ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL BIG TEN TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINAL GAME PREDICTION THREAD: RUTGERS-IOWA

Iowa 100 - RU O. Iowa is better than the original dream team. They are corn fed sharpshooters who never miss. They are giants who grab every rebound and gentleman who never commit fouls.
Despite these advantages, any loss to these supermen will be Pike's fault so let me be the first to call for immediate firing shortly after tip off.
Yeah but their defense isn't that good. I think we avoid the shutout.

This game could go a number of ways but I think we see a focused RU team, an overly confident Iowa team, with the game coming down to the wire.

Rutgers 71
Iowa 73

Our NET drops 6 points for something about inefficiency, but we get accolades in the media anyway for keeping it close against the greatest team of all time -- and keep our NCAA tourney spot after Andy Katz holds the Committee Chairman hostage in a conference room at the Indianapolis Marriott.

Last edited:
Reactions: biker7766
The thing that sucks is that Iowa didn't even break a sweat in winning yesterday. Any advantage we hoped to have by them having tired legs under their jump shot is gone. RU is going to have to bring their A game on both sides and rebound like crazy.

Reactions: Scangg
Iowa will score more than 46(RU 46-48) and 53(Iowa St 53-73)
Iowa will score less than 68(vsPSU) and 66(@ PSU, at the end of reg)
The problem is Rutgers average 67.7 points a game.

Rutgers 67
Iowa 61

Iowa by 30. It's a family affair....... Murray twins score 40, McCaffrey brothers add 20

..... and the 2nd half is even better 😛

Also, Mulcahy is one of my favorite Big Ten players.
You are the second Iowa fan I've seen today say they love Paul. It's gotta be bc Iowa loves white boys. I've been looking at most boards this season and they all universally HATE Paul

Rutgers 72 Iowa 63.
I also predict Iowa fans will complain about our group of “thugs” and how we foul on every possession.
So what is this talk here (eg: 2 posts above) of Rutgers "physical defense?"

That's code for a lot of contact. Better hope the refs swallow their whistles (again) as many here have already hoped for.

FWIW ... I like Pike (put that on a campaign button).

You are the second Iowa fan I've seen today say they love Paul. It's gotta be bc Iowa loves white boys. I've been looking at most boards this season and they all universally HATE Paul
He is sneaky good with his dribble and has a unique collection of effective '"junk" shots (I mean that in a good way), especially shot attempts close to the basket. Decent defender also. The headband is icing on the cake. Future MVP of the Bayonne YMCA rec league.

Its not a "white boy" thing LOL. Harper, McConnell, Amarouyi (sp) - all talented basketball players that B10 fans can appreciate. If it makes you feel better, I'll hate Mulcahy if he hits a game winner to beat the Hawks.

Whatever the outcome of today's game, I'll be a huge fan of Rutgers in the NCAA tourney.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT