ADVERTISEMENT

Rivera Carries Weight of Nation into Paris Olympics

Man, losing Pritzlaff and now Riveria would be devastating to this coaching staff.

Boys let’s just enjoy the day that RU has an Olympic bronze medalist trained by Scott Goodsle, Donny, Buxton, Pollard and Mytach. I have seen that in practice. Only PSU and Iowa can say that
Gulp

Well, that seals things I guess...hope we are all wrong

This fkng blows

Marcos Costas posts on X
@coachGoodale @Cbass_Rivera
Began following Rutgers Wrestling in 2007. National Champions, Big Ten champions, U 23 World champion, multiple years of multiple all-Americans, top 10 NCAA finish, top 30 in NCAA consistently, but THIS Sea Bass performance tastes extra good! Great team effort, Cosches + Sebastian

Marcos Costas posts on X
@coachGoodale @Cbass_Rivera
Began following Rutgers Wrestling in 2007. National Champions, Big Ten champions, U 23 World champion, multiple years of multiple all-Americans, top 10 NCAA finish, top 30 in NCAA consistently, but THIS Sea Bass performance tastes extra good! Great team effort, Cosches + Sebastian

I took his comments the same way…he’s going with Donny. Sucks two of the three best wrestlers ever at RU go into coaching and coach within a 50 mile radius of RU.
I took his comments to mean RU. The dude loves Jersey, why would I assume he’s going to Columbia?
I have no idea. Who here does know and have they shared definitively 1 way or the other?

Still hoping we can keep him. We’ll see I guess.
I hope so too. I think Rutgers offers the better roster and competition. If the relationship is the decider, he'll go with Donny. If he goes with Donny and some of the recent good recruits flip, that makes a bad situation that much worse. Those kids came expecting Donny and Rivera to be here. NYC is expensive to live and work. I hope Rutgers is competitive or better with their offer.

Reactions: elvis7
I hope so too. I think Rutgers offers the better roster and competition. If the relationship is the decider, he'll go with Donny. If he goes with Donny and some of the recent good recruits flip, that makes a bad situation that much worse. Those kids came expecting Donny and Rivera to be here. NYC is expensive to live and work. I hope Rutgers is competitive or better with their offer.
Who is going to flip?

Haha...Your hatred of Goodale just never ends...Thats your opinion. No recruit is flipping and all of a sudden going Ivy League...Those recruits came to Rutgers to wrestle in the Best Conference in USA and in one of the best Wrestling atmospheres in America...Columbia Home matches get about 43 people attending match for free on a good night..They get more fans at a good Middle School match in Pa and NJ...but You keep Preaching how bad Our situation is after signing the #4class in USA

What position on the Rutgers coaching staff is open that can be offered to Rivera? Please clarify. Thanks. $$$$

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Nobody. Just a guy creating problems that don’t exist as usual. No impactful recruit decides to go to big 10 school and then flips to bottom tier Ivy League because of an assistant coaching change
I agree, Kids go to the IVY league for career choices(Wall Street). They are not our competition. IMO

We return NCAA Qullifiers at every weight...just signed the #4 recruiting class in USA...but 1 or 2 guys want to yell about how bad our situation is because we lost Donny...probably Rider or Princeton fans that would pray to sniff RU Wrestling right now

I think all our assistant spots are full, but I think there's a recruiting spot or something they added.
There’s plenty of ways around the coaching limit, just can’t have more than 3 in the corner of a match. Labriola is just as accomplished as Rivera in the folkstyle game so if Rivera is hired I don’t think not having him in the corner is a huge deal unless it’s a dealbreaker for him. He’d be sitting just off the mat anyway. It probably would make a little more sense for Mytych to slide into the recruiting role but whatever, I’m not going to make a huge deal out of it. Having Rivera in the room is the important part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT