ADVERTISEMENT

Shore Area RU-Iowa and now PSU Recommendations?

Source

Heisman Winner
Aug 1, 2001
Saw that Joe's Surf Shack in Lake Como had a nice Rutgers crowd for the Indiana game. Will they be doing that again for Saturday's game? Also Leggett's in Manasquan usually had RU folks (at least in summer) saunter in to watch Rutgers. Bar A and Boat House usually have the game but not a lot of college fans. Have friends in the Manasquan-Wall-Long Branch area and we might get together somewhere. Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83
I was at the Joe's Surf Shack/Indiana watch and had a great time. I was hoping they were doing something for Iowa but I haven't heard anything. A friend of mine is suggesting Wonder Bar as an alternative if Joe's isn't doing it. But the problem with the WB is they won't have game sound so I'm not totally on board with that.

It is my observation that Leggetts is first and foremost a Penn State bar. Since their game is at noon, they will likely switch over to RU afterward. So I suppose that's a possibility if Joe's is a no-go.

I plan on going to Leggets the following Saturday fully decked out in Scarlet. Should be an interesting vibe with majority of people rooting for PSU.

Consider baseline social too on fort Monmouth. Lotsa scarlet in there

Saw that Joe's Surf Shack in Lake Como had a nice Rutgers crowd for the Indiana game. Will they be doing that again for Satruday's game? Also Leggett's in Manasquan usually had RU folks (at least in summer) saunter in to watch Rutgers. Bar A and Boat House usually have the game but not a lot of college fans. Have friends in the Manasquan-Wall-Long Branch area and we might get together somewehre. Thanks for any suggestions.
Leggett's always struck me as more of a psu bar. Lots of guys in there who wish they went there or had any affiliation with the school other than they win a lot.

Reactions: LeapinLou
I decided to give Joe's Surf Shack a call just now and they said they are a go for this Saturday at 3:30. The game will be on the projector with game sound. The person I spoke to said to spread the word.

I'm on board for it. @Source gather up your crew and meet us there.

Sorry for the late notice on organizing it for this week everyone. I really didn't expect so many people to be interested again! Appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm here!!! With that being said we are also locking in next weeks Penn State game

Should be a good crowd.
About 100-125 went to Joe's Surf Shack for Rutgers-Iowa viewing. Is the Shack open for a noon Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey vs. Pennsylvania State University game?

About 100-125 went to Joe's Surf Shack for Rutgers-Iowa viewing. Is the Shack open for a noon Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey vs. Pennsylvania State University game?
Yes. More info coming tomorrow

@Source @RU_UniWatch I'm not going to make it to Joe's tomorrow. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that we are too beat up to have a good outcome tomorrow so I'm heading to The Salty Whale at noon and doing the Turkey Trot. I'll watch the RU game more closely on Saturday night (if they shock the world) or Sunday morning.

The guys that usually go with me to Joes are all from Asbury and they decided to watch the game at the Wonder Bar tomorrow so they don't have to pay for a car service.

Let me know how it goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT