ADVERTISEMENT

Suggestion for fans

Night Man

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2006
I try not to get too caught up in the tenor of the fan base. But right now it seems like we're on rough seas. Not necessarily the case, but it does seem far less stable than recent offseasons. However, right now we've only lost the guys who were honored on senior night. If we lose one more, that's absolutely par for the course, if not a little better. And the portal is not a one-way street.

So, I suggest:

1. Accept that there's a good chance that next year will be a little bit of a rebuilding year with a chance of matching the past two years if they overachieve.
2. Take 5 months off and see what the roster looks like in September instead of following every move, every tweet, every piece of speculation.
3. Show up to the RAC in November with all the vocal energy you saved up this past year.

It really is strange. We’ve lost two guys we expected to lose. And there could be one or two others that also wouldn’t be surprises. We will use the portal to our advantage as well.

We just made the tournament and were one play away from the Sweet 16. Strange to see how angry/concerned the fan base is.

I swear the tone of this board is more negative than it was in like 2017. I don’t get it at all.
It’s really like just 2 or 3 trolls who dislike Geo because he let his feelings on social justice be known on Twitter last summer and they’ve essentially been rooting against him ever since. They’re now using the NIL thing as the latest excuse for being somehow offended by him. Basically a couple of “shut up and dribble” clowns. They want so badly to believe a completely unsubstantiated rumor that he’s hated by his teammates and is destroying the team from within that they keep trying to perpetuate this as some sort of fact.

The ones that are bashing Pike basically don’t know anything about the landscape of college basketball today or have an appreciation for the miraculous job he has done to get the biggest punchline in college basketball to the place where we can be disappointed because we blew a game that could’ve put us in a legit position to go to the freaking Final Four.

Last edited:
Some of our posters acted as if it was our birthright to go to the Final Four. Haven't been to the damn tournament in 30 years and they act like we were owed something

Reactions: dpwhite and KevH
How about:

1. Post my same 3 grievances on the board every day
2. Make up stories about locker room drama, soap opera style
3. Call for Pikiell to be fired and replaced by Tubby Smith
4. Blame society’s ills on Geo
5. Guarantee championship in 2022

?

You forgot 6. Weave in Covid/Vaccine conspiracy theories whenever possible.

It’s really like just 2 or 3 trolls who dislike Geo because he let his feelings on social justice be known on Twitter last summer and they’ve essentially been rooting against him ever since. They’re now using the NIL thing as the latest excuse for being somehow offended by him. Basically a couple of “shut up and dribble” clowns. They want so badly to believe a completely unsubstantiated rumor that he’s hated by his teammates and is destroying the team from within that they keep trying to perpetuate this as some sort of fact.

The ones that are bashing Pike basically don’t know anything about the landscape of college basketball today or have an appreciation for the miraculous job he has done to get the biggest punchline in college basketball to the place where we can be disappointed because we blew a game that could’ve put us in a legit position to go to the freaking Final Four.

Well said.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Have a little confidence in the Coaching staff and optimism for the future. They've earned that. Players come and go. That's College Sports. No long term employee contracts in place for players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT