ADVERTISEMENT

Football The 2021 USA Today football coach salary database

Edsall was making $1.3 million. Hard to imagine UConn will be able to raise that for the next coach.

Reading some of those comments on the UCONN article is comical.
LMAO their clowns are saying there Football team will be relevant and saying we don’t belong in the B1G.

UConn is hosting Yale tomorrow

They are right where they belong
Don't really give a hoot about UConn one way or the other. Occasionally will post stuff about them cause I know there's some interest here.

In this case because of the question of HC salary and will they be able to keep paying the same amount. It's addressed in that article. I don't really care if they do or not.

From the article:

He’s confident that the financial commitment will remain. UConn paid Edsall nearly $1.2 million and paid the previous coach, Bob Diaco, $1.7 million. When asked if paying a coach $2 million was in reach, Benedict said: “Yes, because in the end, it’s a relatively small increase overall in the total pool and investment and the return is significant. If we hire the right person and we start winning, we’re going to start selling a lot more season tickets and that will pay for itself many times over.”

There’s already a solid financial commitment, which is in line with the lower end of the AAC. UConn is spending $2 million on its on-field assistant coaching staff, and $1.2 million on its off-field staff. That’s not exactly Clemson commitment, but it's a total staff commitment of $4.4 million accounting for the head coach salary. There’s an openness to that number increasing.

The USA Today football coach salary database is out and Rutgers HC Greg Schiano ranks No. 34 overall / 12th overall in Big Ten. However James Franklin's salary is not listed and is likely to be higher than Schiano's.

The USA Today football coach salary database is out and Rutgers HC Greg Schiano ranks No. 34 overall / 12th overall in Big Ten. However James Franklin's salary is not listed and is likely to be higher than Schiano's.

US Today has Franklin receiving $7 mil as scheduled school pay, but don't show any additional money he makes related to his HC job

How many of them can't win 4 games and yet get 7 figures? Salaries should be much more contingent on results on the field. CEOs of many companies are overpaid but at least those companies are usually profitable. We have guys like Ashe making $2 million per year and doing the equivalent of taking a profitable or struggling company and bankrupting it entirely and still getting many millions. This country talks about meritocracy but doesn't apply it to the very top where it matters most.

Just a note back on UCONN, if the governor and everyone else in the state of Connecticut makes these grand claims about being "all in" and the like (i.e. paying the next coach $2 million, etc.), where the F*CK are the concerned taxpayers with their bitching and yelling and screaming? I mean, we had the Rutgers 100 (or whatever the hell they were), the politicians, newspapers, and radio screaming that we shouldn't be spending a dime on football. At least, we were winning games. UCONN isn't and you mean to tell me that there aren't any concerned citizens in that whole state who are up in arms with the governor's comments?!

Reactions: beaced
Just a note back on UCONN, if the governor and everyone else in the state of Connecticut makes these grand claims about being "all in" and the like (i.e. paying the next coach $2 million, etc.), where the F*CK are the concerned taxpayers with their bitching and yelling and screaming? I mean, we had the Rutgers 100 (or whatever the hell they were), the politicians, newspapers, and radio screaming that we shouldn't be spending a dime on football. At least, we were winning games. UCONN isn't and you mean to tell me that there aren't any concerned citizens in that whole state who are up in arms with the governor's comments?!
Don't know how the local press covers those doggies, but if fairly favorable on how UConn spends, most of the B-M-Cing won't make the headlines and enemies of UConn's spending
won't have a press that amplifies their voices and makes Connecticut residents turn against spending what it takes for UConn FB to try to be a competitive program

In NJ the anti RU FB voices have a platform in the local press.
You can say the local press has to report what they hear, but I say they don't have to amplify the bad so much while seemingly top minimize the good.

Forgive me for bring frank BUT in NE one does not yell
scream or beeitch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT