ADVERTISEMENT

Tai Strickland

Is it true that Pikiell will be in attendance?
I expect him to be there but Strickland didn't give me names of Coaches.

However last week, Tai said that Coach Pikiell told him that he'd come see him first chance he got.

Maryland popped up out of nowhere.

I expect him to be there but Strickland didn't give me names of Coaches.

However last week, Tai said that Coach Pikiell told him that he'd come see him first chance he got.

Maryland popped up out of nowhere.

@RussHoops.....will you be at this playoff game tonight for Strickland??

Yes. For Strickland, his teammate Serrel Smith (he'll be asking for his release from Ole Miss) and Justyn King (a LM/MM kid I really like).

The updates on Strickland, Smith and where you think Smith wants to go after he secures his release would be interesting...is Smith headed to another SEC destination??

Strickland is a player that seems to have generated a lot of momentum in a short amount of time.

Reactions: RutHut
With the way he played tonight, Strickland should pick up at least two offers if the SMU head coach is here

Rutgers did not offer Strickland tonight
Russ, you're being a little subtle, but I hope you don't think RU is missing the bus on this one. Why would they be with the head coach and top assistant down there? I'll do my best to read between the lines.

Russ, you're being a little subtle, but I hope you don't think RU is missing the bus on this one. Why would they be with the head coach and top assistant down there? I'll do my best to read between the lines.

Might be a wait-and-see situation with Sanders.

If the kid is a legit 6'2" and has OK academics and no baggage he's a no brainer - already a better PG than Sanders.

I was typing while walking across the parking lot and someone came over to talk to me so I hit "post reply" just to let you guys know that RU did not offer, according to Tai who told me that Pikiell liked what he saw but wanted to see him play some more.

I was pretty surprised RU did not offer after the game. He was the high scorer for the game with 24 points. Scored at all three levels, defended. He didn't facilitate too much tonight. Most of St. Petersburg's points came off of ISO, transition and free throws.

Strickland and Smith combined for 44 of their team's 72 points. One kid had 10, almost all on putbacks, another kid had 8 and the rest was balanced.

I didn't see the SMU coach but someone told me it was the head coach. That's why I thought Strickland would get two offers tonight: Rutgers and SMU. However the SMU coach at the game was not the head coach, Pikiell was the only head coach at the game.

You wonder how many other PG's we will look at before thinking harder about a kid like Tavon Jones from Linden. I assume all of these guys project better at the P-5 level?

You wonder how many other PG's we will look at before thinking harder about a kid like Tavon Jones from Linden. I assume all of these guys project better at the P-5 level?
The last time I saw Jones he was playing shooting guard not point guard. He may be a combo, but if he is he's an off ball combo.

Highlight video of the game and coaches there (Coach Pike):

He seriously looks like a 4-star, better than McClung. Why is he not rated higher? How's his shot? BBall IQ?

He seriously looks like a 4-star, better than McClung. Why is he not rated higher? How's his shot? BBall IQ?
Watched 2 game vids of him tonight. Kids a really good pg, would love to have him

Strickland has always been a solid player but the role he played on his previous HS team and his AAU team didn't really allow him to showcase his full skill set. Also he grew several inches. He can shoot it well enough to keep the defense honest. His basketball IQ is very good.

Reactions: RUMountie
Maryland will be back to see Tai on Tuesday as will SMU and UMass. UMass got stuck in Connecticut (connecting flight I guess) and didn't arrive at his game Thursday until the 4th quarter. That explains why I didn't see them. Tai thinks Wisconsin will be back down Tuesday as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT