ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano Represents USA Wrestling at 2021 Henri Deglane Grand Prix

Go Nick! Bring home the title!

It will be very interesting to see the improvement in Nick's Freestyle since his matches about 12 months ago when he wrestled Seth Gross and Arujau in close bouts where Nick had early leads and lost in very close matches. I'm especially curious how much better he got at leg laces.

Are there brackets anywhere?

I don't see any yet.
Here is a link to the the UWW event itself:

And here is a link to the 57Kg FS rankings, I don't know when it was last updated or when next updates occur.

It ranks up to 20. Notable names- Steve Micic (Serbia) ranked #2, Gilman ranked #18, and Colon ranked #20.

This is a big opportunity, and litmus test for Nick Suriano.

Action starts 4:30 am , EST, on Saturday. If you don't have a Flo subscription anymore, their free FloArena usually shows live updates.

I rely heavily on the kindness of strangers to update me here. 😁

Action starts 4:30 am , EST, on Saturday. If you don't have a Flo subscription anymore, their free FloArena usually shows live updates.
[/QUOTE]

Nick is on the bottom and has a bye will probably face a guy from AZE .Gilman and Vito are on the top.Gilman has Edisherashvili AZE winner gets Vito

Erynyx0XcAMu-yM

Great Chance to Make the Finals. Couldn't ask for a better draw. All the competitors are tough. Go Nicky!

Nicky has a wrestler from Georgia. It is on Flo, Time depends on outcome of other matches. Go Suriano Go RU

To those in the know, what is the level of this tournament in comparison to the highest levels (World's, Olympics)? Is this just a get together of some good wrestlers from around the world or a more prestigious tournament? Thank you.

Oh, and go Nick!!!

To those in the know, what is the level of this tournament in comparison to the highest levels (World's, Olympics)? Is this just a get together of some good wrestlers from around the world or a more prestigious tournament? Thank you.

Oh, and go Nick!!!
Guy Nick just beat 7-0 from AZE beat Micic 9-1 in June 2019.Nick should be up again around 11:15 or so

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Guy Nick just beat 7-0 from AZE beat Micic 9-1 in June 2019.Nick should be up again around 11:15 or so

I appreciate the update and that is a great win and obviously the AZE dude is no slouch. Are these the best of the best competition there I guess is my question? Or is it a mix of some really good wrestlers, but not the highest of the elite? I dont follow freestyle or the rankings too much, although I did see Micic ranked #2...was that in the world rankings?

I appreciate the update and that is a great win and obviously the AZE dude is no slouch. Are these the best of the best competition there I guess is my question? Or is it a mix of some really good wrestlers, but not the highest of the elite? I dont follow freestyle or the rankings too much, although I did see Micic ranked #2...was that in the world rankings?
It's a mix none of the top guys are there but are some good guys in the bracket.Micic is #2 in Ncaa rankings not the World.

FREESTYLE / 57 KG (Semifinals

Thomas GILMAN USA
Islam BAZARGANOV AZERBAIDJAN

Nick SURIANO USA
Beka BUJIASHVILI GEORGIE

It's a mix none of the top guys are there but are some good guys in the bracket.Micic is #2 in Ncaa rankings not the World.

That certainly makes much more sense to me. I though I saw him ranked #2, but it was surrounded by other international wrestlers and not collegiate ones, which made no sense to me. Maybe I had a few too many high powered New England IPAs that night. Thanks for the correction.

It’s a decent tournament. Vito is no joke and will be tough to beat.

Related news, Gross got man handled by McKenna this week. Of course that was 65KG.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT