ADVERTISEMENT

The full share revenue for 2025 is….

The moneys associated with the 2025 Fall to Spring 2026 year will be announced until Spring of 2027 by the conference. Not sure when the money changes hands.

We just found out a few months ago that the B10 dispersed 60.5M per school for the 2022-2023 fiscal year which ended June 30th 2023. Rutgers and Maryland got 58.8M

Do we know if the 58.8M is all inclusive? or are we giving back 5-10M back per year and we only made 49-54M this past year.

Well we are doing far better than any of our Big East conference mates.
Yep when you break it down:

BC: Irrelevant and will be G5 once ACC dies
Cuse: Irrelevant and will be G5 once ACC dies
UConn: Flaming bag of shit and homeless as a G5 school
VT: Meh/average program in ACC
Miami: Meh/average program in ACC
WVU: Above average program in Big 12
Louisville: Above average program in ACC
Cincy: Taking their lumps in early Big 12 era
Pitt: Meh program in ACC
Temple: Irrelevant program in AAC

Only schools in the old Big East besides RU that are doing well IMO are WVU and Louisville as of now. Cincy had their moments in AAC but they're going through the ringer in Big 12 right now. Outside of that, varying degrees of unadulterated dog crap to mediocrity for the old BE schools.

Last edited:

Only schools in the old Big East besides RU that are doing well IMO are WVU and Louisville as of now. Cincy had their moments in AAC but they're going through the ringer in Big 12 right now. Outside of that, varying degrees of unadulterated dog crap to mediocrity for the old BE schools.
It's really a snapshot in time. Two years ago you could have said that RU is an irrelevant program in the B10. But yes we are lucky to be in the best conference in the country and that has its benefits

OGC.3415ea0dbd398754fda6b3e52b07f3d5

Funny how with most programs, coaching is the key (Pitt, VT, BC, Cuse, even Temple was winning during the Addazio and Rhule years, us with Schiano). Miami perhaps had a change of philosophy and de-emphasized athletics during Shalala's tenure? Or is it a case of coaching there?

The bluebloods seem to keep winning no matter what (OSU-Mich-PSU-Texas-USC).

Cincinnati had an ability to select good coaches from a level lower than them -- they reached down and made good hires during their BE/AAC tenure.

Last edited:
RU still paying back loan money though, correct??

I think we are done in 2027. Not certain. But each year our cut is growing immensely. The difference between our payouts vs the OG’s is getting much smaller with each year (compared to the massive difference at the beginning)

This was from at least 5 years ago, so the numbers are obviously now higher. But for the 2027 fiscal year (which I believe starts in 2026 - anyone know?) the loan will be paid off and we'll get the full amount.

bKbDuqB.jpg

I'm sure everyone here takes some satisfaction in that. Syracuse, BC & Pitt left the Big East to die and probably thought something like Rutgers is just going to die on vine a slow death in the AAC. Then we land in the BIG and now the ACC is looking like a dead man walking. Sometimes Karma just works out.

Year Full distribution Rutgers distribution Difference

This was from at least 5 years ago, so the numbers are obviously now higher. But for the 2027 fiscal year (which I believe starts in 2026 - anyone know?) the loan will be paid off and we'll get the full amount.

bKbDuqB.jpg

I was just about to post these figures.

The figures come from a report prepared in 2018 and released in January 2019 so do not reflect the most recent media deal terms.

The 2027 fiscal year is July 1, 2026 to June 30, 2027.

I'm sure everyone here takes some satisfaction in that. Syracuse, BC & Pitt left the Big East to die and probably thought something like Rutgers is just going to die on vine a slow death in the AAC. Then we land in the BIG and now the ACC is looking like a dead man walking. Sometimes Karma just works out.

I really, REALLY have to disagree with you on this. That is totally wrong. "Some" satisfaction? Just "some"??? Oh, no, we're reveling in it! Think of us all as little kids with an irresistable mud puddle to roll in. Especially with the possible implosion of the ACC. When it comes to the Rotting Decrepit Fruit and the French Whores, the worse it gets the more giddy we get.

Reactions: bigmatt718

bKbDuqB.jpg
At some point, when UCLA, USC, UW and Ducks were added, there was a news item that Rutgers/Patt Hobbs were going to work on renegotiating the payback amount/schedule. Not sure how that went.

bKbDuqB.jpg
So, two more years as the financial year runs somewhere around June 7th as the start and end date. Still burns me a little that UCLA and USC get in Scott free. UCLA especially, they're in worse financial shape than we were and needed this conference even more.

But I guess they learned how lucrative capturing the TV markets were upon Rutgers entry, as they made the conference a boatload of money. Too bad they couldn't find a way to kick back some of that on the loans. Every original member can say what they want, but Maryland's and our entry overperformed money wise. It wasn't like Michigan and Ohio St. suddenly became good.

The moneys associated with the 2025 Fall to Spring 2026 year will be announced until Spring of 2027 by the conference. Not sure when the money changes hands.

We just found out a few months ago that the B10 dispersed 60.5M per school for the 2022-2023 fiscal year which ended June 30th 2023. Rutgers and Maryland got 58.8M
The thing I find curious is the gap here is less than 2 million, but the table post 16 has a 9 million dollar difference for 2023, that estimated back in 2018

I can see revenue higher or less than when this table was made, but if what you say is true here, we are just about full revenue

only relatively minor adjustment - I think Miami is better than "Meh/ average" While they are certainly not the same as their glory days AND seem to have under-performed in recent years, they are universally placed in the top 25 this year. just off that theyre doing better than "meh".

but yes, the fact that a lot of our former foes are being left on the vine to die.... LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

they (and particularly their fans) can all SUCK IT!

In 2012, Rutgers announced it would join the B1G in 2014.

The initial deal stated Rutgers and Maryland would receive lower payouts than long-time B1G schools for the first six years of membership. Then, in 2020, Rutgers and Maryland would receive payouts equal to other B1G schools.

However, Rutgers' athletic department continued to bleed cash. In 2018, the athletic department borrowed $14 million from the conference.

In 2019, another $13 million was borrowed. In addition, the conference advanced the athletic department $3 million.

Then, in 2020, guess what happened? Hobbs again begged the conference for money, this time borrowing $11 million and accepting a $7 million advance.

The $3 million and $7 million advances were paid back; $6 million in 2021 and $4 million in 2022.

The $38 million in loans will be paid off in 2026.

In 2027, Rutgers should receive the same conference distribution as other B1G schools, except Oregon and Washington who will receive a half share media rights distribution through 2030, when the current media deal expires.

Could Rutgers turn to the conference for loans or advances in the next several years? I doubt it. After borrowing from the conference to fund operating losses from 2018 to 2020, Hobbs more recently has instead turned to Holloway for help and Hobbs has received it. Rutgers athletics dominates the B1G in university subsidies.

In 2012, Rutgers announced it would join the B1G in 2014.

The initial deal stated Rutgers and Maryland would receive lower payouts than long-time B1G schools for the first six years of membership. Then, in 2020, Rutgers and Maryland would receive payouts equal to other B1G schools.

However, Rutgers' athletic department continued to bleed cash. In 2018, the athletic department borrowed $14 million from the conference.

In 2019, another $13 million was borrowed. In addition, the conference advanced the athletic department $3 million.

Then, in 2020, guess what happened? Hobbs again begged the conference for money, this time borrowing $11 million and accepting a $7 million advance.

The $3 million and $7 million advances were paid back; $6 million in 2021 and $4 million in 2022.

The $38 million in loans will be paid off in 2026.

In 2027, Rutgers should receive the same conference distribution as other B1G schools, except Oregon and Washington who will receive a half share media rights distribution through 2030, when the current media deal expires.

Could Rutgers turn to the conference for loans or advances in the next several years? I doubt it. After borrowing from the conference to fund operating losses from 2018 to 2020, Hobbs more recently has instead turned to Holloway for help and Hobbs has received it. Rutgers athletics dominates the B1G in university subsidies.
And some fans continually misunderstood that we kept borrowing money, and thought the big ten was underpaying us

The thing I find curious is the gap here is less than 2 million, but the table post 16 has a 9 million dollar difference for 2023, that estimated back in 2018

I can see revenue higher or less than when this table was made, but if what you say is true here, we are just about full revenue
I suspect that maybe we are then turning around and paying some back to the B10 for loans.

I mean we were getting paid Big East money initially ..... In 2018 the Big12, ACC, Pac12 all made between 29-35M. We got 24M per above.

I believe our first year 2014 we got 9M...... the Big12 had 23M plus 3rd tier the same year.

We couldn't even pay our coaches or go for a Big12 level coach.

FINALLY, we can now act like a B10 School.

Reactions: lakejj and wheezer
I suspect that maybe we are then turning around and paying some back to the B10 for loans.

I mean we were getting paid Big East money initially ..... In 2018 the Big12, ACC, Pac12 all made between 29-35M. We got 24M per above.

I believe our first year 2014 we got 9M...... the Big12 had 23M plus 3rd tier the same year.

We couldn't even pay our coaches or go for a Big12 level coach.

FINALLY, we can now act like a B10 School.
And it's FINALLY showing. Just in time for NIL. Also appears that the athletic department has a coherent understanding of the NIL mechanics.

Reactions: bigmatt718
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT