ADVERTISEMENT

Sitkowski and Blackshear: throw those quitters off the team.

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
Bailed on their teammates, Art Sitkowski and Raheem Blackshear, what a pair of gutless,craven, selfcentered losers, they should have their scholarships stripped from them and never be allowed back into any of the facilities. Your teammates are out there doing their best, and all you're doing is thinking about yourself. Feckless, selfish, thoughtless, weak, disloyal, two-faced, treacherous, unreliable, faithless, perfidious, deceitful: there aren't enough words in the English language to describe your pathetic abandonment of your team and your brothers in arms. You should be ashamed to ever put on Rutgers gear again.

I have new found respect for DJ Spanky. Let them have it!

Did Hobbs know about this situation with Art and Raheem when he fired Ash?

When did Hobbs know?

Reactions: bac2therac
No coaches left to curse so now you go after the players. Spanky, it is only a game. We aren't in the military trying to defeat isis and seeing soldiers leaving a gun fight from fear. The players reacted to a bad situation Hobbs put them in.

Bailed on their teammates, Art Sitkowski and Raheem Blackshear, what a pair of gutless,craven, selfcentered losers, they should have their scholarships stripped from them and never be allowed back into any of the facilities. Your teammates are out there doing their best, and all you're doing is thinking about yourself. Feckless, selfish, thoughtless, weak, disloyal, two-faced, treacherous, unreliable, faithless, perfidious, deceitful: there aren't enough words in the English language to describe your pathetic abandonment of your team and your brothers in arms. You should be ashamed to ever put on Rutgers gear again.

I wish I could like this twice. Even if they stay they are dead to me.

Business decision, I don’t have a problem with it

Torn on this one. The team used to come first. But today apparently not. If I'm looking out for myself and my career I redshirt. This just isn't the way players used to operate. But now we've got players sitting out bowl games.
IF you want to accept that way of thinking and character. Taking 1 step back at a time is usually how one finds themselves in reverse.

They can be thrown off the team but, as I posted on another thread, B1G rules say they keep their scholarships anyway so long as they are in good academic standing.

Reactions: 17Q66
They can be thrown off the team but, as I posted on another thread, B1G rules say they keep their scholarships anyway so long as they are in good academic standing.

Doesn't seem like they will be attending RU more than this semester.

Doesn't seem like they will be attending RU more than this semester.

Yes, but they have their scholarships until they leave (and they could conceivably stay for the spring and keep their scholarships for that term too), and they can get scholarships at other B1G schools.

Redshirting I think requires mutual coach and player consent. I don't think,you get an automatic 5th year scholarship.
I also believe B1G doesn't allow internal transfer without 2 year wait. No?

No coaches left to curse so now you go after the players. Spanky, it is only a game. We aren't in the military trying to defeat isis and seeing soldiers leaving a gun fight from fear. The players reacted to a bad situation Hobbs put them in.
Agree. It’s troubling and sad to see a moderator of all people using this board to attack college kids.

Edit: I just found this in the rules section of the site:

No attacks on players or coaches. Criticism is allowed, and encouraged if the shoe fits. But that does NOT mean you have free range to bash or alienate a player or coach with your comments. If you disagree with how they played or the effort they put forward, please voice your opinion and state why you hold that opinion. If it's something you would not say to their faces, then don't post it.

Last edited:
Why did Blackshear even suit up? Sitkowski still has a game left and said he would play in an emergency but Blackshear wasn't going to play.
I hope neither one goes on the road.

Why did Blackshear even suit up? Sitkowski still has a game left and said he would play in an emergency but Blackshear wasn't going to play.
I hope neither one goes on the road.

Good point. Does Art travel with the team to Bloomington this week?

Assume that Blackshear is buh-bye unless he changes his mind.

What a mess.

After thinking more about this, it seems a transfer is eminent with these two. Consider we lost Jackson, Vokolek and Griffin Stewert to transfers. When they jumped ship, who knows who else was on the fence. When this news came in on Ashs firing it becomes a logical choice for a guy that's wavering already. Just a theory but it's making more sense to me now. I wouldn't be surprised if there would have been more if Blacksheer did it earlier in the week. Haes gone unless the new coach can recruit him back.

Lol at business decision.

Is it always going to be a business decision when people quit? When life throws you a curve, just quit?

New born: too hard, I'll bail on my wife.
Get laid off: think I'll leave my family, can't handle this.
Family member with a disease: don't fight it, just accept your fate and die.

This sucks but it's also teaching these kids valuable life lessons. You cannot just quit every time things don't go your way.

I doubt you see either kid in an RU uniform again and frankly they should be banned from the Hale Center. You're not going to eat our food and workout in our building to go get ready to play for another team, sorry.

Business? Art thinking about his NFL career?
If you don't want to play leave the team. You can't get all the perks of being a scholarship athlete and if healthy not play the game.
I understand but if you throw him off the team the NCAA would give him a waiver to play without sitting out a year. Six eggs in one hand, a half a dozen in the other. A trust me schools would be calling.

I understand but if you throw him off the team the NCAA would give him a waiver to play without sitting out a year. Six eggs in one hand, a half a dozen in the other. A trust me schools would be calling.

Ok. Let him play somewhere else next week for all it matters. If I'm one of the other guys busting his tail for myself and my team mates I'm not very concerned how many years of eligibility he has left playing at a different school.

Not for nothing but the whole college football reality is perverse. A coach that sucks (Ash) gets paid millions even after getting fired. I’m not going to sweat kids making decisions that they feel are in their best interest.
Coaches are given the freedom to act in their own best interests, now players are doing the same thing. Nobody is happy with it but I can’t blame them, just as I can’t blame any of the people I mange at work for believing that they are acting in their own best interests. No manager wants to lose a good employee but it happens and you can’t hold it against them even when it turns out to be a bad decision on their part. I give them the same respect for their judgement on their own situation as I would want from them if the situation were reversed.

I understand Art’s actions a bit more than I understand Blackshear. As a pocket QB Art has to be wary of the new coach’s offensive philosophy because he could quickly be the odd man out. A talented running back need not worry about offensive philosophy as they can be valuable in any system.

Reactions: GSGS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT