ADVERTISEMENT

Sporting News Way too early top 25

They literally call it “way too early top 25”….
It’s their disclaimer right in the title!
They know it’s not just too early, it’s WAY too early. And they tell you, upfront.
They put it out because many people like it, for multiple reasons such as what was already mentioned in this thread.
And yet…. (And here’s the type of thing I’ve never been able to grasp….) some think they should see a message board thread that says “way too early” about an article defined as “way too early”, and then complain that the list is “way too early” to be putting out.
🤦

They literally call it “way too early top 25”….
It’s their disclaimer right in the title!
They know it’s not just too early, it’s WAY too early. And they tell you, upfront.
They put it out because many people like it, for multiple reasons such as what was already mentioned in this thread.
And yet…. (And here’s the type of thing I’ve never been able to grasp….) some think they should see a message board thread that says “way too early” about an article defined as “way too early”, and then complain that the list is “way too early” to be putting out.
🤦

Maybe if they just named it the

“We know this is way too early since rosters are far from set at this point but we are putting this out there: (1) to get clicks; and (2) since many college basketball fans find this stuff fun to discuss (partially because it IS too early) ….. poll”

Maybe THEN some people would get the point and not complain ?

Maybe

Maybe if they just named it the

“We know this is way too early since rosters are far from set at this point but we are putting this out there: (1) to get clicks; and (2) since many college basketball fans find this stuff fun to discuss (partially because it IS too early) ….. poll”

Maybe THEN some people would get the point and not complain ?

Maybe
It's a Rutgers message board, people complain. They're opinionated and no one else is allowed to have their own lol.

Last edited:
Of course we can be positive about RU. What we are saying is it would be better and mean more if they waited just a little longer until rosters could be complete . We are in a dead portal period and many players still have to enter portal and many more currently in process of finding a home. It’s not complicated .
Why do they have to wait a little longer? Because yourself a few people on here said so lol. And during a dead period these are the threads you get. Again, its a "Way too early top 25". The op shared it. It's not complicated

So according to this way too early too 25, the expectations for RU would be a round 1 NCAA win and a loss in round 2.

with 1000s of players in the portal still, this is as useful as a 2025-2026 ranking

Why do they have to wait a little longer? Because yourself a few people on here said so lol. And during a dead period these are the threads you get. Again, its a "Way too early top 25". The op shared it. It's not complicated
No numb nuts it would actually mean more and could be more accurate if they waited until rosters were actually completed. That’s all anyone said. Sorry you don’t get it. But go ahead and get all giddy about the rankings in early April I don’t care. Geez not that big of a deal for you to attack people over it. Move along little boy.

No numb nuts it would actually mean more and could be more accurate if they waited until rosters were actually completed. That’s all anyone said. Sorry you don’t get it. But go ahead and get all giddy about the rankings in early April I don’t care. Geez not that big of a deal for you to attack people over it. Move along little boy.
Obviously you do care. And I didn't attack anyone, the op was attacked for posting. You called me a name, is that attacking? Little boy? That's pretty weak. I could care less about the rankings, never said I was giddy or they were in stone. But go ahead and form an opinion. Sorry if I touched a nerve and only your opinions count on here. You can move along as well.

Reactions: Eagleton96
Ridiculous ranking before while the portal is open. If Pike misses on a solid veteran big man from the portal, we could be less than a .500 team.
Could you imagine this board if that happened!

atomic bomb explosion GIF

Ridiculous ranking before while the portal is open. If Pike misses on a solid veteran big man from the portal, we could be less than a .500 team.
There is no way Rutgers will finish under .500 even without a solid big. Ogbole and Lathan would still be fine as the two centers, though I agree that adding an experienced big man raises the ceiling of this team. If this team finishes under .500 (which I highly doubt would happen barring a plethora of injuries) the coaching staff will likely be on the hot seat.

This is like when fans prop up our football recruiting classes in October.. Show me the final ranking, after all the schools fill out their classes

Way to early top 25 or a fairly good 36 should bring smiles not frowns trying to
make having Rutgers look good a bad thing.
I say enjoy , not treat good vibes given before rosters are set like it shouldn't be happening until just before the season starts .
Maybe a portal player will see the good vibe and decide Rutgers is looking good and want to be a part of that
Bad vibes tend to keep people away

Imagine how much more accurate it would be if they waited until games were played! Maybe all the games! Just put it out after the season imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT