ADVERTISEMENT

Sat Noon RU Baseball v MSU live on R Vision , link:

Yeah, that's ridiculous, unless you're hooked up to the 50" there's no sense in attempting to watch this to be quite honest. 2-2 in the 5th.

Tied at 2, bottom 5th. RU ace Howie Brey on the mound. JuWann Harris w an RBI. Carter back in LF.

Did they play MSU yesterday and lose 5-2 as well? I was on scarlet knights.com earlier and thought i saw two final scores where we were on the short side.

Did they play MSU yesterday and lose 5-2 as well? I was on scarlet knights.com earlier and thought i saw two final scores where we were on the short side.

I don't know, I'm now watching what I think is a Live R Vision and it's 5-3 MSU up bottom 7. I think you saw the result of the 1st game of the Double Header (yesterday postponed for bad field conditions)

Either we blow games late or come up short. Not a good combination. Whatever encouragement there was for this season is quickly dissipating into mediocrity or worse.

Either we blow games late or come up short. Not a good combination. Whatever encouragement there was for this season is quickly dissipating into mediocrity or worse.
Its hard to recruit top tier baseball talent in the north east because of the weather.Playing in the south is a far better alternative.

Its hard to recruit top tier baseball talent in the north east because of the weather.Playing in the south is a far better alternative.
That's true, but it wasn't always like that. I remember when the University of Maine regularly fielded a very strong program and my brother played for Penn State when they went to the College World Series. I now live in Oregon not too far from Corvallis, where the weather is not southern, and the Beavs do very well. The Ducks aren't bad either. Weather doesn't have to be an excuse for bad baseball except in NB.

Btw, the doubleheader we just lost was against a team from balmy Michigan.

That's true, but it wasn't always like that. I remember when the University of Maine regularly fielded a very strong program and my brother played for Penn State when they went to the College World Series. I now live in Oregon not too far from Corvallis, where the weather is not southern, and the Beavs do very well. The Ducks aren't bad either. Weather doesn't have to be an excuse for bad baseball except in NB.

Btw, the doubleheader we just lost was against a team from balmy Michigan.

I think way to many schools use weather as an excuse to not put a lot of effort into baseball. If a school wants to be competitive they can be they just have to invest in it like any other sport. Coaches, facilities, stadium, every aspect of the program they can be successful.

Reactions: Leonard23
RU just had a 1,000 win coach retire, the weather was never excuse and was always a good program. Litterio is garbage and never deserved his promotion.

Another blown lead in the late innings. Our bullpen is brutal. We're the only team that gives up this many late inning leads. Just brutal. We can't only have three pitchers

Another blown lead in the late innings. Our bullpen is brutal. We're the only team that gives up this many late inning leads. Just brutal. We can't only have three pitchers
Yup, swept by MSU. Today they blew a 5-0 lead and lost 6-5. Brutal is being kind.

Recruiting and coaching. Rutgers staff is in-bred. What is the advantage of a staff of all Rutgers guys? It's not like Rutgers has had substantial success in baseball and we are sustaining that championship caliber-play. Check the credentials of the Michigan State staff with our's. Coaches with background outside of Michigan. Coaches climbing the coaching ladder. Coaches with significant success at other programs. Rutgers provincial attitude with hiring has killed it in multiple sports. The attitude is we participate, not compete.

Tough loss. This year we are one win and seven losses in one run games and seven wins and seven losses otherwise. The record in one run games has been substantially worse then the overall record over the last several years.

One thing that we need to notice however is that Christian Campbell has been great on the mound this year since coming back from his injury. He strikes out a ton of batters and has only walked one. The opponents' batting average against him is microscopic. Today he just gave up two homeruns that were enough to decide the game. I wonder if he will be strictly a pitcher from now on and if he along with Herrmann can stabilize the bullpen for the balance of the year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT