ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers women's basketball falls to Texas Tech in wild 79-72 game

This team and program is not in a good spot and not sure if this is the coach to get it done there are not any more positive signs than when she took over

• Haha
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
I didn’t get to watch the game but it sounds like they played tough. Wow, three players fouled out, and two others with 4 fouls? I still have lots of hope for this team. I hope Mya is OK and can play again soon.

Reactions: RUPitt
Better than a 20+ loss to Fairfield at home. Sounds like the team played hard against a P5 school. Hopefully they improve.

Reactions: RUcrazee
This team and program is not in a good spot and not sure if this is the coach to get it done there are not any more positive signs than when she took over
Really? I don't know if she is the right coach or not but she did a great job last year in just being competitive. Going into the season I would not have been surprised if we were 0 for the year. Need to give her more than 1 season (with no players) and a couple games.

There are far too many turnovers for Rutgers to win games.I don't know if its a recruiting problem or coaching but the status quo will result in losses on the score board.

The refs took over the game and stopped any momentum.
Yea, you know when Coquese complains to the refs, the refs are probably overstepping, ....at least a little bit.

Sounded like it was their game to win but our youth and lack of a closer turned a win into a game that got away. I see good things in place for this team. We just need the addition of that elite superstar that can win us games like these.

Kiyomi and Mikayla fit the bill. Come on over ladies!......and bring a 6'5" post that you like playing with.

There are far too many turnovers for Rutgers to win games.I don't know if its a recruiting problem or coaching but the status quo will result in losses on the score board.
I agree, at some point the turnovers have to come down to an acceptable number. I think the problem is, that likely won't happen until we get a true pg. Mya and Lisa are still being groomed into the position. Antonia as played pg in HS, which probably why coach is experimenting with her as a point forward, relieving Mya at times.

I'll say it again........Kiyomi and Mikayla can put the walls and roof on this foundation that Coquese pretty much has in place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT