ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling vs Michigan / Updates and Results Thread

We need to win most of the matches 125- 165 to have a chance. Lots of close match ups .

You testy already looks more aggressive than McCabe. I hope this isn't an indication of what's to come.

Didn't fire off a decent shot the whole match. Folks this team has a confidence problem.

Giraldo loses 4-2 in 3OT

Stall and 3 cautions did him in

As well as not shooting

Terrible! How could they have this kind of start after Friday??????? Amazing.

We decided not to shoot or be aggressive again today. 2 shots thru 3 matches.

this is how Michigan wrestles. their MO is wrestlers in tremendous physical condition, with totally defensive style. They give you nothing. It's boring, but If your'e not good enough, and strong enough, to take it from them they will beat you every time.

We decided not to shoot or be aggressive again today. 2 shots thru 3 matches.

So let me get this straight. Biggest complaint from Goody from Friday was not finishing takedowns. So we respond how? First 3 matches all favored on paper and we still have no TD.

RU 1st takedown 6:52 at 157
Richie LEwis pulls out a solid win
3-2

Michigan 10-6

So let me get this straight. Biggest complaint from Goody from Friday was not finishing takedowns. So we respond how? First 3 matches all favored on paper and we still have no TD.
We weren't favored at 125 or 133 over AAs.

We weren't favored at 125 or 133 over AAs.
We most absolutely were. They have both lost to guys we beat and again I said ON PAPER we are favored. Coaches would agree. Just because there were AA doesn't mean they were both having down seasons.

We most absolutely were. They have both lost to guys we beat and again I said ON PAPER we are favored. Coaches would agree. Just because there were AA doesn't mean they were both having down seasons.
Probably closer to a toss-up but yeah.. on paper.. very small fav at best before the match. Giraldo gets called for stalling way too much.

Stop it. Paper is worthless. In reality, they weren't favored.

Gotta agree with Leonard on this.

Reactions: Leonard23
The MBB, WBB, Wrestling, Gymnastics ... Losing streaks in B1G continue.

Great win by Lewis. the rest of the results weren't too surprising. seniors shouldn't be getting pinned but Huntley and Coon are pretty dang good so at least there's that.

gotta hope some of these close matches that guys lost against Minny, Wisky and Michigan can be reversed at the B1G tourney. those matches matter a lot more than the duals.

McCabe, Giraldo and to a lesser extent AA did their best to preclude the crowd from getting into the match. Very little action and almost no initiation from the RU side. Dippery tried to make a run but Panteleo was just too strong and the outcome was never really doubt. I really like Richie Lewis approach. Perrotti was dominant in his home finale and Phil surprised me with the fall. Hopefully Gravina is not seriously injured. Hrymack and Smith matches were nearly identical with regard to length and outcome. Not good for either them although Coon looked like a monster out there as did their 184 guy. Hopefully we are good enough to post a couple of dual victories next weekend in Bloomington and West Lafayette.

Abounader is the #4 ranked guy in a very good and deep weight class, nationally. So, yeah, he's a tough out. He wrestled an RU backup. A tech fall really is not surprising.
The tech fall is not surprising however doing it 16-0 is rare. I can't remember the last time I saw a tech fall that didn't involve at least a few takedowns and cut lose.

Gravina has a shoulder so why risk it against last year's Big Ten champ. You knew they were winning 197 and 285

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT