ADVERTISEMENT

Tasha

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
She is coming back as an assistant as is another previous head coach from the SEC. Looks like a decent staff. Looks like Brooks will be playing for Staley.

Wow. Thanks Richard. To piggyback the please elaborate… what are your thoughts about them? SEC coach sounds like a plus. Can they recruit??

She is coming back as an assistant as is another previous head coach from the SEC. Looks like a decent staff. Looks like Brooks will be playing for Staley.
Where are you hearing this from? Can’t find anything online. Who are you hearing for the third assistant spot?

We could use some good news!

Reactions: MADHAT1
The coach of NC State is Wes Moore, not Staley. Now he has Brooks and Diamond Johnson. Dawn is at South Carolina.
Don't get what you are sayin. I know where he coaches, and where Staley is at. I was talking about Zoe Brooks, being so close to the RAC.

Don't get what you are sayin. I know where he coaches, and where Staley is at. I was talking about Zoe Brooks, being so close to the RAC.
RU 72 says above that Zoe Brooks is playing for Staley and she is not. I just wanted to make sure that is clear. That’s all.

It was late May when the Assistant Coach search started. No good options would be available. Does that just about sum up your original position ?
Actually no. Your position was the late start was not a big deal. My position was the late start limited the pool of potential candidates. I never said we could not end up with a good coach or good assistants. Our entire discussion revolved around whether the late start was a disadvantage.

Another blown opportunity within almost walking distance to RAC. Damn you Dawn Staley. She is stacked with talent. Glad I like, and super respect her.
I wonder if UVA (her alma mater) wishes they had hired her…lucky chickens!

Richard shares when he can, so be patient.
I'm wondering why RU isn't announcing the hire(s)?
Could be Hobbs is in talks with Tasha , but nothing settled yet and until settled, not hired yet
Same goes for the former SEC coach that someone implied hired.
If either Tasha or the ex SEC coach was hired , Hobbs needs to announce it so positive news about the program can be shared with its fans.

The secrecy surrounding the RU WBB program over the coaching search now > if hiring assistant(s) true < and at the end of Stringer's tenure is making the fanbase's perception of the WBB program more of a mess ( in my opinion) than there should be once CVS retired and CW was hired.

How hard can it be to announce assistants were hired, if they were?

edit: should have stated "Could be CW is in talks with Tasha",then complained about Hobbs not announcing the hire, if one was made .
I'm just frustrated thinking an assistant was hired and nothing announced 🤬

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Scarletwoman
Could be Hobbs is in talks with Tasha , but nothing settled yet and until settled, not hired yet
If either Tasha or the ex SEC coach was hired , Hobbs needs to announce it so positive news about the program can be shared with its fans.

The secrecy surrounding the RU WBB program over the coaching search now > if hiring assistant(s) true < and at the end of Stringer's tenure is making the fanbase's perception of the WBB program more of a mess ( in my opinion) than there should be once CVS retired and CW was hired.

I’m thinking they are either waiting until the staff is complete or their contracts are finalized and approved.
Do assistant coaches contracts need to be approved by the BOG like the head coaches contract?

The AD has very little to do with “hiring” assistants. They provide budget and do background searches and cursory “handshake” interviews.
What I am very surprised with is that Hobbs didn’t make sure that these assistants weren’t in place prior to Coquese being hired.

• Haha

If Hobbs is in talks with Tasha…something is wrong/off. Assistants, in any sport, are the purview of the hired coach. That would be some ridiculous level of micromanaging.

If Hobbs is in talks with Tasha…something is wrong/off. Assistants, in any sport, are the purview of the hired coach. That would be some ridiculous level of micromanaging.
Meant Hobbs needs to announce the hiring, if hired , not him being the one doing the hiring instead of CW.
Sorry if my message came out different than that.( edited it to show that mistake)
Just a little pissed thinking an assistant ( maybe two) were hired and no announcement made.
This program needs goods news, not secrecy when a positive move is made

Last edited:
In the abstract, I suppose. But Dawn was at South Carolina 3 years before Debbie Ryan retired, and 3 of Debbie's last 5 years featured over 20 wins, with NCAA appearances in each (2 2nd rounds, 1 first). Debbie was as much a legend as Vivian, clearly performing respectably, cancer survivor, etc.

If Dawn was still at Temple when Debbie retired, I'm sure they would have looked at her. I don't think they were going to upend her after only 3 years at South Carolina, years she was building the program from under .500 to above .500.

But yes, hindsight being 20/20 I would imagine they wish.

In the abstract, I suppose. But Dawn was at South Carolina 3 years before Debbie Ryan retired, and 3 of Debbie's last 5 years featured over 20 wins, with NCAA appearances in each (2 2nd rounds, 1 first). Debbie was as much a legend as Vivian, clearly performing respectably, cancer survivor, etc.

If Dawn was still at Temple when Debbie retired, I'm sure they would have looked at her. I don't think they were going to upend her after only 3 years at South Carolina, years she was building the program from under .500 to above .500.

Reactions: anon_ivydyf0amkzay

edit: should have stated "Could be CW is in talks with Tasha",then complained about Hobbs not announcing the hire, if one was made .
I'm just frustrated thinking an assistant was hired and nothing announced 🤬
Typically, staffs take 3-4 weeks, 21-28 days. We are currently at day 18 since the HC was hired. It took Pikiell 22 days back in 2016.

Yes about hindsight…is she headed to geno or pat numbers? Well who knows…but she’s a rung or ten above

Typically, staffs take 3-4 weeks, 21-28 days. We are currently at day 18 since the HC was hired. It took Pikiell 22 days back in 2016.
I'm talking about being notified after the hire, not usual length of hunt.
It was implied Tasha and/or an ex SEC coach was hired as an assistant and someone posted :
"Richard shares when he can, so be patient."

My rant was about hiring an assistant and not letting anyone know about the hire, if someone was hired.
How hard is it to let the media know so& so was added to CW's staff as an assistant.
You would think good news should travel fast when all sorts of negatives seemed to be surrounding the program

I’m thinking they are either waiting until the staff is complete or their contracts are finalized and approved.
Do assistant coaches contracts need to be approved by the BOG like the head coaches contract?
Contracts being finalized probably is the reason, staff being completed seems a bit odd to hold off letting the fan base know CW brought in an assistant .

Its not necessary to announce all the assistant coaches at the same time.Some positive news is needed now.

New contracts start July 1. They may be waiting to be closer to that along with getting full staff in place. Recruiting for top talent in 2022 is unfortunately done, though 2023 may be a late start.

Wow, some people have gone from "Rutgers will never get good assistants this late" to "Rutgers is not announcing the good assistant hires fast enough".

There is always something to complain about for some people.
why hold off announcing someone was hired., if in fact an assistant was?
With the state RU WBB is in now , good news should be put out ASAP if only to settle down a fanbase that has seen mostly negatives and not feeling so good about how the program is looking.

If in the hiring stage and not completed yet , yes then it's better not to say someone was hired in case something gums up the works and candidate turns down job.

If in the hiring stage and not completed yet , yes then it's better not to say someone was hired in case something gums up the works and candidate turns down job.
This would be the likely case of what's going on right now. Seems like a lag time between the time it's known to the time it's announced is common these days.

Nadine Domond was known to be the new coach at VSU just days, maybe not even a week, after CVS announced retirement. She wasn't officially introduced as VSU coach until June 1st by the university.

why hold off announcing someone was hired., if in fact an assistant was?
With the state RU WBB is in now , good news should be put out ASAP if only to settle down a fanbase that has seen mostly negatives and not feeling so good about how the program is looking.

Who said the hire was finalized ? That's when you announce something. You don't announce, "We expect to hire Coach XXX, she just needs to sign the contract".

What do you think? Would we probably be best served to hire a male for the third spot??

I know whomever it is, they need to be able to develop post players. We've needed that for a while now. .........Tina Thompson still fits if a good male asst. is not the way that they decide to go.

I, personally, like the balance of including a male asst. coach.

• Sad
Who said the hire was finalized ? That's when you announce something. You don't announce, "We expect to hire Coach XXX, she just needs to sign the contract".
True what you said, I took this as a done deal:
"She is coming back as an assistant as is another previous head coach from the SEC. Looks like a decent staff."
So posted that way and if you bothered to read this :" I'm talking about being notified after the hire", in a previous reply from me , you'd see what I meant and I meant if deal was finalized.
Seems like you're complaints have been set straight before but you keep on posting them.

And by the way this shows( in a post I put on this thread) when what I said is shown to be wrong
I correct it :
(edit: should have stated "Could be CW is in talks with Tasha",then complained about Hobbs not announcing the hire, if one was made . I had said:Could be Hobbs is in talks with Tasha , but nothing settled yet and until settled, not hired yet )

Last edited:
How about hiring Sue Wicks, Patti Coyle, or even Theresa Grentz as an assistant.
Seriously? Sure Sue is going to give up her business to lend her out-of-date basketball experience to this mess…that’ll work just dandy! 😆😆😆

• Haha
I'd consider Sue Wicks also, if she were interested. Her knowledge of fundamentals is valuable across eras of bball.

There are so many former players that may be a good fit for working with our post players. You already know I like TT as an option. Other names would be...
Tierra Ruffin-Pratt, Rebekah Brunson, Jennifer Gillom, Yolanda Griffith, Taj McWilliams-Franklin(sat across from her at an RU game a few years back)

More recent players who may not be able to stick in the WNBA........
Bella Alarie(familiar with NJ, played at Princeton)
Tiana Hawkins
Imani McGhee-Stafford or her mom Pam McGhee

Also, Crystal Langhorne(retired)- from Jersey

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT