ADVERTISEMENT

The Ghost of Lance Thomas

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/pete-panuska-1.html

I know this is 30 yrs ago, but this what I think of. All-State HB from the Shore. No relevance on today's world, but. I still posted it. BTW is there an official thread on how to post links?

yikes. tough career stats there for Mr. Panuska.

as for the posting links, you can just copy and paste the link in reply up in the "Share a link" section on the top right of the reply. clear the box and then stick in your link.

Panuska is a great reference. I played for Jackson during Paniska's junior year. He and our back Lou Landi lit it up in the shore conference. We were the first Jackson team to ever beat Brick in school history and had a very good team as did Brick. Landi didn't get a sniff anywhere. The bigger Panuska wound up at Tenn. I know it was old school recruiting but just a great example of how a kid can be a product of the team as well as folks falling in love with his looks. Not hard to put a great tape together when you are on a great team. In my opinion the two backs had very similar talent and speed, but the offers didn't reflect that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT