ADVERTISEMENT

Some Takeaways

Ash_Hole

Junior
Sep 8, 2019
Most times, Goliath slays David. 1 week of practice, tons of our stars opted out or injured, while none of WF’s did, including Heisman candidate, and 16 point underdogs to begin with

And yet, we played hard.

We got valuable reps.
Many, many young players saw the field today

But this is type of loss that can motivate a team ALL SPRING. They got a taste of a NYE game — now time to earn it.

Young Defense will get better and better. You could see the flashes. Hell, at times, both Melton and Longerbeam looked like high NFL draft picks. Everyone’s young and mistakes were made against an NFL QB, but there’s some serious talent.

Wimsatt has wheels, and Gleeson should lean into that the way Louisville did with Lamar Jackson. His decision-making and accuracy will improve with a Spring under his belt. But it’s GW’s team now

Julius Turner and Drew Singleton both upgraded their draft stock. NFL scouts saw them play well, while not taking the easy route of opting out

Langan is going to be a great TE next year. 57 yards on 6 receptions in a position he’s still learning. With a spring dedicated to it, he could really shine and become a safety valve for a soph GW

New Defense and Special Teams Coordinators should help, as both are not being retained. Sloppy at times in both today.

Both Lines played pretty well. We had pressure on their 10-win offense many times today. Those near safeties in their end zone were exciting and Hartman was on the run a lot. On flip side, our oline largely gave the musical chair QBs time to throw. With influx of recruits on both lines, and so many players being young — good place to build from today

Score sucked, but I’m glad we did the game. We were super underdogs to begin with, but got valuable reps and maybe most importantly, this team got a taste of something bigger. Getting smashed in the mouth may be the thing this team needs to kick it into another gear in the offseason.

Happy New Year everyone. Here’s to 2022 season. Go RU!

Saw a lot today- anyone with a beef with NV- suck my nuts- this kid just plays tough football for us. He is not a great QB but he plays as hard as anyone on the field.

Langan- just secured an NFL career as a top TE.

I saw kids playing that I don't even remember recruiting.

OL had a bad day

GW- has wheels but needs to learn the position

One single play turned it. And it wasnt even the player's fault. The pass that Abraham got turned around on and missed the Int- if he made it, and it should have been made 4 out of 5 times, would have changed the game

We did not embarrass ourselves

Overall- a huge positive for Rutgers

Saw a lot today- anyone with a beef with NV- suck my nuts- this kid just plays tough football for us. He is not a great QB but he plays as hard as anyone on the field.

Langan- just secured an NFL career as a top TE.

I saw kids playing that I don't even remember recruiting.

OL had a bad day

GW- has wheels but needs to learn the position

One single play turned it. And it wasnt even the player's fault. The pass that Abraham got turned around on and missed the Int- if he made it, and it should have been made 4 out of 5 times, would have changed the game

We did not embarrass ourselves

Overall- a huge positive for Rutgers

Todd Christensen-ish?

We had no RBs left. We couldnt threaten the edge any more and Wake adjusted to take away the middle.
Didn’t we just abandon the middle in the 2nd Half ? I had always said Wright-Collins is a stud and can run up the middle. We will be fine next year at RB with him, Kyle,and Young.

Most times, Goliath slays David. 1 week of practice, tons of our stars opted out or injured, while none of WF’s did, including Heisman candidate, and 16 point underdogs to begin with

Wake was missing one of its two star WRs (Jaquarii Roberson - 1075 yds and 8 TDs), If he played Wake Scores 2 more TDs because the back-ups were stiffs

I don't trust Gleeson to make Wimsatt better. Kid has potential, but Lamar Jackson he is not and he should not be expected to meet those kinds of expectations.

My takeaway theory was that there may be an understanding that Noah will be helping to train Gavin throughout next season with both of them playing a blend. The plan isn’t simply for Gavin to just take over. Vedral would be in the portal if that was the case.

And yet, we played hard.

We got valuable reps.

But this is type of loss that can motivate a team ALL SPRING. They got a taste of a NYE game — now time to earn it.

Young Defense will get better and better. You could see the flashes. Hell, at times, both Melton and Longerbeam looked like high NFL draft picks. Everyone’s young and mistakes were made against an NFL QB, but there’s some serious talent.

Wimsatt has wheels, and Gleeson should lean into that the way Louisville did with Lamar Jackson. His decision-making and accuracy will improve with a Spring under his belt. But it’s GW’s team now

Julius Turner and Drew Singleton both upgraded their draft stock. NFL scouts saw them play well, while not taking the easy route of opting out

Langan is going to be a great TE next year. 57 yards on 6 receptions in a position he’s still learning. With a spring dedicated to it, he could really shine and become a safety valve for a soph GW

New Defense and Special Teams Coordinators should help, as both are not being retained. Sloppy at times in both today.

Both Lines played pretty well. We had pressure on their 10-win offense many times today. Those near safeties in their end zone were exciting and Hartman was on the run a lot. On flip side, our oline largely gave the musical chair QBs time to throw. With influx of recruits on both lines, and so many players being young — good place to build from today

Score sucked, but I’m glad we did the game. We were super underdogs to begin with, but got valuable reps and maybe most importantly, this team got a taste of something bigger. Getting smashed in the mouth may be the thing this team needs to kick it into another gear in the offseason.

Great post

And yet, we played hard.

We got valuable reps.

Nailed it IMHO.

Georgia Football has a coaching staff of 11 and a support staff of 42! These so-called “schools” have become mega businesses that have tilted the NCAA competitiveness! Rutgers is never going to look like this!

I mean, the 2nd place ACC team should be kicking the asses of the 10th place B1G team. That being said... it didn't feel like an ass kicking. Wisconsin felt like an ass kicking. OSU felt like an ass kicking.
I’m with you about the first half. But in the second half when they scored like 28 unanswered points, it sure felt like a typical Big Ten ass-beating to me!

Didn’t we just abandon the middle in the 2nd Half ? I had always said Wright-Collins is a stud and can run up the middle. We will be fine next year at RB with him, Kyle,and Young.
No the middle was taken away as pointed out. It was a weakness for us all year. The good news those guys are mostly young and we return around 8 guys who have played numerous snaps at IOL. If Sutton come back which I assume he will we have a bunch of guys fighting for 2 spots. Hit the weights, get your head in the film room and perfect your craft. Then we will be able to run up the middle.

Reactions: Scarlet83
A couple of other things I thought- in the first half, if I had never seen Rutgers during the season, I would have said “This is a fun offense”

my other thought…it magically took no practices for Youngblood to figure out how to run routes and catch a ball as well as return kicks. What kind of trouble did this kid get into to be snubbed all year?

THIS
THIS
and THIS

Had QB dead to rights twice on 3rd and long, and couldn’t make a 1 on 1 tackle.

They scored TD’s both times.

DAGGERS.
We had guys on the DL that I don’t recall all year long. Those penalties killed us as well. And what I don’t understand- OL/DL are usually checking with the refs if they are lined up ok…

Georgia Football has a coaching staff of 11 and a support staff of 42! These so-called “schools” have become mega businesses that have tilted the NCAA competitiveness! Rutgers is never going to look like this!
They can afford it…cfb has never been about fairness or competitive balance and with NIL you can kiss any chance of that goodbye. Also by making fun of Georgia as a so-called “school” you take away the fact that they’re actually a highly rated academic institution…in fact more highly rated than Rutgers at least if you believe USNWR

They can afford it…cfb has never been about fairness or competitive balance and with NIL you can kiss any chance of that goodbye. Also by making fun of Georgia as a so-called “school” you take away the fact that they’re actually a highly rated academic institution…in fact more highly rated than Rutgers at least if you believe USNWR
They are just as good at the “metrics” game as some other schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT