ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you thread to Mike Dare

beaced

Hall of Famer
Jul 18, 2004
sunrise fl
Mike,Thank you for your unwavering commitment to Rutgers. You made a very intelligent decision and have been in the forefront of touting this program.I am looking forward to watching you play in Scarlet and bringing this team to great heights.

Dare is and will be a better QB then JG; watched both and I love Dare yes I know... not on the level the same of compition... remember 2 kids Burton and Jersey Joe both small schools not big D1 eyeballs on these kids. But "Cream Rises to the Top". JG is the "Jeff Driskel" of the 2016 class. The fact that he was surrounded by great talent making some supper catches that made JG actually looked better then he was.

Imbazza - I like your post 1766 prediction

Reading up on Dare again I'm feeling good about the next few years at QB. Sure, its fun to scratch off the lottery tickets and see how many starts are there, but players like Dare seems to be the bread and butter of the things Rutgers does well, and its fun watching them rise above their recruiting rankings.

Plus he has the right name length. You can't use more then 8 characters.

Ray Lucas
Mike Teel
Gary Nova
Chas Dodd
Mike Dare

Tom Savage showed promise but struggled and came up short (Thomas?). Not sure how Mike McMahon and Ryan Cubit did it, but they had the right first name length.

Laviano, Rettig and Rescigno looking to break the mold, but I suspect there could be a summer camp surprise contender.

While it's great he picked RU and wish we could get more QB's like him, the reality is Rutgers was the only school to offer him.

Originally posted by RUchip:

While it's great he picked RU and wish we could get more QB's like him, the reality is Rutgers was the only school to offer him.
Describe for us the mechanism by which anyone becomes aware of the offers extended to a potential recruit.

Originally posted by RU4Real:

Describe for us the mechanism by which anyone becomes aware of the offers extended to a potential recruit.
If Rutgers offered so our recruiting must know what they are doing.

If all we are going to do is to offer based on what other schools are offering then why waste money on recruiting.

The more offers these kids get, the harder it becomes for them to make a decision and in the process they make a fool of themselves.

Simple Google search of his name with Rivals, Scout, 24/7, ESPN will list all of his offers. None of them have more than Rutgers as offered. Rivals has Syracuse listed as well but no offer marked.

Originally posted by iReC89:
Imbazza - I like your post 1766 prediction

Reading up on Dare again I'm feeling good about the next few years at QB. Sure, its fun to scratch off the lottery tickets and see how many starts are there, but players like Dare seems to be the bread and butter of the things Rutgers does well, and its fun watching them rise above their recruiting rankings.

Plus he has the right name length. You can't use more then 8 characters.

Ray Lucas
Mike Teel
Gary Nova
Chas Dodd
Mike Dare

Tom Savage showed promise but struggled and came up short (Thomas?).
Not sure how Mike McMahon and Ryan Cubit did it, but they had the right first name length.

Laviano, Rettig and Rescigno looking to break the mold, but I suspect there could be a summer camp surprise contender.
I needed that laugh.

Simple Google search of his name with Rivals, Scout, 24/7, ESPN will list all of his offers. None of them have more than Rutgers as offered. Rivals has Syracuse listed as well but no offer marked.
I'm sorry, did you not understand the question?

How do all those people discover which schools have offered a recruit?

How do Rivals, Scout, 247, and ESPN find out? It is against the rules for the people who make offers to talk about offers.

Misread. I guess by communicating with school or player. Not sure

Schools are not permitted to discuss recruits.

All the information you see here, there and everywhere comes from one place - a recruit telling a web site (or Twitter) that he got an offer from a school.

All of that data has one source.

Some kids make shit up.

Other kids don't bother with the nonsense.

Michael Dare was offered a scholarship at a QB clinic held at RU in June immediately after his sophomore year. At the time, he spoke of his eagerness and enthusiasm, but did not verbally commit.

When he DID verbally commit was on NSD last year (his junior year). It's generally accepted that he did so because he wanted to help the program spin an otherwise somber day in Rutgers recruiting.

He signed his own LOI exactly one year later, NSD 2015.

In between that first contact and this year he basically spoke to no one about his recruiting. He was 100% Rutgers all the way and did not participate in any public conversation that wasn't about how great Rutgers is.

He's been a solid ambassador for the program. He has great skills and tremendous upside.

It's possible that he may turn some heads when he gets on campus this summer. The kid is good.

So yeah, when you do your Google search you don't turn up a 30 school offer list. Because he wasn't babbling to the press about how much 30 schools love him.

He's basically the complete opposite of the circus that just blew through town yesterday.

I first heard of Mike being committed to Rutgers in October 2013. PSU and UConn visited him a few times although Im not sure of any specific offers. I did hear that his commit was kept silent because Dare's performance at camp spooked Weigers.

Joe P.

This post was edited on 4/16 8:40 PM by JoeRU0304

I can only say RUis4real. Btw we missed out on 9TD 9INT KID....just saying turnogauaratano just doesnt have same ring.

By "school" I mean high school. They speak with HS coaches and tell them they are offering or not.
I guess you can say it was only known to the public he had one offer. Who knows he could of had more but can't find that anywhere except the source himself,Dare. I agree some kids probably bs some of their offers because schools are shady when it comes to offering. Lots of caveats.
This post was edited on 4/16 9:49 PM by RUchip

I totally agree. I have never seen the kid play in person, but I would LOVE if he ever becomes the leader of the team.

And honestly, he has the size and frame to do it. It just remains to be seen if he can handle the rather large jump in size, speed, and skills that come in the BIG10 compared to the type of teams he was playing in High School.

Guys, I have seen Michael Dare play and he is the real deal under the radar kid. LOVES Rutgers. Very humble kid with a burning desire to lead Rutgers. In October of last year after Wimbush decommitted from Penn State, they put a call into Dare and was told NO THANKS! I have seen this kid make throws that most Rutgers QBs could not make. 50YD ropes to receivers that just couldn't handle it. Is he ready to take over as a Freshman? NO. His body needs S&C. Give him 2 years and he will make some noise on the depth chart.

After reading the accolades about Mike and learning more about his recruitment, I can only say one thing....

Thank you Mike, you are a breath of fresh air around here who is now more appreciated than ever. We love you and I mean that with all my heart.

All the information you see here, there and everywhere comes from one place - a recruit telling a web site (or Twitter) that he got an offer from a school.

Some kids make shit up.

Michael Dare was offered a scholarship at a QB clinic held at RU in June immediately after his sophomore year. At the time, he spoke of his eagerness and enthusiasm, but did not verbally commit.

When he DID verbally commit was on NSD last year (his junior year). It's generally accepted that he did so because he wanted to help the program spin an otherwise somber day in Rutgers recruiting.

In between that first contact and this year he basically spoke to no one about his recruiting. He was 100% Rutgers all the way and did not participate in any public conversation that wasn't about how great Rutgers is.

He's been a solid ambassador for the program. He has great skills and tremendous upside.

It's possible that he may turn some heads when he gets on campus this summer. The kid is good.

So yeah, when you do your Google search you don't turn up a 30 school offer list. Because he wasn't babbling to the press about how much 30 schools love him.

He's basically the complete opposite of the circus that just blew through town yesterday.
Please describe the mechanism by which you determined this, from everything Dare did, said and to whom he said it, to your determination that "he basically spoke to no one," as well as your determination that his lack of babbling was do to a dislike of babbling rather than an absence of things to babble about. Please also include the mechanism by which you determined his great skills and tremendous upside.

Some kids make shit up.

Truth. Should be at the top of the page the remainder of the week. Oh, and "thank you Mike Dare." Good idea for a thread after the clown show that was that Times Square video.

Originally posted by willisneverrana43:

Some kids make shit up.

Please describe the mechanism by which you determined this, from everything Dare did, said and to whom he said it, to your determination that "he basically spoke to no one," as well as your determination that his lack of babbling was do to a dislike of babbling rather than an absence of things to babble about. Please also include the mechanism by which you determined his great skills and tremendous upside.
Exactly, good point. How do you know that Dare spoke to no other school after committing. Because he said hes committed to Rutgers and that's it? For all we know no other schools were interested. It can go either way, either he was contacted and given more offers or he wasn't. Just because he shut down his recruiting doesn't mean he was contacted by anyone. Back to my original point, it is not public knowledge anywhere that he had any other offers besides Rutgers. Either way who cares, just hope he is good.

And John pointed out yesterday the competitions he faced in HS was horrible compared to JG, so you can't compare these two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT