ADVERTISEMENT

The Lewis Leap

RUSK97

Heisman Winner
Dec 28, 2007
CNJ
Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned much. Reminded me of one of my favorite players on the Banks.

I think it was the fourth quarter. Lewis fakes a handoff to a RB, then pulls it in himself for a rushing attempt. A defender sweeps in from the edge to make a tackle and Lewis leaps over him. Channeling a bit of the great Brian Leonard.

Reactions: Rutgerscc
He has very nice agility for a kid as big as he is. If he can pass the ball as well as he runs it, we can have some real fun the next few years.

Was just thinking it might be fun to use Lewis for a bubble pass now and then.. you've seen this a million times for Grant and others.. 3 WR wide... snap under center.. immediate LATERAL pass (must go backward in this case). 2 blockers wide do NOT block downfield..but do screen block.

We show that look a couple times for Lewis where he runs with it.. and then we have him pass off it. Grant can run the same thing. Could be a TD ball if the other elements sell it right... TE looking like he's blocking downfield but end up slipping behind a safety coming up to stop the run.

Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned much. Reminded me of one of my favorite players on the Banks.
Not even close to what the Brian Leonard leap was... Jon Lewis is a very , very athletic guy at 240 lbs but all he did was pull the leg away...

Not even close to what the Brian Leonard leap was... Jon Lewis is a very , very athletic guy at 240 lbs but all he did was pull the leg away...

Leonard literally jumped over peoples head.

Yeah, looked a lot more impressive watching it live...oh well, still a great move. Thanks Shift for posting it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT