ADVERTISEMENT

Sporting News Way too early top 25

Why so much Rutgers distain on here from some of you? Its always the same posters, you stick out like a sore thumb on the free board lol. Sure I'm skeptical as well but our ranking is based on the incoming class and expectations. That's why it's called the "way too early top 25". All the other teams listed other than placement are legitimate top 25 teams. So let's see how it plays out. If you're a true fan have some faith, this school has had enough heartache.

Why so much Rutgers dissension on here from some of you? Its always the same posters, you stick out like a sore thumb on the free board lol. Sure I'm skeptical as well but our ranking is based on the incoming class and expectations. That's why it's called the "way too early top 25". All the other teams listed other than placement are legitimate top 25 teams. So let's see how it plays out. If you're a true fan have some faith, this school has had enough heartache.
Wait, there are many more that will come out of the woodwork to find a way to ridicule anything pro Rutgers.

• Love
Reactions: #1 RUFan
Some of you must live under rocks. Early polls have been a thing for as long as I can remember. At the end of the day it obviously means nothing and someone just having fun projecting next season. It's not that serious
A true fan is reasonable and looks at it that way. He can also look at it that way no matter who they root for. Some on here just look for a reason to knock us.

I look forward to the espn version of this every year and especially this year! It comes out right after the championship game.
The one posted here includes 1 team I was shocked to see so high. I wonder if that’s legit.

Yea who cares. Nobody ever took Fieldhouse Al’s ‘Ryan D’Imperio will win the Heisman’ prediction seriously, or any of his predictions as anything but ridiculous stupidity.

This is the same…. Just internet blather.

Why so much Rutgers distain on here from some of you? Its always the same posters, you stick out like a sore thumb on the free board lol. Sure I'm skeptical as well but our ranking is based on the incoming class and expectations. That's why it's called the "way too early top 25". All the other teams listed other than placement are legitimate top 25 teams. So let's see how it plays out. If you're a true fan have some faith, this school has had enough heartache.
Agreed. I am always appreciative of anything that has even a slight pro-RU spin to it. This type of Top 25 is just fun stuff; I actually wish it was more analytical and fact based, but at least we're not being ignored...and it's not negative press. Go RU!

Agreed. I am always appreciative of anything that has even a slight pro-RU spin to it. This type of Top 25 is just fun stuff; I actually wish it was more analytical and fact based, but at least we're not being ignored...and it's not negative press. Go RU!
Absolutely I'm appreciative too. And yeah it may not come to fruition, but it's nice to be talked about and noticed. Some above don't care, which is fine, then move on. The true Rutgers fanbase always welcomes good news. It's not a big deal to others, which is fine too.

Enjoy the fun and hype that will happen this season. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for Rutgers

Don't waste your time being angry about a preseason poll and how it's useless... literally everyone knows it doesn't mean anything. It's just for fun. At least we have expectations this year and any positive publicity is a good thing

I can't confirm, but I'm hearing that all that shaking going on yesterday was actually the seismic shift in the outlook of RU's revenue sports.

I'll take that bet. That would mean we have the same results as this past season. That's not gonna happen with the big 2.
We shall see. Right now, IMO we signed two much needed bench players in Acuff and Martini as I don’t think either is a B1G starter. Also, Martini doesn’t rebound so we are currently relying on Sommerville (another freshman) as our rim protector and only rebounder. That’s why the next transfer (and hopefully two) is/are so critical.

We will be a legit top 25 team when the official polls come out, it’s just a matter of guessing where we will be - I predict anywhere from 20-24.

Reactions: JavaDunk18
I will take positive press over negative press any day of the week. We do agree still have to see it done on the court
Means nothing in the sense that teams rosters are not even complete yet so it’s kind of stupid. I’ll take the positive hype but they should wait until portal is done.

Why care about this, when the portal movement hasnt even fully begun. Jus in our conference alone. Schools like Michigan and Ohio St might stack up in the portal

Last edited:

Agree!

Last season was our first losing record in five years. If you’ve been a fan for longer than 10 minutes you know that is an unheard of accomplishment for this program.

Last year did nothing to shake my confidence. Very good coach plus great recruiting class and I’ll go so far as saying that ranking is underrating us.

Agree!

Last season was our first losing record in five years. If you’ve been a fan for longer than 10 minutes you know that is an unheard of accomplishment for this program.

Last year did nothing to shake my confidence. Very good coach plus great recruiting class and I’ll go so far as saying that ranking is underrating us.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Agree!

Absolutely. The team in itself is already better on paper than last years. Yes we know it means nothing unless you make something of that. But what's wrong with being positive and having 2 of the top 3 kids in the country? Again some have a problem with being positive and have negative things to say. Same people every time.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Better to be in than not in. And when you are expected to be a top team and ranked early, you get the benefit of the doubt if you take a couple of unexpected losses.

Absolutely. The team in itself is already better on paper than last years. Yes we know it means nothing unless you make something of that. But what's wrong with being positive and having 2 of the top 3 kids in the country? Again some have a problem with being positive and have negative things to say. Same people every time.
Of course we can be positive about RU. What we are saying is it would be better and mean more if they waited just a little longer until rosters could be complete . We are in a dead portal period and many players still have to enter portal and many more currently in process of finding a home. It’s not complicated .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT