ADVERTISEMENT

Football The Big Ten Football Schedule for Rutgers from 2024-2028

USC and Washington are tough, but the rest are potential wins.
Washington (Penix) and possibly USC (Williams) are replacing qbs next year. However, Riley and DeBoer have solid records of doing that well. .

edit: Actually, Wisconsin will be as well as Mordecai is a grad transfer. I think Taulia is a senior too iirc.

2024 doesn’t have any “historical” Big Ten teams at home. That’s a little amusing.

Oh I missed MSU.

Quick thoughts:

- RU doesn't play Michigan, Ohio State or State Penn next year. A whole new world.
-Only 1 home games against Michigan the next 5 years and no visit from Sandusky until 2028. I'm not upset. The Walmart Wolverines and Cultists in New Jersey can go F themselves.
We still get to see those lovely State Penn fans in 2025

Reactions: Local Shill
Have to start beating Maryland on a consistent basis. Will be tough this year but something that is achievable in the future.

Washington (Penix) and possibly USC (Williams) are replacing qbs next year. However, Riley and DeBoer have solid records of doing that well. .

edit: Actually, Wisconsin will be as well as Mordecai is a grad transfer. I think Taulia is a senior too iirc.
Tua gone.

So 2024 schedule will be:

Home

Akron
Illinois
Minnesota
UCLA
Washington
Wisconsin
Paycheck Game

Away

Maryland
Michigan State
Nebraska
USC
Virginia Tech
We will likely be the favorite in more than half of these. It has been a decade since we've had a schedule this manageable.

So glad they got rid of the divisions.

Reactions: motorb54
Very interesting..

In 5 years (23 home games and 22 away) we host Michigan and Ohio State and USC and Oregon once each.. the teams we host twice are Illinois, Maryland, Penn State, Minnesota, UCLA and Washington.. 23 games.. 17 teams can visit.. 6 dupes..

We visit Maryland 3 times, Michigan State, Nebraska and Ohio State twice.. hmmm.. that means there is someone we do not visit.. right? 18 teams, 22 away games.. 17 places to visit.. there should be only 5 dupes in 5 years.. why @Maryland 3 times? Cheaper on travel costs for us I guess.

As for value of a Rutgers ticket, as good as Washington and UCLA are I doubt those games would be as valuable as, say, another Michigan, Ohio State, USC game.

My prediction: They change these schedules in the next two years before Michigan and USC visits us in 2026 and Ohio State in 2027.

2024 RUTGERS / BIG TEN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
HOME GAMEAWAY GAME
IllinoisMaryland
MinnesotaMichigan State
UCLANebraska
WashingtonUSC
Wisconsin.

2025 RUTGERS / BIG TEN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
HOME GAMEAWAY GAME
IowaIllinois
MarylandMinnesota
OregonOhio State
Penn StatePurdue
.Washington

2026 RUTGERS / BIG TEN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
HOME GAMEAWAY GAME
IndianaMaryland
MichiganNorthwestern
Michigan StatePenn State
NebraskaWisconsin
USC.

2027 RUTGERS / BIG TEN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
HOME GAMEAWAY GAME
MarylandIndiana
NorthwesternMichigan
Ohio StateMichigan State
WashingtonNebraska
.UCLA

2028 RUTGERS / BIG TEN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
HOME GAMEAWAY GAME
IllinoisIowa
MinnesotaMaryland
Penn StateOhio State
PurdueOregon
UCLA

Washington loses Penix to the Draft. They'll be much more mortal next year. Really outside of USC, we have an INCREDIBLY fair 2024 slate.
Actually with Williams leaving USC after this year, I think Wash could be tougher. USC’s defense hasn’t been good under Riley and his OU teams were similar. However the USC game is out there and a likely loss.

Old schedule versus new schedule:

OLD. NEW

Home

Akron. Akron
FCS. FCS
Illinois. Illinois
UCLA. UCLA
Iowa. Minnesota
Michigan Washington
PSU. Wisconsin

Away

VT. VT
Maryland Maryland
Mich. St. Mich. St.
Minnesota Nebraska
Ohio St. USC

Actually with Williams leaving USC after this year, I think Wash could be tougher. USC’s defense hasn’t been good under Riley and his OU teams were similar. However the USC game is out there and a likely loss.
Washington will lose Penix and USC might lose Williams. But DeBoer and Riley both have a history of finding productive qbs.

DeBoer did it at Fresno with Jake Haener too and their offense was ranked in top 20s and 30s YPP. Riley has had a litany of productive qbs and offenses at OU before he went to USC.

The one thing I wonder about for the western teams, and it’s still an unknown, is how will they handle the eastward travel, which imo is harder than westward travel.

Old schedule versus new schedule:

OLD. NEW

Home

Akron. Akron = equal in difficulty
FCS. FCS = equal
Illinois. Illinois = equal
UCLA. UCLA = equal
Iowa. Minnesota = I'd say equal
Michigan Washington = easier with Penix leaving
PSU. Wisconsin = easier

Away

VT. VT = equal
Maryland Maryland = equal
Mich. St. Mich. St. = equal
Minnesota Nebraska = easier
Ohio St. USC = equal based on travel to LA
All in all if you break the opponents with the old and new schedules down based on team the new schedule on paper is easier.

All in all if you break the opponents with the old and new schedules down based on team the new schedule on paper is easier.
Like our chances better vs. Washington and Wisconsin over Michigan and Penn State. USC/Ohio State is a wash. Not sure how I feel about Nebraska as opposed to Iowa. I feel like Rhule will right the ship there at some point.

Quick thoughts:

- RU doesn't play Michigan, Ohio State or State Penn next year. A whole new world.
-Only 1 home games against Michigan the next 5 years and only visit from Sandusky before 2028. I'm not upset. The Walmart Wolverines and Cultists in New Jersey can go F themselves.

I love this

So 2024 schedule will be:

Home

Akron
Illinois
Minnesota
UCLA
Washington
Wisconsin
Paycheck Game

Away

Maryland
Michigan State
Nebraska
USC
Virginia Tech
Just last night, I was looking at the 2024 schedule, thinking it was the most brutal yet, with the usual big three in the B1G East and then with MSU, MD, and MN away, as well as VT away, which is not going to be easy, plus Iowa and UCLA at home. The only games we would've been favored in would've likely been Illinois at home, Akron at home and bought game at home vs. being favored in 5 or 6 games now, plus having more toss-up games vs. heavy dog games. We needed this.

• Home: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Penn State, UCLA, Akron.
  • Away: Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Virginia Tech.
  • A non-conference game TBD.

I confess that I don't know the rules. Can Mordecai apply for a medical redshirt?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT