ADVERTISEMENT

Start yelling at Barchi. Here's his next public appearance I could find.

mconvente

Redshirt
Nov 20, 2012
Nothing will change unless Barchi knows alumni are absolutely pissed off at what is going on. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Maybe it won't do any good, but it sure will feel good to confront this arrogant prick in person.

Here is Barchi's next public appearance, the opening of the Rutgers Alumni House in Van Nest Hall. Friday, October 19 from 5:30-7:30pm.

We need to confront Barchi in person and say this to him, over and over and over again:

"When, as President of a university in the elite Big Ten Conference, are you going to accept that such responsibility demands effort into ALL aspects of that job, which includes genuine work toward fielding competitive athletics programs? Stop being deluded that Rutgers was invited for academics only (Nebraska doesn't even have AAU status), and start taking athletics as serious as you do academics. If you aren't up for that job, then thanks for the merger, but please retire and get out of the way."

I will keep looking for more public events and post them when I find them. I'm pretty sure each Senate meeting has a public section, so maybe we can attend those as well.​

Reactions: ru1869
Nothing will change unless Barchi knows alumni are absolutely pissed off at what is going on. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Maybe it won't do any good, but it sure will feel good to confront this arrogant prick in person.

Here is Barchi's next public appearance, the opening of the Rutgers Alumni House in Van Nest Hall. Friday, October 19 from 5:30-7:30pm.

We need to confront Barchi in person and say this to him, over and over and over again:

"When, as President of a university in the elite Big Ten Conference, are you going to accept that such responsibility demands effort into ALL aspects of that job, which includes genuine work toward fielding competitive athletics programs? Stop being deluded that Rutgers was invited for academics only (Nebraska doesn't even have AAU status), and start taking athletics as serious as you do academics. If you aren't up for that job, then thanks for the merger, but please retire and get out of the way."

I will keep looking for more public events and post them when I find them. I'm pretty sure each Senate meeting has a public section, so maybe we can attend those as well.​

This isn’t his fault

Don’t think Barchi cares as long as those B1G checks keep coming in...it’s like the small market baseball teams that get revenue sharing and have little incentive to actually spend ownership money

Don’t think Barchi cares as long as those B1G checks keep coming in...it’s like the small market baseball teams that get revenue sharing and have little incentive to actually spend ownership money

Well, we're from NJ, so getting loud at yelling at morons is bound to give us some satisfaction. Sometimes you just have to blow some steam off.

But yes, I've been thinking of that comparison. Barchi is the owner of a MLB team that just collects the Yankees luxury tax money and does nothing to improve the team.

Someone needs to get it through this arrogant prick's head that the money we will give up from terrible ticket sales will be made up from an exciting and personable coach. This year is a sunk cost, but will there even be 10,000 season ticket sales next year? Why spend $350 minimum on seasons when you can buy some other sucker's extra tickets for like $10 on Stubhub?

God, I cannot stand Barchi. Ash sucks big time as well.

Reactions: JCKnight
Well, we're from NJ, so getting loud at yelling at morons is bound to give us some satisfaction. Sometimes you just have to blow some steam off.

But yes, I've been thinking of that comparison. Barchi is the owner of a MLB team that just collects the Yankees luxury tax money and does nothing to improve the team.

Someone needs to get it through this arrogant prick's head that the money we will give up from terrible ticket sales will be made up from an exciting and personable coach. This year is a sunk cost, but will there even be 10,000 season ticket sales next year? Why spend $350 minimum on seasons when you can buy some other sucker's extra tickets for like $10 on Stubhub?

God, I cannot stand Barchi. Ash sucks big time as well.
The only difference is...Rutgers will collect that $50 million dollar check so long as they simply continue to field a team, they never have to win a game they don’t have to put any money back into the program...Barchi can collect that check have an empty stadium on saturdays and use that money to build out academic infrastructure and the trustees will love him for it...unlike in baseball where the owners can force another owner to invest or sell I believe...I do not think the conference can threaten to kick RU out for a bad football team

The only difference is...Rutgers will collect that $50 million dollar check so long as they simply continue to field a team, they never have to win a game they don’t have to put any money back into the program...Barchi can collect that check have an empty stadium on saturdays and use that money to build out academic infrastructure and the trustees will love him for it...unlike in baseball where the owners can force another owner to invest or sell I believe...I do not think the conference can threaten to kick RU out for a bad football team

I thought the B1G requires that money be spent on athletics? Or at least a substantial part of it. It's not just a pile of money to the overall budget.

I thought the B1G requires that money be spent on athletics? Or at least a substantial part of it. It's not just a pile of money to the overall budget.
It would make sense but...I’ve never read that...if it’s true then disregard most of my point lol

Yes, University Senate meetings (it meets roughly every month) feature a speech at each meeting by Barchi or his representative. There is an opportunity to ask questions. The Senate is composed of representatives from students, faculty, administrators and staff. The faculty members are mostly union people, and they hate athletics. The administrators will do anything Barchi says, quite understandably. It's hard to generalize about the students, but, in my nine years of being a University Senator (bleah!) I never heard one mention athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT