ADVERTISEMENT

Football Schiano talks COVID, possibility of spring

The California schools used to have spring football around 100-120 years ago.

Would we then have a second season in the fall to normalize things?

Last edited:
The California schools used to have spring football around 100-120 years ago.

Would we then have a second season in the fall to normalize things?

This is what I was wondering. How do you ever get back onto a fall schedule once you go to a spring season?

They are not playing football in the spring. Do you really think all those seniors will be risking injury right before they report to college? And what about those kids who are on the team and rarely if ever play in the games? Do you think they are going to be playing in the spring of their senior year when its party time? What about the football players who are baseball or lax first? And what about the ones who are basketball first? YOu think they are going to start practicing in February or March and miss basketball?

Not happening.

NY Post
Rutgers’ Greg Schiano mum on whether college football should play
We know Greg can be Belichick-like in his ability to not offer much on his thoughts with far less consequential topics than this. Not his really job to offer interesting quotes for bored sportswriters.
I read those quotes in the story Richie posted above, and thought, was a calm, measured response. It reminded me of his first presser when some reporter asked him a provocative question about what Gov. Christie had said about him--his reply was along the lines of "Gov. Christie is all right." A consummate and unflappable professional.

watched the video.......

...so glad it is GS and not crash....

was my main though....

weird... the video WAS up... and now it's been taken down......

Last edited:
I read those quotes in the story Richie posted above, and thought, was a calm, measured response. It reminded me of his first presser when some reporter asked him a provocative question about what Gov. Christie had said about him--his reply was along the lines of "Gov. Christie is all right." A consummate and unflappable professional.

True. And that’s why Julie Herman was a sportswriters dream when she stepped up to the podium.

And who can forget her famous vm to Eric LeGrand saying that Barchi was going in another direction for graduation speakers?

Greg is a better politician than a lot of politicians. During that press conference, he could have easily taken the bait. However, he deftly disarmed the question instead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT