ADVERTISEMENT

***Staff Introductions***

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Richard Schnyderite (Recruiting Analyst/Publisher): Hello everybody! I’d like to think most of you know already know who I am based on the last few years of grinding for you right here on this Rutgers/Rivals site. For those of you who have yet to read my work, here’s just a brief
glimpse of how I got here. My journalism career started in 2015 when myself, Ryan Lance and some others started a Rutgers247 site. After spending a year over there, I was approached by the Rutgers/Rivals site in March of 2016 and I have remained with the site since that time. Additionally, I’ve contributed articles to various other sites on the Rivals network such as Duke, Minnesota, UConn, Syracuse, and Maryland. On a personal note, I was born and raised in good ole’ Central New Jersey (yes it’s really a thing) in South Amboy, aka the same town as current Rutgers Offensive Lineman, Nick Krimin. In closing, if you have any questions related to Rutgers or want to discuss anything else, feel free to ask!

Ryan Lance (Senior Editor): Hey all, some of you may have seen my stories on the site over the last few months and you’ll continue to do so as I’ll be the Editor of the site. I was the former Publisher of the Rutgers247 site before their merger with Scout so I look forward to continuing to provide you all with up-to-date coverage on Rutgers recruiting and team news.

Chris Nalwasky (Staff Writer): What is going on everybody? I’m Chris Nalwasky and I am super pumped to be writing for TheKnightReport.net on the Rivals network. I have been itching to get back to covering Rutgers athletics. For those of you who I don’t know, I was the football and men’s basketball beat writer for the Rutgers/247 site for about a year and a half until this past October when the site merged with Scout. As far as my other journalism work, I also cover high school sports for NJ Advance Media (NJ.com) and freelance for a couple local TAPinto.net sites. With TAP, I gained experience covering Rutgers wrestling over the past three seasons starting when I was an intern. I spent some time with DoubleGSport.com as well while in college. I’m also a “loyal son” and I grew up along with still live right here in Piscataway (PHS ‘11). I graduated from Rutgers in 2016 and attended Middlesex County College before that. I love New Jersey and am very proud to be from here. Feel free to ask me anything and (please) follow me on Twitter@ChrisWasky if you don’t already. I look forward to getting to know the community here and hope you enjoy my content.

Jay Gomes (Hoops Recruiting Analyst): I’ve covered the college and high school basketball and recruiting scene for the past 23 years with NJ Hoops. I’m also a former columnist for Eastern Basketball Magazine and I’ve also written profiles for teams, coaches and players in various elite level high school tournament programs. I’ve been quoted in the NY Times, USA Today, NY Post, Star-Ledger, Asbury Park Press, Courier News and Basketball America among others. A long-time member of the United States Basketball Writers Association and have been the NJ nominating source for the prestigious McDonald’s All American game. Along with writing I’m also the color analyst for radio and college game broadcasts of both college and high school games in New Jersey including games on Verizon Fios and SportsNetAmerica.com. Last but not least I’m published NJ Hoops Recruiting Report (a NCAA Certified Scouting Service) for the past 23 years.

Lex Knapp (Wrestling Analyst): My name is Lex Knapp, and I am excited to be covering Rutgers Wrestling for Rivals.com. This is a topic I am particularly passionate about, as I am a Rutgers Wrestling alumnus. My background in wrestling dates back to kindergarten, where I first began wrestling in my hometown of Forked River, NJ. I attended Lacey Township High School where I was a four year varsity starter at 189lbs. and 220lbs. Throughout my high school career I was a two-time NHSCA All-American, a two-time District 24 Champion, 2012 Region 6 Champion and Most Outstanding Wrestler, and 2012 NJSIAA State Runner Up. I went on to Rutgers University to study Planning and Public Policy and to wrestle for Coach Goodale and the Scarlet Knights from 2012-2016. I look forward to using my wrestling background and experience with the Rutgers Wrestling program to provide the most insightful knowledge to the Rutgers faithful.

Juan Pablo Guarin-Camargo (Staff Writer): Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Juan and it is my pleasure to being given the chance to write for The Knight Report on the Rivals Network. Prior to having joined TKR, I was a recruiting beat writer for the Armchair All Americans’ covering Rutgers Football recruiting. I wrote pieces surrounding game tape breakdowns, interviews with athletes from the 2018 and 2019 recruiting classes, and so much more. I also have a weekly radio show called “That Juan Show” which I host as sort of a news commentator where we talk about daily stories throughout the world. I’m looking forward to getting a chance to write about my Alma Mater’s football team because to me it is a dream come true. As a sports fan and journalist, I could not ask for anything better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News