ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Basketball vs. Wisconsin / Game Thread

and another thing the other coach is in her 1st year coaching, and she comes to the RAC and boom, wins. Nasty catty, side remark, she had on tight, black leather pants and what looked like feathers in her hair,

Really … you’re kidding right? At this juncture it doesn’t matter with errors on the contract by Hobbs and having an almost entire new team of transfers who never got to meet with the head coach CV Stringer.
Are we sure that the transfers weren’t informed that Stringer wouldn’t be coaching? I think I read somewhere that she has been away from the team for sometime now.
The results of this team are not on Stringer. Do you believe that if she were coaching we would have the same record? This team has talent but they aren’t being used correctly and that’s on Tim.
Whatever the case may be Tim can’t return as Associate Head Coach next season. If Stringer is to return as Head Coach it must be announced right away and the next head coach should be in place (Associate HC).

and another thing the other coach is in her 1st year coaching, and she comes to the RAC and boom, wins. Nasty catty, side remark, she had on tight, black leather pants and what looked like feathers in her hair,
Can you picture Tim in tight black leather pants Coaching? The rack would sell out in 15 minutes.

Never seen coaching so bad on this level as what we've seen this year with Tim. Today was game strategy was another baffler. Besides Tiya, plays no Chyna or Sakima. And Tiya was a turnover machine again today but not held accountable....just continues to stay out on the court.

Has perimeter players try to force the ball inside while playing small with no easy targets to pass to. They force it anyway and we don't even get a shot, turnover.

Tim finds a way to lose, as he has been doing against all of the teams that they've been more talented than.

Plays Joyia M good minutes coming off a breakout game from three and doesn't get her a shot. Lasha's hitting her threes but Tim doesn't run plays or sets to the strength of his players. Has them along with the other guards force the ball inside just to turn it over. A lot of times those forced passes were while they had space to shoot the three. At least we would get a shot.

Tim finally shortened the rotation and let a group try to fight it out.......but he forgot to give them a good gameplan and the use of their bigs. Sidibe did not give us an advantage down low playing next to Osh. Tim just kinda evened it out for Wisconsin in the paint by using her instead of Chyna or Sakima. Wisc probably evened out rebounding in the second half with Sadibe in, but definitely had clear lanes to the basket with us having no rim protector in the game.

Are we sure that the transfers weren’t informed that Stringer wouldn’t be coaching? I think I read somewhere that she has been away from the team for sometime now.
The results of this team are not on Stringer. Do you believe that if she were coaching we would have the same record? This team has talent but they aren’t being used correctly and that’s on Tim.
Whatever the case may be Tim can’t return as Associate Head Coach next season. If Stringer is to return as Head Coach it must be announced right away and the next head coach should be in place (Associate HC).
She’s not here unfortunately and it was claimed on here by supporters that Tim was ready .Tim and the other women coaches were long time CV Stringer staff members. And if I’m not mistaken it was noted she did not have any contacts since she re-upped her contract. It is time to start over with a new coach.

Reactions: motorb54
Never seen coaching so bad on this level as what we've seen this year with Tim. Today was game strategy was another baffler. Besides Tiya, plays no Chyna or Sakima. And Tiya was a turnover machine again today but not held accountable....just continues to stay out on the court.

Has perimeter players try to force the ball inside while playing small with no easy targets to pass to. They force it anyway and we don't even get a shot, turnover.

Tim finds a way to lose, as he has been doing against all of the teams that they've been more talented than.

Plays Joyia M good minutes coming off a breakout game from three and doesn't get her a shot. Lasha's hitting her threes but Tim doesn't run plays or sets to the strength of his players. Has them along with the other guards force the ball inside just to turn it over. A lot of times those forced passes were while they had space to shoot the three. At least we would get a shot.

Tim finally shortened the rotation and let a group try to fight it out.......but he forgot to give them a good gameplan and the use of their bigs. Sidibe did not give us an advantage down low playing next to Osh. Tim just kinda evened it out for Wisconsin in the paint by using her instead of Chyna or Sakima. Wisc probably evened out rebounding in the second half with Sadibe in, but definitely had clear lanes to the basket with us having no rim protector in the game.
Why has the coaching been so bad under these long term staff members of CV Stringer?

One of the biggest differences between CVS and Tim is that Viv will hold players accountable. Main examples are Tiya with the turnovers game in and game out but still playing the starters minutes. Shug sometimes getting sloppy and out of control but never checked on it Joyia would probably agree with this point. Her freshman year, she was money from three but was slow moving defensively. Viv pulled her quickly if she didn't play defense up to her standard. She did that with all of her players. I sometimes thought she was too hard on her players that way and needed to let them play through some errors. It's a balance to it, and Tim has not been close to figuring it out.

She’s not here unfortunately and it was claimed on here by supporters that Tim was ready .Tim and the other women coaches were long time CV Stringer staff members. And if I’m not mistaken it was noted she did not have any contacts since she re-upped her contract. It is time to start over with a new coach.
I don’t think anyone expected these results from Tim and the blame ultimately falls on Stringer for not having an Associate HC who could step in, coach the team and put them in the best position to win.
I know everyone wants a new coach but that new contract is massive. Can they afford to pay her and a new coach? if they can’t what’s the alternative?

Reactions: RUcrazee
Why has the coaching been so bad under these long term staff members of CV Stringer?
I think some coaches are better off as assistants. I do think that one of the other assistants, specifically Nadine would be better suited to take over and get better results. Can it get any worse?

I think some coaches are better off as assistants. I do think that one of the other assistants, specifically Nadine would be better suited to take over and get better results. Can it get any worse?
They can't afford to let Tim finish out this year. They need to get Nadine a chance immediately.

What's so surprising about Tim is that he isn't even playing traditional RU basketball while having the players to do so. Today was the first time in a while that we've seen him attempt the 55. It seems as though he has no confidence in the team executing it successfully. He has more than 5 on the roster who have been there long enough to know how to run it. If you can't learn the thing in a year or two's time, then it need not be taught at all. Teach a simpler full court press.

When would you expect a Wisconsin team to come up with more steals and points off of turnovers. That was our bread and butter under CVS. That and fast break points were usually in our favor and often were deciding factors in our wins. This season, we don't get fast breaks at all. When we can dominate a team in the paint,, Tim decides to play small ball. ????

Another thing I noticed that would really bother CVS, our ladies have poor closeout technique on perimeter ballhandlers. Countless times they run out to a person on the perimeter who simply dribbles right around them and either go all the way for a layup or they get fouled by whoever is under the basket and didn't think about taking a charge. That is definitely not the CVS defense that we've watched over the years. I even remember a video of practice last year where she was teaching that exact thing(closeout defense).

Reactions: Bon1674
One of the biggest differences between CVS and Tim is that Viv will hold players accountable.
Almost forgot,....the biggest examples of Viv holding her teams accountable was the taking away of locker room privileges. Lol. It doesn't get more emphatic than that.

from what Tim did replacing Stringer the 2018-19 season,, he looked like he would be able to do the job.
But those 6 games were a mirage and I made a mistake thinking he was capable of being a winning HC ( interim or not) judging by that short tenure
I fully admit I was wrong about Tim..
As it turns out, I consider Tim the Fred Hill Hr. of the RU WBB program, now!

As for time to start over with a new HC, I have stated here that CVS bears the ultimate responsibility for how this season goes.and if it's a bad one, move her to administration and hire a new HC.
I've been a big Stringer supporter,but the way this leave of absence looks like it played out right after negotiating her extension, it's time for changing of the guard whether she likes it or not.
Move to administration with same pay and Coach Emeritus title or be bought out and wait till the smoke clears ( in a couple of years before having that title bestowed on her.

As it stands now, I'm in favor of a new HC and a Coach Emeritus CVS
( Note , if undisclosed info about the LOA becomes available that puts it in a better light , I could change my mind about her being pushed out of coaching)

Well if CV is not back for 2022-2023 then you will need a new head coach. Move Stringer to the office job and hopefully Hobbs gets his coach.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Well now may be the time to let Tim know he’s not being retained and Rutgers is going to put Nadine into the temporary HC job. It’s a business and if we don’t send a message soon it will devastate the program . It has been a highly respectable women’s BB program.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and Rufan07
Well now may be the time to let Tim know he’s not being retained and Rutgers is going to put Nadine into the temporary HC job. It’s a business and if we don’t send a message soon it will devastate the program . It has been a highly respectable women’s BB program.
If something isn’t done soon I’m afraid of what may happen with the remaining players. This team has some young talent (Sakima,Chyna,Liz-if he actually plays her). I stopped watching the games but does Sanderlin play? Is she still with the program?

Reactions: MADHAT1
Well she is still on her most recent contract extension. So if she was able and so desired to CVS could be walking the court sideline.

How does Chyna not get playing time?

We turned it over so many times with passes from a player two feet from the basket.
Shoot the damn ball!

His statement in the last thirty seconds or so of this press conference say to me that he is completely out of touch with what is going on or he just really underestimates the potential of the team. He sounds like his expectations were not much for this team. He says today's loss, since only by a few points, shows we're getting better. What???!! This was a game we should have won by 20.

The other thing that has to bother the players is when he says they didn't play hard enough(going for loose balls like the other team), Lasha and Osh have to want to own the ball.

Yea, he's let Osh be Osh all season, ....but Lasha, he's held back all year until the Michigan game which was a week ago. Before that game we were talking about him possibly causing her to check out for the season because he wasn't playing her. Now Tim does an about face and throws them under the bus and says they have to want the ball to take the shots down the stretch. He fails to realize, the things he pointed out as deficiencies today, .....he could have called timeout and addressed them. If players continued to make same mistakes, take them out. He did neither.

We all watched the forcing of passes into a crowded middle when the person with the ball had shots available while looking inside. As coach he could have told them to shoot the daggone ball and stop overpassing. I have a feeling that didn't happen.

The players effort level and offnesive confusion are directly related to Tim's poor coaching and sub patterns. Throwing Liz in with 5 minutes left has to be putting her in a weird mindset out on the court. Staying ready is one thing, but she was probably out there for the first minute at least, wondering why did he wait all this time to put me in. Loose ball, ....her mindset is not necessarily going to be what it would normally be competitively.

The loss completely falls on Tim. He would be better served as the coach and leader of this team if he would just own stinkers like what we watched today and all season, for that matter.

Just goes to show also, that he doesn't think he's the problem. He will have to be sat down and told before he will ever do the honorable thing and step down. It's getting dangerously close to the time when players may have to start speaking out. That's the last thing you want to happen, but what choice do they have if none of those in position to deal with this situation(Nadine, Michelle, Hobbs) are stepping up

Reactions: Esipos1 and Bon1674
The program is in a free fall and who will want to come here to play. Diamond could foresee this so she checked out.

Reactions: bac2therac
The press conference is infuriating!!!!! He is clueless! How dare he blame the players for this loss. The games are infuriating!!! I would like to continue to attend for the women, but it is so depressing.

The program is in a free fall and who will want to come here to play. Diamond could foresee this so she checked out.
You’re being kind…this program like the NY football giants needs to be blown up and started all over again.

we suck…that’s the first time since I started following in 1985 I can say that

It is so sad and frustrating that such a proud program of outstanding achievement and results has fallen into such a black hole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT