ADVERTISEMENT

The 'Jersey Jam' has the right idea. With some adjustments, it could be bigger and better.

Didn’t read this article but imo what would be cool is an NJ basketball event headlined by RU and SHU (separate opponents for each, not head to head) right after football season is over, in Atlantic City.

Each team plays a different NJ opponent and the following year you rotate those non-RU/SHU teams.

Now, I what I am about to say next I am.not locked into (I don’t care about playing Princeton AT ALL) but for those that want Princeton (PU said last night they want to play RU every year if we will have them), you could propose Princeton as a fixed 3rd team in this annual NJ Basketball event. RU would play Princeton in AC one year, at the RAC the alternate year, and continue until no longer wanting to play them.

On the day of the event, you get two Nj high school games at 11am and 1pm, and then the RU and SHU games at 4pm and 7pm,

Now I’m a frequent Borgata guy so I know I would look forward to attending this game every year but I think it could resonate with NJ fans, RU fans and SHU fans. Assuming Rutgers and shu are good, you’ll probably get the pro ball execs and scouts to this event too which doesn’t matter but maybe raises the ambience idk.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If this is to continue, it won’t be there.

Nice try, Jerry.🙄

Last edited:
Only have one chance to make a first impression. That was an unmitigated disaster from an event management standpoint. All I missed was the national anthem and I was lucky. But that meant that it took me an hour to get from 0.3 miles away from the arena to my seat, after being let into a parking lot with no open spaces. Luckily, there was no one to collect the $20 parking fee for the trouble.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
lol...the article was a joke, the guy from the Gazelle Group is delusional about interest in this and again we have Carino pushing an agenda for a game that no one really cares about
The facts are (1) Princeton's fanbase doesn't care about the rivalry because based on last night, they don't actually have a fanbase and (2) Rutgers would have drawn the same amount of fans for ANY Q2/Q3-type opponent last night.

I made the trek from Bergen County because I was excited for opening night, not because it was Princeton.

I like the idea of playing Princeton and don’t like the optics of running away from them. This isn’t the Carrill offense. This is just a good team. We should be playing more of those in the pre league schedule. It’ll be a home game or a game nearby with a lot of our fans there. The fact that they tanned us Monday night is something that should be addressed by getting better, not running away. It doesn’t need to be some Jersey Jam thing. Whatever it is, let’s beef up the schedule so we don’t get left home again by the NCAA to play in the NIT and get handled at home by friggin’ Hofstra.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT