ADVERTISEMENT

Football The Big Ten Football Schedule for Rutgers from 2024-2028

From The Athletic--We are in the equation for the CFP???!!!!! 🤷‍♂️

"This is where common sense matters. For Illinois and Purdue or perhaps Iowa and Minnesota, none of them will likely win the national title. Maybe they crack the 12-team College Football Playoff one day, but it will be a rare occurrence. But playing for a rivalry trophy like The Cannon or Floyd of Rosedale is special. It matters. That’s not just a game historically; it is history."

From The Athletic--We are in the equation for the CFP???!!!!! 🤷‍♂️

"This is where common sense matters. For Illinois and Purdue or perhaps Iowa and Minnesota, none of them will likely win the national title. Maybe they crack the 12-team College Football Playoff one day, but it will be a rare occurrence. But playing for a rivalry trophy like The Cannon or Floyd of Rosedale is special. It matters. That’s not just a game historically; it is history."

No . The article said those trophy games matter. . Is rutgers-Maryland a trophy game ?

No . The article said those trophy games matter. . Is rutgers-Maryland a trophy game ?
Yes, this is our trophy game:
i-got-crabs-at-your-restaurant-or-bar-here-mens-t-shirt.jpg

Reactions: Plum Street
Didn't see the PSU-MSU Land Grant Trophy game protected.
Think both schools don't think it's a big deal and worth protecting
Maybe if we crab enough about it RU and Maryland can have a Blue Claw Trophy game

Looks like the current teams got exactly one west coast trip in 2024.. Washington has 3 trips to the eastern time zone.

Didn't see the PSU-MSU Land Grant Trophy game protected.
Think both schools don't think it's a big deal and worth protecting
Maybe if we crab enough about it RU and Maryland can have a Blue Claw Trophy game
Did you read the article?

Washington (Penix) and possibly USC (Williams) are replacing qbs next year. However, Riley and DeBoer have solid records of doing that well. .

edit: Actually, Wisconsin will be as well as Mordecai is a grad transfer. I think Taulia is a senior too iirc.
We'll be the team with the returning veteran B1G 10 QB next yer.

Did you read the article?
read this when tried to:
"Access all of The Athletic. Just $1.99 $0.50/week."
------------------------------------------
But was going by this that I found on the Scoop
Big Ten releases schedules through 2028 including new members USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington - Footballscoop
>Those 12 protected matchups are:

Illinois - Northwestern
Illinois - Purdue
Indiana - Purdue
Iowa - Minnesota
Iowa - Wisconsin
Maryland - Rutgers
Michigan - Michigan State
Michigan - Ohio State
Minnesota - Wisconsin
Oregon - Washington
UCLA - USC <
https://footballscoop.com/news/big-...ng-new-members-usc-ucla-oregon-and-washington

Last edited:
read this when tried to
Access all of The Athletic. Just $1.99 $0.50/week.
It is a paywall article. Athletic often has $1/month or $2/month for a year subscription deals. I just have it for CFB and it's worth it for me. If you like other sports, I tend to think their coverage is probably good.

If you see an Athletic link it's going to be paywall but when I post links from them I usually try to give pertinent snippets from the article or the gist of it.

It's not new info with regards to PSU/MSU. It's just like the previous flex protect schedule before Oregon/Washington were added. PSU sought no permanent rivals so they have no protected games.

Reactions: MADHAT1
It is a paywall article. Athletic often has $1/month or $2/month for a year subscription deals. I just have it for CFB and it's worth it for me. If you like other sports, I tend to think their coverage is probably good.

If you see an Athletic link it's going to be paywall but when I post links from them I usually try to give pertinent snippets from the article or the gist of it.

It's not new info with regards to PSU/MSU. It's just like the previous flex protect schedule before Oregon/Washington were added. PSU sought no permanent rivals so they have no protected games.
thanks for the info.
When asked if I read the article, I got the impression that person who asked me if I read the article was implying the Land Grant Trophy game was a protected one and that was stated in the Athetic article.

I have the athletic too at a promo rate.
It’s good , but doesn’t beat the Sunday mornings with 2 or 3 sports sections on the kitchen table

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT