ADVERTISEMENT

Temple Game 4th Q - The Response

DaveSNJ

All American
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2001
Going into the Temple game I was curious to see how QB1 and the team responded to winning a pretty big game v. NW week 1. I was hoping to see consistency and no let down, especially after glowing reviews from fans and media alike, very easy for a team to have a let down game.

In the 3rd quarter the team looked like it hit a wall, maybe even a little disinterest certainly looked like the offensive play calling was lack luster and heading in to the 4th quarter Temple was driving and looking like they were playing with more confidence. The Temple drive culminated into an early 4th Q TD and Im not sure about others but the thought crossed my mind this was going to be a dog fight with Temple and it really didnt need to be, I was concerned.

However I saw a team (offense and defense, but especially the O) and QB1 take a major step in development and maturation. Although Wimsatt didn't throw the ball that much he did influence play with his delayed hand offs to KM. Wimsatt wasnt perfect by any stretch and was a little off with some of his throws he had some beauties hitting RBs in stride out of the backfield.

It was the collective team's dominant response - 23 unanswered points (3 TDs and 1 FG), multiple TOs by the D, just great desire by the team to close the game out. Im not comparing the 2006 team to this team but I recall "the stand" at UNC that gave that team the confidence to kickstart a memorable season. I was anticipating a 4 win season and I dont want to get ahead of myself but what I have seen thus far from the D but especially the O is very encouraging.

Again Im not comparing the two teams, however could this be a catalyst for the season?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News