ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Festivities?

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
I am considering bringing the family (two kiddos 4 and under and my wife) to the spring game. Will there be enough here to keep them entertained? I thought I had read that they may have the kids zone stuff set up before hand, which could be fun for them. Any thoughts/suggestions?

honestly its a good thing the clock keeps running. Getting out in sunny warm weather is usually the biggest attraction, the game not so much. Now with the game at night I wonder about the crowd showing up or leaving pretty quickly if its cold out.

Originally posted by bac2therac:

honestly its a good thing the clock keeps running. Getting out in sunny warm weather is usually the biggest attraction, the game not so much. Now with the game at night I wonder about the crowd showing up or leaving pretty quickly if its cold out.
Agreed....night spring game is not attractive at all. I hate regular season night games let alone a spring game. Our group will tail gate in the sun before the spring game and head home to watch it on TV.

I think having the Spring Game at night may cost us some families with the real little kids (say under the age of 8 or so) BUT we will be getting a lot more of the 8-18 group since there is no conflict with baseball,softball,lacrosse,soccer,youth rugby,karate,Boys and Girls Scout activities,not mention more and more towns now have Spring Youth Football. As mentioned before,also no conflict with Rutgers Day events.--Now,if it is 45 degrees and raining,ignore everything I said (if you haven't done so already)

The RU lax team plays Ohio St. at noon that day at the stadium. Game is also national on ESPNU.

Good opportunity to spend the whole day there.

A double header at the stadium with lax would have been very cool. That's
too long if a gap to catch both.

Originally posted by Caliknight:

The RU lax team plays Ohio St. at noon that day at the stadium. Game is also national on ESPNU.

The lacrosse team does not play on the same day. They play Ohio State the next day on Saturday. It could have been a great double header but another reason why Friday night is a bad idea.

Originally posted by WhiteBus:
Originally posted by Caliknight:

The lacrosse team does not play on the same day. They play Ohio State the next day on Saturday. It could have been a great double header but another reason why Friday night is a bad idea.
Ya got to let it go. BTN asked for Friday and we agreed. While not ideal for some it's better for others and it gets our spring game LIVE on national TV. Not to many years ago there were threads on this board about how crazy it was that Florida's spring game was on TV.

LoL some of you guys are so ridiculous. Perpetual complainers. Saying you hate night games in general lol what on earth. . .

Originally posted by IL Lusciato:
LoL some of you guys are so ridiculous. Perpetual complainers. Saying you hate night games in general lol what on earth. . .
First off my post was a correction about the misinformation about the lacrosse game being on Friday. It is not. And the possibility of a double header would have been great.

I hope all of you didn't go to RU because your reading comprehension skills suck.

This post was edited on 3/31 6:08 AM by WhiteBus

In terms of regular season night games, you'd understand if you were a long time college football fan and traditionalist. College games should be played on Saturday afternoons. The better games are and the games of lessor interest aren't. So, it's not just "you guys" that feel that way.
Originally posted by IL Lusciato:

Really? So those 8:00 games on ABC during the season are not 'big' games? More and more marquee games are being moved to night games across all the networks. It's been trending this way for over 15 years now. Check out which Notre Dame games end up in prime time. Hint not the one's vs Wake Forest or NC State.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Think about it.If you love RU FB ,you go to the Game.It is an opportunity to see the kids LIVE and in the Flesh. The last time seems like an eternity ago.Also consider that there is NO FB again until August and then,practices are CLOSED .That seeing the players LIVE wont happen until the First Game. ENJOY YOURSELVES YOU LUCKY PEOPLE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT