ADVERTISEMENT

Scarlet Knights Archive: Three Straight Top 10 Wins for Women's Basketball

Those were the days! The talent of those teams, the depth, in retrospect, is very impressive. Hopefully, we're on our way back to that level. Really enjoyable clip.

That was a pretty amazing week. I was at the Tennessee game, which was Cappie' first game back from her hiatus. The RAC was on fire.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
I think I've figured it out for next season: bring back the bun.

Those were the days! The talent of those teams, the depth, in retrospect, is very impressive. Hopefully, we're on our way back to that level. Really enjoyable clip.

and don't forget the great crowds! Would love to see that happen again at RU.

It was arguably the best 8 days in RU women's bball history. It may have had competition from a week a year or three later when RU could have become the first team in history to defeat the #1 in two consecutive games but Clock-gate in Knoxville kept that from happening.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Yes, the crowds were unreal. I was there for the LSU game and remember like it was yesterday. As the game was in the balance, coming down the stretch and Seimone Augustus has LSU up,...My buddy says, "She is just too good". We're not going to pull this out." I told him not to worry. Cappie is going to take this game over . He's respected my B-ball knowledge ever since. ...................At that time I really felt like Cappie was the best women's bball player in the world. Yes, many would say Candace P, ...and I respect that. Candace was unique at that time in the women''s game, possessing perimeter skills at 6'5". But there was nobody more clutch and savvy on the court than Cappie at that time. You can ask Diana Taurasi and the European fans who were blessed to see more of Cappie than we were here in the States.

Last edited:
and don't forget the great crowds! Would love to see that happen again at RU.

It was arguably the best 8 days in RU women's bball history. It may have had competition from a week a year or three later when RU could have become the first team in history to defeat the #1 in two consecutive games but Clock-gate in Knoxville kept that from happening.

I was going to go with the three games starting on March 24, 2007, but it turns out that was 9 days.

I have a great t-shirt from the 2004-5 season listing all of the ranked teams RU beat - there were six of them.

That was a pretty amazing week. I was at the Tennessee game, which was Cappie' first game back from her hiatus. The RAC was on fire.
We were at all 3. There was quite a contingent in Austin, Scarlet R hosted a get together (snacks) on the 1st, I think. We celebrated New Years Eve on the riverwalk in San Antonio, with a couple other RU fans and the Scarlet R rep. Still have a souvenir.

Reactions: BeKnighted
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT