ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. Washington

Six game winning streak and outscoring those opponents 13-0. Wow.
Very good game. The Huskies are good--skilled & fast. We played our best game & had to.
Girls are moving the ball, though it still could be a bit quicker. We are playing with chemistry. If we move the ball even quicker we will compensate a great deal for our lack of overall speed.
Patricia Tsokos our right outside back had a great game. She is a soph transfer from Arkansas & is very good. I thought that Claire Hammill our frosh left outside back had a better game but could still improve, & I believe she will.
Our two CB,s Mason & Banks, along with our keeper Bodmer are the backbone of the team. If Banks isn't a 1st team All-American I'll eat this key board. She had another phenomenal game.
Emily Mason lofted a beautifully weighted long ball that Riley Tiernan collected, beat a defender & struck a beautiful ball inside the post. Great finish. Riley is playing some of her best soccer since being at RU.

Last edited:
Think it’s notable that the team went a full 90 minutes without an offsides and without any cards. Playing very disciplined footy out there.
That doesn't align with what the "experts" in the game threads have said all season....

Good to hear Patricia Tsokos is playing well. Go RU!!

Remember this conversation:

It’s not a solid pick up our recruiting has been awful for the past 3 years and it’s been showing the last 2 years and their play on the field only going to get worse

Why do you say that? Arkansas been pretty good program the last few years. Played in some games so seems like somewhat part of the rotation.

Always keeping things positive.

It’s hard to keep things positive when you’re recruiting the last three years in the big has been basically ranked last and the team has been barely a 500 team the past year and a half with nothing looking positive to me and others but if there’s something positive you see about the upcoming year please share as no one roots as hard for these women to succeed as me and many others on the board

Last edited:
Unrelated to the above, a fun parallel to note--

Today's win against Washington (likely) pushes Rutgers into the rankings.
A win on Friday, also against Washington, (likely) pushes football into the rankings.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Very good game. The Huskies are good--skilled & fast. We played our best game & had to.
Girls are moving the ball, though it still could be a bit quicker. We are playing with chemistry. If we move the ball even quicker we will compensate a great deal for our lack of overall speed.
Patricia Tsokos our right outside back had a great game. She is a soph transfer from Arkansas & is very good. I thought that Claire Hammill our frosh left outside back had a better game but could still improve, & I believe she will.
Our two CB,s Mason & Banks, along with our keeper Bodmer are the backbone of the team. If Banks isn't a 1st team All-American I'll eat this key board. She had another phenominal game.
Emily Mason lofted a beautifully weighted long ball that Riley Tiernan collected, beat a defender & struck a beautiful ball inside the post. Great finish. Riley is playing some of her best soccer since being at RU.
a lot of great points here.

if I am not wrong, Tsokos didnt start the year at RB, did she? I would say moving here there was a stroke of genius. while she's not a speedster (usually a pre-req for a fullback), her game awareness and technical ability has been PHENOMENAL. she has locked down that position which has really helped us play out of the back and combine much more effectively with our midfield and wingers...this is why I am so high on the future of this team. Because we'll be able to play with/break down the better teams. Last years team - for example - had no prayer of doing this, unless one of our forwards had a moment of brilliance.

Agree with you on Banks. She has become an absolute BEAST back there.

I continue to be super high on the youth/infusion of talent...it has truly brought out the best in our entire team.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Coaches poll isn't out yet (think it will be out today), but the RPI has been updated, and Rutgers sits at #20. Other top B1G teams in RPI:

1. Michigan State 8-0-2
6. Penn State 7-2-1
7. Ohio State 6-1-2
9. USC 7-1-1
14. Iowa 7-0-3
18. UCLA 8-2-1
20. Rutgers 7-1-1
27. Wisconsin 5-2-2

Last edited:
Coaches poll isn't out yet (think it will be out today), but the RPI has been updated, and Rutgers sits at #20. Other top B1G teams in RPI:

1. Michigan State 8-0-2
6. Penn State 7-2-1
7. Ohio State 6-1-2
9. USC 7-1-1
14. Iowa 7-0-3
18. UCLA 8-2-1
20. Rutgers 7-1-1
27. Wisconsin 5-2-2
Poll will be out tomorrow around 3, very much looking forward to it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT