ADVERTISEMENT

Season ticket sales going really well

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
We have 37,000 seats to sell to season ticket holders, after the 10,000 students, 3,000 visitors, and 2,000 game officials (player guests, recruits, sponsors, etc.). The past 2 years in the Big Ten we have reached just over the 31,000 mark. Right Now I'd say we are at about 26,000 looking at the map here (2/3rds of lower 32k bowl, plus an entire 5k upper sideline and the other sections are at least half or mostly full), so we're on a good pace given the kind of year we had last season. I think we can really get some big crowds this year if the players can execute Ash and Meringher's offense and score points at the tempo they want to.

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...ext=&caller=PR&appCode=&prc=FBFULL&ppc=FBFULL

Hopefully we can pack the house every game moving forward. Best crowd I was ever at was Penn St a few years ago.

Really like the logo/profile image that you have too, ScarletDave, of the New Brunswick skyline lol

Reactions: ScarletDave
We have 37,000 seats to sell to season ticket holders, after the 10,000 students, 3,000 visitors, and 2,000 game officials (player guests, recruits, sponsors, etc.). The past 2 years in the Big Ten we have reached just over the 31,000 mark. Right Now I'd say we are at about 26,000 looking at the map here (2/3rds of lower 32k bowl, plus an entire 5k upper sideline and the other sections are at least half or mostly full), so we're on a good pace given the kind of year we had last season. I think we can really get some big crowds this year if the players can execute Ash and Meringher's offense and score points at the tempo they want to.

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=PR:RUTGERS:F16:FS:FBFULL&linkID=rutgers&shopperContext=&caller=PR&appCode=&prc=FBFULL&ppc=FBFULL

We're doing OK, fine I suppose...but I'm not sure how you think 5K additional season tickets are going to be sold between now and Sept. 10. That's simply not happening.
We also know getting 10K students at a game depends on weather, opponent, kickoff time and how the team is doing. If all four aren't right, the south end zone will have holes in it.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
We're doing OK, fine I suppose...but I'm not sure how you think 5K additional season tickets are going to be sold between now and Sept. 10. That's simply not happening.
We also know getting 10K students at a game depends on weather, opponent, kickoff time and how the team is doing. If all four aren't right, the south end zone will have holes in it.
No way we get 5k more in season tickets but don't forget mini plans and single game tickets go on sale soon. PSU and Michigan will sell out for sure and I expect Iowa to sell out too.

No way we get 5k more in season tickets but don't forget mini plans and single game tickets go on sale soon. PSU and Michigan will sell out for sure and I expect Iowa to sell out too.

Agree for sure on UM and Iowa. State Penn could come down to the wire if both teams are struggling since it's very late in the year but I'm sure it will be an announced sell out.

As always with us, it's very important to win early OOC, to make our record look good as long as possible.

Agree for sure on UM and Iowa. State Penn could come down to the wire if both teams are struggling since it's very late in the year but I'm sure it will be an announced sell out.

You really think that PA St. is going to come down to the wire? I'd say UM and PA St. are going to be the first two to sell out, with Iowa trailing by a little bit.

Michigan will sell out shortly after mini-plans go on sale. It's a choice between Michigan and Iowa for the mini-plan, and I think that the majority will choose UM in the package. Once single-game tickets go on sale, PA St. and Iowa will sell quickly - and I think the game against the Nitwits will sell out first.

As far as crowds, that will be a different story. I think UM and Iowa will be packed regardless of our record at the time we play (unless we start 1-2 or worse, which I don't see happening). PA St crowd may depend on how both teams did during the season and weather, but I still think it will be close to full.

Indiana, Illinois, New Mexico, and Howard will be empty in the upper corners... unless we have some big upsets in the first 6 games.

students will show up if the new AD changes the multi jurisdictional police lot enforcement ,over the top for certain..that drove the students away last year. I tailgated at Michigan and OSU the last two years and there was no four wheel police patrol,and lurking police going threw the lots locking up students ...One PD needs to take charge with one enforcement plan this year.Julie had no clue on that aspect either ..except to apologize to state Penn.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
We have three sellouts in Michigan, Iowa and Penn state

lllinois for homecoming will be a big crowd.

Indiana depends on how the season going

New mexico and 1AA team will be in the mid 40s

Holes or craters?

Though I think there is positive momentum with the new staff that should translate into better ticket sales this Spring & Summer.

Reactions: Local Shill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT