ADVERTISEMENT

South Sudan hanging with USA

This isn’t the greatest Team USA ever, but it’s also reflective of how much better other nations have gotten.
No other sport has had the global growth when it comes to quality players. The NBA is truly a world league now.

Reactions: LotusAggressor
The South Sudan team has a New Jersey and Blair Academy back story, The team is funded by Blair grad Luel Dang who played at Duke, was a first round draft pick and NBA All Star. The team is coached by former NBA player and Blair graduate, Royal Ivey. One of their best players is Blair graduate Marial Shayok. The assistant coach is Joe Mantegna . Mantegna is the Blair Head Basketball Coach. He coach Dang, Ivey, and Shayok when they were students at Blair.

Blair is more than a wrestling school.

The problem I have with Team USA is how the team is selected. It seems it's more and more about a popularity contest. Grant Hill was more concerned about looking out for some vets so they could get one last gold medal. Some of these same players once refused to play for team USA or participate is qualifying games, which to me is about earning your spot on the team.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
The problem I have with Team USA is how the team is selected. It seems it's more and more about a popularity contest. Grant Hill was more concerned about looking out for some vets so they could get one last gold medal. Some of these same players once refused to play for team USA or participate is qualifying games, which to me is about earning your spot on the team.
This will always be an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT