ADVERTISEMENT

SC/Stanford

Though I went to Cal, I always rooted for Stanford in those games. Different strokes for different folks. Many Cal fans would die rather than take sides in such a game.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'm sure.

Pigging backing on the wife thread, mine went to SC. There is no other choice. I'd be sleeping outside if I rooted for anyone else. But I like them anyway so it's all good. Reggie Bush years were some of my favorite college football memories ever.

I think you're probably too young for John McKay calling "student body left" and "student body right" as sweep plays for O.J. Simpson.

Yea, I wasn't born yet. But that mindset still permeates. They definitely like their RB's. Just use them a little differently now.

Trojans looking good!

wow that was a stupid call. you're down by 3, and go for it on 4th and goal?

wow that was a stupid call. you're down by 3, and go for it on 4th and goal?
I didn't like the call either. Tie the game. If you are going to go for it, I kinda of like going for it on a hurry up quick snap to possibly get the defense off balance or unready.

Darnold has done little to enhance his draft prospects here. A couple of good scrambles, but also throwing weakly on the deep passes. Does not look ready for prime time.

But even worse are the refs. They are blowing everything everywhere!

Disagree. Darnold is making plays all over the field. Stats don't lie.

16 of 23 for 310
2 TDs
0 interceptions
211 QB Rating
70% completion percentage

Kid is absolutely crushing it tonight.

He's completed 16 passes and missed some guys badly, especially deep. His RB has saved his rear tonight. Scouts can't be liking this performance.

Darnold has done little to enhance his draft prospects here. A couple of good scrambles, but also throwing weakly on the deep passes. Does not look ready for prime time.

But even worse are the refs. They are blowing everything everywhere!

Disagree. Darnold is making plays all over the field. Stats don't lie.
Sort of agree (and disagree, I guess) with both of you. He has shown ability to make something out of garbage situations. But he's also thrown a few lousy deep balls.

Scouts are loving it. Huge arm, making plays. Clearly first round NFL talent.

Stats say it all.

Hope Darnold plays meekly. Let the Browns take the skinny Josher - let Darnold slide down to an undeserving Giant org. I remember when Terry Bradshaw was rough - then the lights came on and it was 4 Supers

Clearly first five. And that ain't luck he throws deep all the time. You've probably seen 3 games.

Those were deep throw after srambling up in the pocket. Serious arm strength. Probably the strongest in college that I have seen.

Cali, are you watching this game? He threw short both times! The first one should have been intercepted, and the second one the kid had to come back for or else it would have been a TD. Now, you watch him a lot so maybe he does have a strong arm, and he's got toughness to spare, but he simply hasn't had a great game tonight.

Of course I'm watching. You're focusing on two throws instead of the other 16. 70% completion percentage for 310. 2 Tds no interceptions. You must be watching a different game.

You should see the coeds. Haven for hot chicks.

16 completions and short on his only two deep ones is not top five pick performance.

But that last pass was nice!

He's got a lot going for him, but his passing game tonight was above average at best.

You're watching with SC eyes!

But hell, the kid's just turned 20. I'd be very happy if the Jints got him. Think Rosen is a better prospect, though.

David Shaw won't be sleeping well this offseason. Should be playing OT right now, at a minimum.

I watched a few plays here and there but with both teams out of the playoff hunt, it didn't have a huge pull for me. I'm curious how the ratings will look. Being on a Friday night cannot help.

Darnold looked awesome in the Rose last season. Haven't watched him a lot this year.

I watched a few plays here and there but with both teams out of the playoff hunt, it didn't have a huge pull for me. I'm curious how the ratings will look. Being on a Friday night cannot help.

Darnold looked awesome in the Rose last season. Haven't watched him a lot this year.

Even MAC plays on Saturday!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT