ADVERTISEMENT

Spurts

ouchmyknee

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
Best way to sum up today’s game is using the word “spurts”. I never take too much stock in the first few games because they really are a feeling out period. That said, tonight I saw spurts of some good things.

I thought the defense played very well in spurts and was probably better than what we think based on the score. I also saw spurts of great rebounding where we swarmed the glass. Tez has a knack for rebounding.

I also saw spurts of decent ball movement. I love seeing Paul get the ball at the top of the key. If he can develop a decent shot from there, he can be lethal.

the two things I didn’t see spurts of were good shooting or good foul shooting. I do think we’re a better shooting team than we saw today. We just happened to have pretty bad nights from Geo and RHJ. Going forward we’re going to need at least one of those guys to be on.

most important thing is we got the w. Hopefully we got rid of the rust.

One last thing. Hobbs spend some time near us today and one of our bigger donors walked by and said something about a new football coach and Hobbs smiled, shook his hand, and said “I told you I’d make you happy.” No idea what that means but I thought it was interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT