ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. No. 20 Michigan State Sunday

Getting badly outplayed. Need to step it up and score early in the 2nd half.

Terrible first half our insistence to pass back and short goal kicks is just ridiculous we lose the ball more than 50% on those balls
Defense on the goal horrible we just left the girl alone on the 18 although it was a great shot
Spacing again terrible we have no option on offense we had a bunch of crosses but absolutely no one there

Just terrible but more than anything this game convinced me this state of this team from every aspect is 100% on this coaching staff more later

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Terrible first half our insistence to pass back and short goal kicks is just ridiculous we lose the ball more than 50% on those balls
Defense on the goal horrible we just left the girl alone on the 18 although it was a great shot
Spacing again terrible we have no option on offense we had a bunch of crosses but absolutely no one there
Yes we just let that girl walk in. Our girls were backing up. No one challenged her. Agree on the corners--no one there.

Michigan State was just the better team, though the ref missed two MSU fouls in the box which would have resulted in penalty shots. Still MSU was the better team.

Unfortunately looks like the streak will end at 11 (barring a minor miracle the rest of the season).

Michigan State was just the better team, though the ref missed two MSU fouls in the box which would have resulted in penalty shots. Still MSU was the better team.
Not more talented our coaching staff just not utilizing our talent properly and on the recruiting side we just don’t have a talented finisher

Not more talented our coaching staff just not utilizing our talent properly and on the recruiting side we just don’t have a talented finisher
In another thread on the round table with a discussion about Carli Lloyd possibly taking over (someone threw it out there) someone put up a tweet showing that O'Neill is signed through Dec. 31, 2027; Not sure when that extension was given but that alone will keep him here a few years I would think

In another thread on the round table with a discussion about Carli Lloyd possibly taking over (someone threw it out there) someone put up a tweet showing that O'Neill is signed through Dec. 31, 2027; Not sure when that extension was given but that alone will keep him here a few years I would think
Have thought about Carli many times. Not out of the question, as she seems to have had a rapprochement with Rutgers. Can't see her sitting idle. Even initially coming in as a special advisor/assistant.
Imagine the recruits she would attract!

Listen Coach has a season or two of "good grace," after this one - nobody should think otherwise - BUT he needs to bring in a TOP-END, EXPERIENCED, offensive mind otherwise we're going to keep sliding and have major trouble recruiting high -end offensive players moving forward. SOMETHING has to change (I've been saying this for a few years now).

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Carli Lloyd that has exactly Zero years of coaching experience?!

Good Lord you guys are insufferable.

Still nobody has taken me up on sitting next to me at a game....

Carli Lloyd that has exactly Zero years of coaching experience?!

Good Lord you guys are insufferable.

Still nobody has taken me up on sitting next to me at a game....
You don't think Carli Lloyd could coach a team? Good Lord you're pretty insufferable yourself & who wants to sit next to you at a game!

You don't think Carli Lloyd could coach a team? Good Lord you're pretty insufferable yourself & who wants to sit next to you at a game!
The same people that sit with me every game. I'm in the same spot every week. Not hard to find.

Neither am I. Gone to almost every game for the last 12 years. And Lloyd would be a home run at some point.
At some point sure. But does she even want to coach? She seems happy on TV. This feels too much like Jay Williams shilling for every college hoops job under the sun.

At some point sure. But does she even want to coach? She seems happy on TV. This feels too much like Jay Williams shilling for every college hoops job under the sun.
Brought up as simply a hypothetical. Don't get your drawers in a knot.

Brought up as simply a hypothetical. Don't get your drawers in a knot.
Agreed in the other thread on the Premium board I actually said to my daughter right after the World cup we need someone like her running(not coaching) the womens national team so we can get out the political BS and play the best 20 girls or so without putting people on that team that don't deserve it
I honestly don't think she would want to go through the every day grind of college coaching she has too good a gig going now with her endorsements TV etc...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT