest as we are all rooting for RU but your posts are extremely frustrating since we still made the tournament in 2023. You further make judgements on a coach who has been rather successful getting to the postseason and has a BIG title.

Have A Happy New Year.

Go RU!!

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
It’s not a solid pick up our recruiting has been awful for the past 3 years and it’s been showing the last 2 years and their play on the field only going to get worse
Not to nitpick but I said solid. Her resume seems pretty strong and it is a position of need. If I had said spectacular or great or something like that I hear you. But I view her as someone who will make the position group more competitive. I certainly don't see where she is a bad pickup as you are suggesting. And you know from my posting history that I am no MO apologist.... I am hardly suggesting that everything is fine on the recruiting front

Love how you guys now bring up a Pikiell comparison for whiffing and ignore my response to focus on your disdain for MON.

If I am delusional you are psychotic thinking that that getting invites to postseason tournaments are a sign of failure.

Player rankings do not equate to failure? In addition, when were you a D1 Head Coach and scout?

Teams sometimes are more about talented pieces working together. Rutgers players are still D1 caliber players. Unfortunately, last years team was talented but appeared to have a lot of internal problems mixed with injuries.

By season end some of the younger players were scoring and contributing.

I can tell you my teams were successful when we had synergy. When that is broken and players and parents only worry about themselves the team can struggle.

You downplay the ability of a transfer from Arkansas and blame MON for taking a player with no talent from a good soccer program. I read her Bio and she sounds like a great player and wonderful student athlete. Can we please watch her and the team play a game at RU in 2024 before we jump to conclusions.

I hope I am wrong, but you sound like a parent whose kid now hates the sport because nothing was ever good enough and you probably changed clubs 6 times because you knew everything about soccer development.

I assume you also sat by yourself at games because you complained about every player like you do on this blog even though they are trying their best.

I give you some credit for admitting you you give adulations to the RU parents at the games but are you really going to tell the parent how you really feel. LOL!!

I say a lot of this in Jest as we are all rooting for RU but your posts are extremely frustrating since we still made the tournament in 2023. You further make judgements on a coach who has been rather successful getting to the postseason and has a BIG title.

Have A Happy New Year.

Go RU!!
No one has rooted as hard and as long for all Rutgers sports and especially the womens soccer program as that was started when I was at Rutgers maybe RU Dad is with me there too but I am a 50 year fan of Rutgers and have rooted for every sport and even played a sport back in the day when our athletic department was a joke!!
Now I know we all want these teams to do well and I know various coaches past and present so I know some of the inner workings of the athletic department.
I do have a daughter who was a top high school athlete who excelled in soccer and lacrosse but chose to play lacrosse in college and no she didn't play on club teams but did play on club teams in 2 sports.
I agree with you 100% in that a coach can certainly take players and combined make them better but without any semblance of top talent that is just going to make for a mediocre team.
I know we made the college cup in 21 and boy we even outplayed FSU in that semifinal game and with a lucky bounce here or there we could have made the final but as was said above when you follow that year and the next two years with not even recruiting one top 100 player you cannot build off of that year or sustain success and that is what is happening here; a perfect example is Riley Tiernen her freshman year she had Amirah up front with her and was a scoring machine. Now with no one to help she scored 3 goals this year thats a huge dropoff because we have no talent up front
Before I get side tracked lets look at the last year and half since we started 9-0 last year. We are 13-12-6 in the last 31 games including as you pointed out 2 NCAA appearances which both resulted in first round losses to Ivy league teams so if you don't see a pattern than not sure what you are watching; In those 31 games if you take the 7 goal game against FDU we are barely averaging 1 goal a game and that is not going to get it done and we have lost way more than we gained going into next season so the writing is on the wall. NO coach can win without talent and that is in all sports
You mentioned we had injuries well every team has injuries and as you could see we had zero depth we lost Emma in the back and were forced to play a freshman forward in the back and I think she played very admirably.
These posts are not meant to disparage any girls as there is nothing better than a student athlete and what they have to go through and the time and effort they put in but this more on the coach and his staff and the reality of what is happening now to this program, look we saw the same thing with the mens program with Reasso and how he took that from almost a national championship quality program and ran that into the ground we just saw it with CVS and the women's bball program; these are all programs were top notch national championship contenders but there is a time when a coaches time is up as the programs are headed in thewrong direction and a change is needed

Look I hope myself and some others on the board are dead wrong next year but right now I just don't see it

Happy and healthy new year to you and all on the board!!

No one has rooted as hard and as long for all Rutgers sports and especially the womens soccer program as that was started when I was at Rutgers maybe RU Dad is with me there too but I am a 50 year fan of Rutgers and have rooted for every sport and even played a sport back in the day when our athletic department was a joke!!
Now I know we all want these teams to do well and I know various coaches past and present so I know some of the inner workings of the athletic department.
I do have a daughter who was a top high school athlete who excelled in soccer and lacrosse but chose to play lacrosse in college and no she didn't play on club teams but did play on club teams in 2 sports.
I agree with you 100% in that a coach can certainly take players and combined make them better but without any semblance of top talent that is just going to make for a mediocre team.
I know we made the college cup in 21 and boy we even outplayed FSU in that semifinal game and with a lucky bounce here or there we could have made the final but as was said above when you follow that year and the next two years with not even recruiting one top 100 player you cannot build off of that year or sustain success and that is what is happening here; a perfect example is Riley Tiernen her freshman year she had Amirah up front with her and was a scoring machine. Now with no one to help she scored 3 goals this year thats a huge dropoff because we have no talent up front
Before I get side tracked lets look at the last year and half since we started 9-0 last year. We are 13-12-6 in the last 31 games including as you pointed out 2 NCAA appearances which both resulted in first round losses to Ivy league teams so if you don't see a pattern than not sure what you are watching; In those 31 games if you take the 7 goal game against FDU we are barely averaging 1 goal a game and that is not going to get it done and we have lost way more than we gained going into next season so the writing is on the wall. NO coach can win without talent and that is in all sports
You mentioned we had injuries well every team has injuries and as you could see we had zero depth we lost Emma in the back and were forced to play a freshman forward in the back and I think she played very admirably.
These posts are not meant to disparage any girls as there is nothing better than a student athlete and what they have to go through and the time and effort they put in but this more on the coach and his staff and the reality of what is happening now to this program, look we saw the same thing with the mens program with Reasso and how he took that from almost a national championship quality program and ran that into the ground we just saw it with CVS and the women's bball program; these are all programs were top notch national championship contenders but there is a time when a coaches time is up as the programs are headed in thewrong direction and a change is needed

Look I hope myself and some others on the board are dead wrong next year but right now I just don't see it

Happy and healthy new year to you and all on the board!!
Happy New Year as well.

Go RU!!

Reactions: richthedentist
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT